Sign in to follow this  
moon

Terrorists Behead American On Video

Well, on top of all the crap coming out of the Middle East, I heard from my oldest son, yesterday. His division leaves for Iraq next month. :( He's already served a tour in Afghanistan. I asked him what he would do if he's captured. His reply, "They ain't gonna take me alive!" God, I'm gonna go nuts with worry. Still, I'm very, very proud of him. Say a little prayer for him, Thanks.

I for one think of our troops every day chrunchy. I hope and pray for their safety everyday. God Bless your son, he is a brave man I'd be proud to pray for him.

If I prayed, I would.

I don't, so I'll just say that I sincerely hope your son is not gone too long and comes home safe and sound.

Like some have said before me, this is not going to be a one-off event. I hope we are proven wrong  :mrsgreen:

Amen to that. Edited by dwparsnip

because the only good Arab is a dead Arab, and ain't that right, pilgrim?

Muslim male extremists (terrorists ) mostly between the ages of 17 and 40 ...You got it... ;)

and the sooner the better..

Okay, Ike, I'll bite. Assume that every terrorist in the world is a Muslim male between 17 and 40. Assume there are 1.2 billion Muslims in the world, and half are male. Are you saying we should kill 600 million people? Even Heinrich Himmler would have a tough time implementing such an ambitious plan. Here's an idea that will be a lot easier, let's just find the terrorists and punish them. That's probably just a few thousand people, although if we do a lot of dumb things like persecute innocent Muslims we can probably increase that number sigificantly.

although if we do a lot of dumb things like persecute innocent Muslims we can probably increase that number sigificantly.

I agree with everything you said except the part I quoted.

We had 3000 innocent people killed on 09/11. How many more terrorists from America did it cause against the Arab world?

I think a terrorist is basically been brainwashed that way. I dont think an "Event" can turn a normal law abiding citizen into a terrorist.

"We had 3000 innocent people killed on 09/11. How many more terrorists from America did it cause against the Arab world?" Perhaps no terrorists perhaps 100 we don't know. We do know that after 9-11 military recruitment went up. It stands to reason that when a people feel threatened or are attacked that they are more likely to resist than when they don't feel attacked or threatened. Didn't someone just post that we should avenge the beheading of the American Citizen by blindly attacking the innocent as well as the guilty. How is indiscriminate killing for a political objective different than terrorism?

I think events can turn law abiding people into alot of things you didn't think they would become, such as racists and/or extremists so why not terrorists?

At this point I am beginning to fear gun toting redneck racists more than Muslims.

Edited by TracyLynn

How many innocent people have we killed in the name of retribution for 9/11?

The fact that we did it from a moral standpoint in legitimate military action makes no difference to the number of innocent people that have been killed, or the effect their deaths have on their families and friends.

Guest Hurdy

With all the resources available does anyone think it strange that Osama Bin Laden hasn't been found yet?

Edited by Hurdy

Hurdy it's why I thought the invasion of Iraq was far too hasty because Bin Laden and his merry band of henchmen weren't taken care of first and foremost. It is almost like Bin Laden has been overshadowed and an afterthought now because of all the happenings in Iraq. Where is the justice for the victims families of 9/11 when Bin Laden still roams the earth doing what he wants? It makes you wonder what the priorities are exactly in this so called war on terrorism :blink:

Hurdy it's why I thought the invasion of Iraq was far too hasty because Bin Laden and his merry band of henchmen weren't taken care of first and foremost. It is almost like Bin Laden has been overshadowed and an afterthought now because of all the happenings in Iraq. Where is the justice for the victims families of 9/11 when Bin Laden still roams the earth doing what he wants? It makes you wonder what the priorities are exactly in this so called war on terrorism :blink:

Hurdy and TracyLynn... :tup:

At this point I am beginning to fear gun toting redneck racists more than Muslims.

I always have TracyLynn. I have litterally fought with them on a few occasions to protect my son. They are not just South of the Dixie line. :angry: They are everywhere you go.

