Sign in to follow this  
moon

Terrorists Behead American On Video

Terrorists don't always wear masks. Sometiimes they delay the start of somthing good on TV like a hockey game by calling it a State Of The Union Address.

And not to make you think I'm a Muslim lover, since to tell the truth the only Muslims I really know are the dudes who sell me my cigs at the 7-11 - but what do you all think of that wonderful American-born ex-Marine no less Mom and apple pie loving terrorist named Tim McVeigh? He's a good guy because he was a God-fearing Christian dude, eh? Ask the survivors of OKC if they feel less worthy than those of the holy hallowed WTC?

Terrorism is terrorism, whether Islamic, Judaic, or Megalomerican.

Don't believe the hype.

Edited by GreenTillDeath

I started the thread to try to restore a sense of perspective within the climate of hysteria brought about by the 'torture' photographs . The war against terrorism is a war of morals and it's with us for the forseeable future. It would be preferable for Islam to deal with its own decadence but we have no option but to intervene if it can't. No option.

Terrorists don't always wear masks. Sometiimes they delay the start of somthing good on TV like a hockey game by calling it a State Of The Union Address.

:lol: How true.

Terrorism is terrorism, whether Islamic, Judaic, or Megalomerican.

Not arguing that point, just think they shouldn't have been hiding their faces. I understand why they do, because if we know who they are, we will find them.

My sister is usually pretty levelheaded about politics, but she is so #%^*! off about these people taking matters into their own hands that she thinks we should just forget about prosecuting the prison guards entirely. After all these self appointed judges, juries, and executioners have already declared that justice is served.

It would be preferable for Islam to deal with its own decadence but we have no option but to intervene if it can't. No option.

It would also be preferable if Christianity would deal with its own decadence, do "they" have the right to intervene if it can't?

I can't respect a religion that believes in disallowing the use of birth control, condemning those who happen to be homosexual, getting Opie and Anthony banned from radio, and just preaching idiotic BS, while they condone the sexual abuse of minors. They are more worried about fighting to have "in god we trust" kept on money, and "our nation under god" kept in the pledge of allegiance than cleaning their own filthy house.

I can't respect a religion that believes in disallowing the use of birth control, condemning those who happen to be homosexual, getting Opie and Anthony banned from radio,

That's your own agenda, nothing to do with Fundamentalists killing our civilians in our own cities.

How many of you folks are willing to do more then puff allot of hot air up everyones butts?

I'm serious. How many of those who are so supportive of this ill devised fiasco are willing to go and die in Iraq?

For those between the ages of 18 and 36 why are you here at home blowing smoke? Why haven't you signed up for the Army or Marines, with a special request to serve in Iraq?

For those of you who have sons and daughters about to graduate highschool, or just entering college why are you not signing them up to die in Iraq? Haven't you told them they need to go get em, because we want them to bring it on, and someone has to be there when they do? Why haven't you told them to quit college and sign up?

How many of you beyond the age of military service have bought a plane ticket to Iraq? There are plenty of civilians over there trying to make a living, they need your protection. Grab your soldier of fortune mag, a pair of boots and get going. Blowing smoke won't get it done.

Finally, when will Mr. Bush, Chaney, Rumsfield, and A$$croft sign up their sons and daughters to go die in their war? Bush's daughters could use a little discipline, I get pretty sick of the kick their butts attitude, bring it on, and give em hell from people who are not willing to do it themselves, from people who send their kids to college rather then to the army, from people who won't go themselves but are willing to send other peoples children off to die in a land where we are not wanted, to die in an ill conceived conflict, to die for a pack of lies.

Get moving folks, don't hesitate, what are you waiting for. Don't sit back and wait for someone else to do your deeds. Don't put off till tommorrow what you can do today. Don't wait for someone else to do your dirty work, don't expect someone else to do the dying unless you are willing to take the same risk, don't expect someone else's child to die for yours unless you are willing to send your own.

There's no excuse, what are you all waiting for?

How many of you folks are willing to do more then puff allot of hot air up everyones butts?

I'm serious. How many of those who are so supportive of this ill devised fiasco are willing to go and die in Iraq?

For those between the ages of 18 and 36 why are you here at home blowing smoke? Why haven't you signed up for the Army or Marines, with a special request to serve in Iraq?

For those of you who have sons and daughters about to graduate highschool, or just entering college why are you not signing them up to die in Iraq? Haven't you told them they need to go get em, because we want them to bring it on, and someone has to be there when they do? Why haven't you told them to quit college and sign up?

How many of you beyond the age of military service have bought a plane ticket to Iraq? There are plenty of civilians over there trying to make a living, they need your protection. Grab your soldier of fortune mag, a pair of boots and get going. Blowing smoke won't get it done.

Finally, when will Mr. Bush, Chaney, Rumsfield, and A$$croft sign up their sons and daughters to go die in their war? Bush's daughters could use a little discipline, I get pretty sick of the kick their butts attitude, bring it on, and give em hell from people who are not willing to do it themselves, from people who send their kids to college rather then to the army, from people who won't go themselves but are willing to send other peoples children off to die in a land where we are not wanted, to die in an ill conceived conflict, to die for a pack of lies.

Get moving folks, don't hesitate, what are you waiting for. Don't sit back and wait for someone else to do your deeds. Don't put off till tommorrow what you can do today. Don't wait for someone else to do your dirty work, don't expect someone else to do the dying unless you are willing to take the same risk, don't expect someone else's child to die for yours unless you are willing to send your own.

Basically it is because of people like you Bruce. You people sit over here and whine that we should not be there and pretty much tie our governments hands behinds it back. So our solders have to sit there in a police mode like sitting ducks, when we could actually go in there and kick some serious #%^*! and get it done with.

911 is enough for my vote on the USA being over there right now. It is people like Saddam that help fund the World Trade Center destruction and wish more harm upon the USA.

So tell me this Bruce. If Iraq never invaded Kuwait, if Bin Laden had never taken down TWC would we be there? No we would not. The USA is a great country. We help others (Kuwait) and take care of ourselves (Iraq and Afghanistan). Errrrr. :angry:

Because of people like me? :huh: I wish I did have the power to tie Bush's hands, if I did we would not be in the horrible mess we are in today. As for people like me, I've served my time in the Army. So did my father, and his father............ we all served.

Kuwait was 13 years ago. It is irrellevent today. Iraq as a country and Saddam Hussien had nothing to do with the attack on the Pentagon, and Twin Towers. Iraq was not and never was a theat to the United States. As a matter of fact Iraq was not at war with anyone, or attacking anyone when we went there this time.

Would you like a ride to the recruiting office KRAM?

Would you like a ride to the recruiting office KRAM?

Would you like to live in Iraq with Saddam as the leader?

Would you like to have been working at the WTC on 911?

Yes they did find Saddam had money ties with terrorist.

Nope I didn't want to live there when he was in power and I don't want to live there now. I never did, I am content living where I am.

Where is the documentation showing Saddam had ties to Bin Laden? Remember him?

I would be a very happy man if 1/10th the effort was made to capture Bin laden as Bush has put into screwing up Iraq.

Perhaps I could give you a ride to the International Airport in your area. We can take up a collection to finance your trip.

If my country needed me in that way Bruce I would do it without problem. I would put my life on the line any time to preserve your's and my children's freedom. I can however serve my country by supporting it. Our military is a fighting machine, not a police effort. People like you Bruce are making it a police effort by crying the blues over us being there in the first place. Hitler and his German army never stepped foot on our soil because we took action before it was to late. The Japanese mad a mistake by attacking our country and that was taken care of with a very extreme actions. Our country got attacked by terrorist and we need to keep it from happening again. The efforts in the Middle East is to keep it from happening again. Getting rid of the bad guys like Saddam is a good start.

I have to head to work, but I will find the info on Saddam and his ties with terrorist when I get home and present them to you. Have a good day Bruce and thank you, your father and his father for serving our country.

The execution of this poor man was horrendous, as are all executions IMHO. The nature of it compounds the barbarity of the actual deed. My heart goes out to his family as it does to all victims of this stupid conflict - many of which were probably worse than this poor guys fate.

Like some have said before me, this is not going to be a one-off event. I hope we are proven wrong :mrsgreen:

Just wondering if any of you have noticed the report that the man in the video is reported to have an accent not of an Iraq national but most likely of Egptian or Syrian,etc.

Bit of an unfair statement, don't you think Bruce

I know your angry right now but you can not say that the only way you can show your support for being in Iraq is going to Iraq and fighting. From a practical standpoint it would cripple this country. It also does not make a lot of sense. It Bush needed more troops over there I am real sure he would call upon them.

Are you at every protest in america? There are probably soem happening every day and If you dont like the situation you can go to each and every one... (That doesnt sound reasonable either)

Everybody is allowed to show there support in the way they feel is best. Thats what makes this country great. (IMHO)

I tried Bruce. I begged them, they turned me down. Ive had my right hip replaced and broke both hips so the left one is not as good as it could be, my right ankle is not up to par as well. That was Sept. 14, 2001.

I literally begged them while my three year old daughter stood by. I pleaded with that man to enlist me.

I would serve and die for my country in a heartbeat. without hesistation. its my duty. i would be honored.

so thats what im waiting for.

angela :angry:

Rob your question "Question: If we are going to use the big one in Iraq, we would bring our own troops home first, right? " Obviously I can't know the answer but Bush has made it quite clear that US troops will remain in Iraq. I don't think I can make it any more clear than he has.

Bush's position is that the Geneva rules do not apply to the situation in Iraq, Afghanistan, or anyone he decides is a terrorist. I don't know if his position applies exclusively to Muslims but it must apply extensively to Muslims since the policy is implemented in Muslim countries. This is not my position and I don't support the position but it is the administrations position. Please take up any disagreements with the position with the people who have formulated the position.

As for going in and blowing them the heck up. Isn't that the exact same rhetoric that brought us 9-11. Didn't Bin Laden get up and say 'The infidel, barbarians, desecrate our sacred lands, expose us to unholy ways, starve our women and children, kill us indiscriminately. We must strike back at them. We will kill many to teach the few a lesson' So the proposed US plan is to use a Bin Laden plan of action but substitute bombs for fuel filled airliners? Now how does this make us better than them?

Bruce I fully agree. All of these cheerleaders need to get off the bench and grab a rifle. As for staying behind and supporting the troops. I think if I were in the field someone watching my flank is much more supportive than somebody telling me I need to go kill more. To short to hold a rifle - fine there is plenty of need for corpsmen and medics. There is always a need for a typist to free up somebody that can use a rifle. Pack, go, don't even spend time replying. Good hunting to you.

My freedom was never at risk, or threatened by Iraq, or Saddam Hussien.

I am in no way shape or form making it a police action, that is a policy of the current administration. They made a mess of the whole thing, and haven't clue how to go about fixing it. Thats because they went in blind, ignored every warning of what would happen and where we would end up. It is very easy to defeat an army, it is impossible to defeat a people.

Saddam in no way shape or form is comparible to Hitler. He didn't attempt to control the world, he didn't have troops around the world, he didn't occupy numerous countries with his armies. He was contained and a threat to no one.

Yep we removed him, now they don't know what to do. They can't control the situation, Bush doesn't know how to use diplomacy and negotiations to gain the support of the people. He never did, he has repeatedly shown his lack of diplomatic skills. Gaining the support of the people of Iraq is what is necessary, we have lost that and will not win it back easily, if we can at all. That is what makes this a no win situation. When you loose the people you loose the war. It's sad but true.

It's people like me who said don't go, because we knew defeating the army and Saddam would be easy but winning anything more then that would be impossible. I said a year ago, the easy part was bombing and rolling in the tanks. I said the tough part would be the fighting in the streets. Much the same way Israel easily won it's wars, but has been trying to cope with terrorism and bombings in their streets for 40 years now. We won't win, we can't win because there is nothing to win. The problems will get bigger, more frequent, much worse, and will not stop. We did nothing but make matters worse by going, and we are making them uncontrollable by staying the current course.

We need some serious diplomacy, someone who understands the people and the region, the bang bang shoot em mentality has never worked in the Mid East. It never will. It is the very thing that provokes, and creates the very terrorism Bush thinks it will stop.

We are there now, the debate of whether we should have gone or not is a moot point. The debate for a year now has been what are we doing there now. It is obvious that the Bush team has no idea. They had no clue going in, and have no clue what to do now.

Bruce I fully agree. All of these cheerleaders need to get off the bench and grab a rifle.

i cannot believe you think you can force the military to give you a job huh? i cannot believe your gonna say that if your not enlisted there is nothing you can do to be supportive.

bullchit. total bullchit.

angela

I didn't say you can force the military to give you a job. Lets not get too far astray. I said sitting in your comfy home preaching to others that they aren't supportive of the military is not support. Go donate blood, volunteer for the red cross, volunteer at a VA hospital, that is support. Most of the support personnel in Iraq are civilian: truck drivers, oil field workers, security personnel, red cross. Go do that. Saying go kill more innocent people indiscriminately is not supporting the military. They already have Rumfield.

