Sign in to follow this  
moon

Terrorists Behead American On Video

Guest Deuces Wild

I am slowly beginning to agree with you Bruce but then I ask myself what type of world would that leave our children?

The simple solution is to leave the people alone to live their lives in whatever fashion they want. If they wish to kill, torture and rape each other that is their own business. We have enough rape and murder right here at home to occupy us for years.

actually your wrong, when we leave these countrys alone they complain that we are allowing their children to starve to death among other things. We are in a losing position, though I disagree that for every one we kill we create 3 more. There is not widespread insurgancy throughout Iraq, it is basically two to three cities with a small population taking part combined with a few groups throughout the country trying to cause havoc. The pictures in the other thread, combined with what I hear and see from my own friends in Iraq prove that we can win and we will. It will get uglier first because of two reasons...1-somalia and 2.This is their last gasp for success. Once there is an Iraqi government and Iraqis patrolling the streets things will soon calm down.

Well put and unfortunately correct Bruce. A huge screw up that can only be partially corrected by our immediate with drawl. A with drawl will slow down but not stop the terrorism. I don't see how the situation can be made good. The best we can hope for is the lesser of the evils. It is unfortunate that we have wasted so many lives and so much money to make the middle east worse instead of better but that should not be justification for holding onto an unwinnable position.

my own friends in Iraq prove that we can win and we will

One2Gamble, this is not a war where you win or lose. I would say with the number of casualties on either side as well as the public relations damage done to the United States this war has been a loss. I would consider it a win if the United States could restore some stability and get the hell out of there so they can save these innocent troops their lives.

I believe that America will retaliate and in a big way.

oh we had better. I am wondering what the hell we are waiting on to be honest. formal invitiation?

that said, i think we need to teach these people and their supporters who they are messing with. they need to learn the age old southern expression of you f :censored: k with the bull, you get the horns.

angela

I'm sorry I loose track is this the 3rd or 4th last gasp of resistance and clear evidence that we are on the verge of victory.

Yes the countries do complain that we don't do anything but complaints are words and killing people and creating terrorists is a much worse thing. But looking just at Iraq they were maimed and killed and tortured for years under their leadership but that did not create terrorists. We were better off following the Bush doctrine of "no nation building".

People in Israel are killed by homocide bombers almost on a daily basis. How come your not reading more about these innocent woman and children

The media does that enough. You would think the deathtoll in Israel were over 2000 with the kind of reporting going on. Its barely above 1000 (if there) yet the Palestinian deathtoll is already surpassed 3000. Surely there wasnt 3000 terrorists? Dave is correct, all it serves as is a footnote. You NEVER hear of such atrocities such as the tearing down of homes even with people inside (who protest to give up their house).

Ok but back on topic here, Bruce hit it as close to on the head as possible. We are just making things worse than it already is. We are like an enzyme in a chemical process over seas. All we do is speed up the process at which violence occurs. And create more of it.

One2Gamble, this is not a war where you win or lose. I would say with the number of casualties on either side as well as the public relations damage done to the United States this war has been a loss. I would consider it a win if the United States could restore some stability and get the hell out of there so they can save these innocent troops their lives.

This war isnt for the immediate its for the future, we can win this and we will. There is to much at risk if we dont.

You do not, and can not win this kind of war. I have said that numerous times in the past, and say it again now.

YOU DO NOT WIN THIS KIND OF WAR!

It is impossible. For every terrorist we kill, we create three more, every country we enter into in the Mid East we create more hatred and annamosity towards us.

The simple solution is to leave the people alone to live their lives in whatever fashion they want. If they wish to kill, torture and rape each other that is their own business. We have enough rape and murder right here at home to occupy us for years.

They do not want our way of life, they want their own, let them have it.

It simply isn't the American way to do what it would take to control such a region. It takes the likes of a Saddam Hussien to control a region like Iraq.

To all the people with the shoot em all kill em all attitude, I say why did we remove a dictator to behave like dictators? They already had one who was doing a superb job of controling the three warring factions in that country.

Behaving like a Saddam we may as well have left him in power. We are creating huge cemetaries full of Iraqi's much the same way Saddam did. We are creating a whole new slew of terrorists in the process.