I am not surprised he hasn't been found. It took almost a year to find Saddam and we were pretty sure what country he was in, he had relatively little support from his own people, we had more than 150,000 people roaming around looking for him and the full attention of the military. Contrast that with someone that is well respected/honored by large numbers of Muslims in different countries, that is believed to be traveling from country to country, while being hunted by a few thousand troops. The administration is pretty clearly giving the message that Osama is not a high priority target. I think Bush said that he doesn't want to swat flys he wants to address the big picture.

How many innocent people have we killed in the name of retribution for 9/11?

Too many

Excatly!

It's easy for the terrorists. They know who we are and where we live and they don't care about civilian casualties.

We don't want to cause civilian casualties, yet they are tragically inevitable in this type of 'war'. If the terrorists had and army, and planes and tanks, we could meet them on the battlefield and no civilians need be involved. The fact that the terrorists are fighting against the world's mightiest military machine with billions of dollars of resources behind it means it highly unlikely that they will come out from the shadows. You might call them cowards or you might say it was common sense!

The point is that the methods being employed to fight the terrorists are not working. The best way to combat terrorism is to stop people becoming terrorists in the first place. The only way to do this is to make people see the truth about who we are and what we want. Or alternatively, for US to see the truth about who we are and what we want. Do we have hidden agendas and policies that cause real greivances or are we really good, honest people who want to live in peace with our brothers and sisters around the world? If the latter (and I hope it is the latter) then what we have is not a military war but a PR war. The people we are trying to stop think that America is an evil, expansionist empire builder. I don't think that invading and occupying Iraq while killing thousands of civilians is really the best way to change that opinion somehow.

Go head and call me ignorant...but I hope american's keep taking pic's of their people the way they are

Thats just wrong. I feel so sorry for that guy. Yes. Intratech and Sublimer. keep taking the pictures. That is just WRONG!

I am so damn tierd of those people. I say nuke the whole region and be done with em all.

because the only good Arab is a dead Arab, and ain't that right, pilgrim?

:tup:

I tried Bruce.  I begged them,  they turned me down.  Ive had my right hip replaced and broke both hips so the left one is not as good as it could be, my right ankle is not up to par as well.  That was Sept. 14, 2001.

I literally begged them while my three year old daughter stood by.  I pleaded with that man to enlist me.

I would serve and die for my country in a heartbeat.  without hesistation.  its my duty.   i would be honored.

so thats what im waiting for.

angela :angry:

hi angela.

have you ever considered working for the armed services in another capacity

or even doing some voluntary work ?

google had plenty of results for the word veterans

Many individuals have a desire to help but not the time. Because of work, family and other responsibilities people are unable to provide the needed assistance. There are other ways to help.

Many of our facilities need more than just your presence. Each VA inpatient facility needs assistance in providing personal care items to veterans. Others need monetary assistance to provide funding for coffee programs, inpatient televisions, off-station trips, patient welfare funds... the list goes on.

If you are unable to volunteer your time at a Veterans Affairs medical center but still want to help, contact a facility near you. By working with the Voluntary Service Program Manager at that facility you will be able to determine the most appropriate means by which to assist America's Heroes.

VA Voluntary Service

everyone who cares can do there own little bit.

take care

:)

DarkWave ...there are extremist westerners like there are extremist Muslims...We don't all think that way ;)

:tup:

Hmm... not much to quote but I get the point of your post and your new sig.

The problem is that too many people think like that on both sides.

I'm pretty certain that somewhere on an Arab message board right now, someone is posting "the only good American is a dead American."

What is the difference between the two of you? We can call him a muslim extremist or a terrorist. He would call you an evil American imperialist.

Both are probably wrong. The problem is that hatred leads to violence leads to bloodshed. That's OK as long as it's his brother/sister/son/daughter/friend not yours? No. It's not OK. An innocent life is an innocent life in my book.

Guest Deuces Wild

I'm pretty certain that somewhere on an Arab message board right now, someone is posting "the only good American is a dead American."

What is the difference between the two of you?

The terrorists in the Middle East are living in the stone age. They have no regard for human life. This is quite evident by the fact of them video taping a beheading of a human while shouting "God is good".

Muslim male between the age of 17 and 40

I can not say how prejudice and racist this statement is. Everyone has a right to their opinion. The people that understand that quote and agree have their opinion. This is mine. :mrsgreen: