Sign in to follow this  
moon

Terrorists Behead American On Video

I just think the entire mess is horrible. I won't claim to know the politics or anything of that sort. I trust that our government and those around the world know what they're doing and getting into.

We read about wars in history at school, and you have to wonder how those people felt when they read in the papers about people dying, or new inventions that kill people faster...I wonder if it's the same in the present...the horror americans look at the middle east with.

Personally, I can't wait for it to be over...I hate it when I go through papers at work and on the front page of nearly all of them I see something about bad treatment of prisonors, more dead soldiers...saddening.

If the powers that be have anything to do with it, it won't be over anytime soon... :angry: -kd5-

Guest Deuces Wild

DW, calm down.

Sorry Dave. I should have just walked away.

Sorry for losing it folks.

It is a disgusting act. The perpetrators need to be punished.

I said when the news of the prison abuse broke that I feared that this very thing would begin soon. I hate to say it but prepare for more such haenous acts in retribution for humiliating their men and women. These are very brutal people made the way they are from centuries of viscous war. The most important thing is that we never ever stoop to their level, the one thing we must always do is try and stand above it. We need not give terrorists any more fuel for their fire.

It will take longer then the years I have left to live to before such things may stop. They will increase in the days months and years to come. I hate the fact that Americans are dying everyday. The sad part is you can not fight this kind of thing, we are making it worse not better.

I wish to hear and see it no more, unfortunately we all better get used to it, because this is the type thing we will see from now on.

Many warned things would get worse in Iraq, myself included. I am not shocked any longer by what terrorists do. What I am shocked about is the ignorance that has brought us to this sad point in history.

God Bless and protect our men and women in Iraq, the only way to keep them safe is to keep them from getting captured.

Edited by Bruce

Bruce, I agree with every word. The US needs to hold true to its ideals and not get pulled into the kind of brutal warfare that marks most conflict in that region. I hope we can set an example by our handling of the people who are responsible for the prison abuses. It would be very good if Rumsfeld would resign, even if it's only a symbolic act it's a sign of how seriously we take things.

Guest Deuces Wild

Because they have already done it...2 years ago they beheaded an American. And they had no problem killing 3,000 people on 9-11. No provocation. These people (if that word can be used to define them) have absolutely no regard for human life.

Well like I said before in a previous post.... kill and be killed, it's a war... bad things happen... get used to it. He went there knowing the risks... if not then...he knows now.

I don't think it's safe for westerners to be anywhere in the Middle East at this time so if they are there and get killed then it's not like they didn't know that it was a possibility.

Funny what we are talking about in history class...how the US became involved with Iraq and Al Qaeda in the first place. I'll sum it up for those who don't know:

- During the cold war, the USSR decided to invade Afghanistan

- The USA wasn't happy with this move, didn't want communism to spread

- USA doesn't want to anger USSR and provoke a nuclear war

- USA allies itself with Al Qaeda and supplies them with weapons to deter USSR

- USA also trained Al Qaeda to give them an advantage against USSR

- Now we find the USA on the other end of the crap stick, and Al Qaeda has training and weapons that they stockpiled through their battles with the USSR. This is just a quick overview of how everything shook down.

No provocation.  These people (if that word can be used to define them) have absolutely no regard for human life.

Maybe they do, maybe they don't (have no regard for human life). As people have been saying on these fourms for months, that is no reason to stoop to their level of behavior. Either we believe in the rule of law which our country is supposed to stand for, or we are just the biggest brutal thugs on the block.

These people don't hate us because the "liberal press" (whatever thats supposed to be), have been painting us in a bad light. They hate us because our government on behalf of our businesses have been meddling in their own countrys affairs for decades. We have installed dictator after dictactor in country after country all in the name of Truth, Justice, and the American way, and now we are reaping the fruits of what our government has sown. That's the provocation in their eyes.

Edited by Ronbo

Guest Deuces Wild

Well like I said before in a previous post.... kill and be killed, it's a war... bad things happen... get used to it. He went there knowing the risks... if not then...he knows now.

So it was OK that he was beheaded. Do you have even the smallest amount of compassion in you?

Maybe they do, maybe they don't.

There is no doubt that they don't (have regard for human life). 9-11, the dragging of murdered American troops and hanging them from bridges, and now this beheading shows that to be a fact. :mrsgreen:

Edited by Deuces Wild

Try this...maybe you may get the picture.

I'm sorry that anyone had to die in the first place.

Mr. American death was very horrible and i'm very angry that humans can actually be so cruel.

But.

I also think that people realise that it is a war and as such people die... I've accepted that so it doesn't bother me much when Iraqis or westerners are killed (torture is another matter). The guy must have known the risk of being there and still choose to go.

I want to thank those who spoke up indicating I was not supportive of beheading of Americans. I don't understand how that could be confusing because my post explicitly states I think that the executions are barbaric. My point is and was simply that we have given fuel to the fire of the radical Muslims' and their blood thirst. I personally do not understand how one can live with the smell of death, the odor of blood on your hands from such an up close, cold blooded murder but then I guess you get used to what you get used to.

For the record I do not support the killing of Americans and I do not support their killing by beheading.