They went in with Blinders on, once there they neglected to remove them. Now they are scratching their butts wondering how to get out and save face. The answr is you don't, there is no saving face in a fiasco like this, all the saving face does is gets more Americans killed every day.

Bush's political face isn't worth another single American life.

Wow, you've said everything I've been trying to say since the invasion of Iraq began. Well said. :tup:

The beheading is indeed very sad, and those responsible need to be eliminated from this Earth, but it doesn't surprise me at all. It's only the beginning, they responded to what we did to them, and we're going to respond back. They'll respond, we'll respond, and it will never end.

I'm sorry I loose track is this the 3rd or 4th last gasp of resistance and clear evidence that we are on the verge of victory.

Yes the countries do complain that we don't do anything but complaints are words and killing people and creating terrorists is a much worse thing. But looking just at Iraq they were maimed and killed and tortured for years under their leadership but that did not create terrorists. We were better off following the Bush doctrine of "no nation building".

I dont really disagree but the reason Iraq didnt create terrorists, which in reality it did but for argument we will say it didnt. Was because they represented to much of a threat to Saddam which had complete control of the country.

Its barely above 1000 (if there)

oh well hell, as long as its less than 1000 dead Israleis well geesh, how could we overreact to such a small number of dead people? shame on us for that. :rolleyes:

tell me something, if that was 1000 dead people from your country, how small would that number be to you?

how insulting. I expected more from you GB. :mrsgreen:

One2-- your right we WILL win, we have no other choice. You no longer screw with the United States of America and go unpunished.

angela

I dont really disagree but the reason Iraq didnt create terrorists, which in reality it did but for argument we will say it didnt. Was because they represented to much of a threat to Saddam which had complete control of the country.

:shifty: Aren't we the ones most of them learned their tactics from?

Yes but they were anti Saddam terrorists not anti-American terrorists.

Can anyone describe any possible way that we can "win" this. If we define winning as producing a democratically elected, secular government that does not harbor/condone/encourage/support ant-American terrorists. Bush can't explain how it will happen. The Generals can't explain it. I think that is because their is no plan, even a plan that cannot be implemented, to culminate in victory as defined.

oh well hell, as long as its less than 1000 dead Israleis well geesh, how could we overreact to such a small number of dead people? shame on us for that. :rolleyes:

tell me something, if that was 1000 dead people from your country, how small would that number be to you?

how insulting. I expected more from you GB. :mrsgreen:

One2-- your right we WILL win, we have no other choice. You no longer screw with the United States of America and go unpunished.

angela

Ok So I guess its so insulting to say the death toll of israelis is barely over 1000 (which is true, im so sorry for not lying) but its perfectly ok to read that the deathtoll of Palestinians is over 3000.

Now Angela tell me something, would you like a Lincoln city owned bulldozer to tear your house down because a Lincoln born person wants your land?

Now THAT is insulting to all of humanity.

I guess the 106 or so countries voting against last weeks plan must be insulting us everyday :mrsgreen:

1_24_051104_michael_berg.jpg

this is all we should need to see people. a grown man collapsed on his front grass overcome with grief over his dead CIVILIAN son who went to Iraq to make it better for the Iraqi people.

they cut off his freakin head people and put the damn video on the internet.

someones gonna pay. they damn sure better.

angela :angry:

Now Angela tell me something, would you like a Lincoln city owned bulldozer to tear your house down because a Lincoln born person wants your land?

I dont know, am I a terrorist? Do I support and harbor terrorists and encourage the youth of my home to strap explosives to themselves and go blow up the good people of Omaha?

3000 dead Palestinans is a travesty, shameful, and it is without heisitation that I say that.

see there, what I wont do is diminish that GB, like you did the Israleis. You sounded, SOUNDED like 1000 was a small number, not the horrific atrosity it is.

angela

War has always been about killing. No shocker there. What is shocking is that we humans are unable to stop it. We always act mortified by it. It's not new. There is nothing heroic about it. It's just killing.

:

I am sure she would like that as much as she would like going on the Lincoln city bus with her daughter and get blown up.

I dont know, am I a terrorist? Do I support and harbor terrorists and encourage the youth of my home to strap explosives to themselves and go blow up the good people of Omaha?