You don't have to ask or beg anyone Angela. Civilians go there every day. You can too. The man who was beheaded was not in the military he was a civilian just like you.

htfmrock, It isn't an unfair statement. I stand by it. There is a hell of allot more to support then then saying bring it on, go get em, kill em all. want someone to go get em, bring it on, the strap on the boots grab a rifle and go.

It would not cripple the country anymore then the millions and millions of men and women who fought and went as civilians to serve in previous wars did. As a matter of fact we have a larger population now then ever before thus we have more people to sacrifice. It's a matter of those who wish to see this continue making the sacrifice.

Bush won't ask for more troops because we don't have them, it's as simple as that. We are already using the very troops that are supposed to protect this land (National Guard) and reservists. This isn't a watch as I pull a army out of the hat deal. It is simply a lack of personel, and the equipment to keep them supplied. It takes men women and supplies to wage war, not just bombs tanks and missles, that is a fact that escaped Rumsfeild and he now admits it. The only way we could possibly send the number of troops needed would be to start the draft back up. Thats political Suicide, if Bush wins the election, I'll bet right now the draft is reinstated. Then and only then will he do it, because there will be no nothing political for him to loose at that point.

I'll personally start a Get it on, light em up, collection and will contribute the first donation to send all the folks here who want them to "bring it on".

It's just too awful to try and contemplate. How must that poor man's family and friends feel?

I'm not going to try and justify the actions of these people in this post. They are disgusting and need to be caught and brought to justice.

However, these people are not 'the people of Iraq'. In fact they're in all likelihood not Iraqi themselves. The leader of this group was connected with Bin Laden and operates out of Iran after leaving Afganistahn. Not exactly your typical Iraqi man in the street.

Escalating the military action in Iraq will do nothing to stop these people. It will only further alienate the general Iraqi population, add more fuel to the fire of Al Quaeda and the like and lead to more western deaths.

To those who want to retaliate, don't forget that these people did this in retaliation for the abuse of the prisoners. (Actually, probably not. They used the abuse of the prisoners as a political justification for this horrible act. They would have done it anyway, without the abuse pictures. They just would have said that something else justified it.) Anyway, the point is that if we retaliate, what will these people do next in retaliation to our retaliation? Are we big enough to stay our hand? Go after the terrorists, yes, but not at the expense of the Iraqi people.

It doesn't matter who started it or who is right or wrong. Once the cycle of violence starts, it is very difficult to stop and the outcome is that civilians on both sides will pay the ultimate price.

I didn't say you can force the military to give you a job. Lets not get too far astray. I said sitting in your comfy home preaching to others that they aren't supportive of the military is not support. Go donate blood, volunteer for the red cross, volunteer at a VA hospital, that is support. Most of the support personnel in Iraq are civilian: truck drivers, oil field workers, security personnel, red cross. Go do that. Saying go kill more innocent people indiscriminately is not supporting the military. They already have Rumfield.

Wait a minute... Who is preaching. This is a forum and we are giving our opinions. I am not preaching to anyone. Just as you are not preaching to anyone. Are you saying people are not entitled to an opinion. I think this has gotten carried away here a bit

The people these terrorists use to make examples of such as the four who were burned, and the one beheaded were civilians. People sent there to help the people of Iraq. Horrible deaths to folks who just wanted to help!

Now how will it be right to start dropping bombs on the entire country and slaughter no telling how many civilians in order to possibly kill a small band of terrorist cowards?

Bring the troops home and let them sort it out themselves over there before bombing the hell out of everything and killing even more people, some of which are just as innocent as the ones burned and beheaded.

This invasion was a screwup from the beginning and continues to be. So much for winning the war on terror. .. Its breeding more terrorists every single day and the beheading of this poor man is just another example of it.

Some people are quite rightly filled with anger over this event and do want to rush out and let fly with guns, bombs etc. The problem is that this was a war against Saddam, not Iraq. In general it is a war against Terrorism. Where is Terrorism? What are its borders? Where is its capital city? It is not a war in the traditional sense. You can't win this war with overwhelming military might, you can only do it by changing people's minds.

Right now, every terrorist that dies is a martyr and out of the shadows step 3 more. Everytime a civilian is killed by a coalition soldier, the mistrust or hatred against the occupation increases. Everytime a picture is shown of an arab prisoner on a dog lead, more weight is given to the 'truth' peddled by the extremists that America really is evil and needs to be punished.

How is killing more people going to do anything to change any of this? It can and will only make it worse.