Having said that I don't see a lot of difference in the blood lust and the revenge seeking voiced by some people. Is it not clear that from the Iraqi perspective they want revenge and they have blood lust. Don't the Iraqis sit around and say "the americans, they are barbarians, they eat unclean animals, they exhibited nude bodies, they torture prisoners" The Iraqis see us as the barbarians. Somebody needs to say stop. We cannot control the Iraqis. Hopefully we can control ourselves and say stop. One thing must be clear. That saying yes, kill more, give us revenge, give us 10 dead for every 1 of ours will not ever end this war and hatred till one or the other of us is annihilated.

We have done little right in this war and we were led there through dishonesty. Yes I am angry too. There is no good that comes from fanatics no matter where they are or what they support.

These people should be caught and dealt with...but with the response of many people that don't understand that we killed 10,000 babies, children, women, old people, mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, best friends and neighbors and have no idea how many we have maimed and left blind and limbless from our ships and bombers..and Bush comes on TV and says it doesn't matter that there were no WMD and he would do it again....expect much more of this. I'm sure we would do the same thing if a superpower invaded America and we also be justified in our anger.

These people should be caught and dealt with...but with the response of many people that don't understand that we killed 10,000 babies, children, women, old people, mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, best friends and neighbors and have no idea how many we have maimed and left blind and limbless  from our ships and bombers..and Bush comes on TV and says it doesn't matter that there were no WMD and he would do it again....expect much more of this. I'm sure we would do the same thing if a superpower invaded America and we also be justified in our anger.

I mentioned the bombings from afar in another thread and people acted like they didn't see it. I guess most of you guys have selective vision. :rolleyes: There is no good side or evil side... no one is innocent in this war.

WE ALL KILL BABIES

Edited by neo x1

I have been depressed all day about this entire event. Yes, it is horrible, but my depression runs deeper than that. It also represents a new escalation of violence. I believe that America will retaliate and in a big way. Also, the sad fact is that there is NOTHING that the Iraqis can do to stop our retaliation. NOTHING.

I had one thought. What if Sadr said the following?

We, the Iraqi people, deplore the beheading of the American and we will do everything in our power to bring the perpetrators to justice. This action is un Iraqi, and we don't want the actions of a small minority of Iraqis, to represent those of all Iraqis.

Do you think that this would stop us from retaliating?

Of course it wouldn't stop the retailation, not in today's world of "what one person does represents you ALL". Too many stereotypical views and all-around prejudice for people to opt for something as outrageous as diplomacy. Are you kidding me? :huh:

Leaving aside that Sadr would not condemn the act and if he did it would be like Yessir Aerofat saying he will not support terrorism (which he says to the US at every chance).

No I think that too many people think we can win this war and they want these people and other brought to justice. So no nothing can be done to prevent the short term revenge attacks on both sides.

You do not, and can not win this kind of war. I have said that numerous times in the past, and say it again now.

YOU DO NOT WIN THIS KIND OF WAR!

It is impossible. For every terrorist we kill, we create three more, every country we enter into in the Mid East we create more hatred and annamosity towards us.

The simple solution is to leave the people alone to live their lives in whatever fashion they want. If they wish to kill, torture and rape each other that is their own business. We have enough rape and murder right here at home to occupy us for years.

They do not want our way of life, they want their own, let them have it.

It simply isn't the American way to do what it would take to control such a region. It takes the likes of a Saddam Hussien to control a region like Iraq.

To all the people with the shoot em all kill em all attitude, I say why did we remove a dictator to behave like dictators? They already had one who was doing a superb job of controling the three warring factions in that country.

Behaving like a Saddam we may as well have left him in power. We are creating huge cemetaries full of Iraqi's much the same way Saddam did. We are creating a whole new slew of terrorists in the process.

They went in with Blinders on, once there they neglected to remove them. Now they are scratching their butts wondering how to get out and save face. The answr is you don't, there is no saving face in a fiasco like this, all the saving face does is gets more Americans killed every day.

Bush's political face isn't worth another single American life.

Dave,

I find it a little disconcerning that in the middle of a thread about a beheading from terrorists who took video of it for propaganda use , you chose to throw an Israeli comment

You said...

"That makes me sick. We should find the specific people who did this and bring them to justice. I am hopeful that we won't take the Israeli approach and escalate the violence against unrelated people in reaction to this."

Tell me when the Israeli approach has been against UNRELATED people. Sounds to me like they are attacking the leaders of the EXACT people who are terrorizing their country. I am not saying that this is always the case but I believe this was not the thread to bring this up. I can not even remotely see a comparison

you also said

"It seems that the whole Middle East has a very different level of tolerance for brutal violence. Still, there's a double standard. For example, this article talks about how Israeli soldiers on a raid into civilian Palestinian areas were killed. But MORE Palestinians were killed and it was almost a footnote to the story. Hell, the reason the soldiers were killed is their own explosives detonated, explosives they were planning to use on civilians."

People in Israel are killed by homocide bombers almost on a daily basis. How come your not reading more about these innocent woman and children.

I am not going to respond further because this is not the thread for it but I found it strange that 2 of Dave's comments were the only ones to put Israelis in this thread. There have also been too many other threads about this and I have commented enough, so I do not need to further debate this.

Sorry to take the thread off-track