3000 dead Palestinans is a travesty, shameful, and it is without heisitation that I say that.

see there, what I wont do is diminish that GB, like you did the Israleis. You sounded, SOUNDED like 1000 was a small number, not the horrific atrosity it is.

angela

see there, what I wont do is diminish that GB, like you did the Israleis.  You sounded, SOUNDED like 1000 was a small number, not the horrific atrosity it is.

I'm sorry and I don't mean to be rude, but where the hell did I say that? Because I said barely over 1000? Well if the actual toll 1068, is that not barely over a 1000?

Please. I do my best to stay away from conflict. But your antagonizing it by telling ME how I sound.

Not to mention that you cannot hear my sound over a computer. There is no tone to determine. And if there were, it would be the same tone as a student reading a report. No bias, just the facts.

If we had kept our troops at home where they belonged there would be no weeping parents. There would be fewer terrorists. We wouldn't be procecuting our own people for tortturing Iraqi's. There wouldn't be iprisings in the streets. There wouldn't be hearings after hearings trying to figure out what went wrong. There wouldn't be hearings after hearings to figure out how to fix the mess we are in. There wouldn't be 1000 dead American soldiers. There wouldn't be a problem at all. Simply put, there was no reason to go to Iraq. Every Arab nation in the region predicted the exact mess we are in now.

Our acomplishments to date are 1000 dead Americans, 12000 dead Iraqi's. Alienated the majority of our allies, and all of the worlds other super powers. Alienated the majority of the muslim world. Created a level of instabilty in the region not seen in decades. Terrorism around the world has increased. Many of the countries we bribed and blackmailed into going in with us are pulling out. We have lost total control of situation,that is of course what very little we did have.

Goals? No one knows, no one has a definate feasable plan. The naivity, ignorance, and general disregard for every warning of what would happen is what has created the mess.

Simply put, there would be no weeping mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters if we had kept our young men and women at home where the belong.

:

I am sure she would like that as much as she would like going on the Lincoln city bus with her daughter and get blown up.
Whatever, I'm talking about civilians. Like I said, I highly doubt 3000 terrorists were killed. According to that statement, it would seem every Palestinian is a terrorist (3000 for 3000 is good odds I guess)

Either way, the amount of sentiment shown here towards this subject is blatently in front of me. War sux, war is hell, people die. Yeah the guy had his head beheaded. I have no clue how his family is doing, but I feel for them. Yeah, innocent Israelies die from some moron strapped to a bomb. I feel sorry for them. All they wanted to do today was to shop or go get somethin to eat with friends but had their lives horribly interrupted by such violence. Yeah, I doubt 3000 terrorists were killed so I'm expressing my feelings for most Palestinians. They are a group in the minority with 2 super powers controlling them. They lose their houses and their farms and their lives.

While I'm on a roll, lets start with my feelings for those who are living in war torn countries in Africa. How its like to not be able to go out into the street in daylight for fear of being shot at or attacked. I feel sorry for them. Those in russia who starve, those in our own country who work their hardest and get no where, only to be thrown to the curb because someone with more money, a better fitting look or with more social status gets the glory.

I feel sorry for the Mexicans and various other Latinos that come to this country and work for extremely low wages and try to make it in life.

And you know what I'm sorry for most? I'm sorry for getting into this thread. I'm sorry I even entered GD today. Hell for all I know, I'm sorry that I joined.

Whatever, I've had my say.

Later

Dudes and Dudettes,

I have noticed a couple of things. Firstly, for the most part we are a pretty good 'hugs and kisses' group of people. We are a strong community and the outpouring of sympathies for our friends going through hard times shows that well.

Secondly, we are are all justifiably furious about the beheading of that person.

Lets just be careful that our anger is directed at those who deserve it. That is, the individuals who actually weilded the knife. We all have different opinions about why this war started, how we are going to win/lose and who is responsible but when it comes down to it, an individual CHOSE to commit that act of barbarity. That person(s) is where our anger should lie.

Personally, I think Bush is a loon - but he did not force this act of inhumanity. A person with a brain and heart decided, independently, to sever this man's head. Lets direct our fury at this person.

Our challenge, I reckon, is to see through our anger and try to think clearly about the complexity of our predicament and think about where we want to go with the Iraq Project. The more we let our anger govern our responses the more mistakes we'll make and the more the insurgents will have won.