Sign in to follow this  
moon

Terrorists Behead American On Video

You are right merlin, you cannot wage war on something that is an emotion. No amount of bombs can make a person feel less angry or vengeful.

If the USA would just be fair with their world policies, I bet they'd gain support of most every country. Its time to stop being a big bully and be a big brother. Yeah I'm sure some of you will flame me for that statement, but I don't care. Its true. There are a very few number of those who are literally "terrorists" in the sense that they have almost no human emotion and will kill at will. They use the excuse that the USA is being unfair. While true, it doesn't excuse them from their actions. BUT, and a big BUT, if the USA took a balanced approach to middle eastern peace, the few terrorists that will be left will eventually be looked at as the maniacal fools that they are. They no longer will receive support or given an excuse for their actions by other middle eastern countries. Contrary to popular belief, some of the leaders in the middle east are very intelligent, and are fair. Do they have a theoretical democracy? No, but does it matter? The countries function (with the exception of Iraq) fairly well on their own. Some of these people that we label "terrorists" are usually normal people who are angered by our actions and are often misguided, lead into terrorist groups. People like Osama Bin Laden and Al-Sadr can see this and will exploit their anger and try to form their own small army. They use relgion and current politics to sway the people. Pure manipulation.

If USA changes their policy towards the Middle East, peace can be attained. Until then, every minute a new "terrorist" will be ready to go out and kill more of our men and women

People like Osama Bin Laden and Al-Sadr can see this and will exploit their anger and try to form their own small army. They use relgion and current politics to sway the people. Pure manipulation.

Sounds like what old Dubya and Rummy are doing here.

Exactly, thats why I have no respect for them as political leaders, and for the most part, as Americans.

As I said before, I haven't seen the video (nor do I want to) but I have heard it. I went to a link that I found at the Sean Hannity site re the Daniel Pearl video. It provides this brief bit about the Nicholas Berg video. I don't know what point they are trying to make with this, but in case you're interested in reading this short:

http://aztlan.net/fake_video.htm

People like Osama Bin Laden and Al-Sadr can see this and will exploit their anger and try to form their own small army. They use relgion and current politics to sway the people. Pure manipulation.

Sounds like what old Dubya and Rummy are doing here.

I think 9/11 had more to do with everything than any manipulation by our president

9/11 fuelled the hatred of Americans and when Osama could not be found in Afghanistan they changed their minds and decided to put a hit on Saddam but obviously got more then they expected.

9/11 fuelled the hatred of Americans and when Osama could not be found in Afghanistan they changed their minds and decided to put a hit on Saddam but obviously got more then they expected.

no, actually we got less then expected. The first months of the war made much of the public think that we were going to get through this war with no deaths. A lot of people including my self werent this delusional, also if you think America changed its sights your again wrong, I refuse to deny the thousands of troops and cia agents searching for Osama as we speak.

Yeah 9/11 had to do with manipulation. That was the key behind all manipulation. Go into Iraq? WMDs. Sorry none, so what are we trying to do? Prevent "terrorism" so we don't have another 9/11. 9/11 was nasty, horrible, tragic and disgusting, but it only happened once. There have been no other attacks of that magnitude since, and even before so. The original attack in 93 came close, but fell short of how bad 9/11 was. 9/11 was eerily like Pearl Harbor. Problem is, Pearl Harbor was a direct attack from the nation of Japan, so it was easy to go after them justifiably. 9/11 was committed by a small group of extremists who slipped through the cracks and weren't exactly watched very well by the government (they dropped the ball, I don't care what anyone says). Now, it seems in the political world, 9/11 is an event that is used as a tool for politicians to give the go ahead with various economical plans dealing with Iraq or beefing up security in airports (yet forgetting about the every day American city, filled with crime, gangs or whatever) Hell, we've already seen Bush use 9/11 in his campaign. Whats done is done, he used it. I don't know what happened to it, whether it was withdrawn because he didn't want it anymore, or people protested it, or whatever.

9/11...... a horrible tragedy..... a political tool. Take your pick, I think its both.

houmamiss, that's one of the things I've read that led to my statement that poor Nick may have been used. Yes, he was killed, but I think that vid (again, I haven't watched it so this is only conjecture) was staged to deflect public opinion away from the Iraq prison abuse. There are other points out there that can be used to make this whole thing look like a setup, but I don't want to get into the conspiracy theories right now.

All I would like to say is this: the American government has no problem with selling out a few dead Americans for its own goals. Who knows, maybe the Bushcroft Corp. knew in advance about what would happen on 9/11, and decided to let it go so they could advance their megalomaniac agenda. I hate to think that such a thing could be true, but just do a quick Google on the Tuskegee syphilis experiment and see how our country sold people out. Also, check out how many people have died from cancer in the desert lands where we tested our nukes back in the day. The government doesn't care about you or me, they care about themselves and their cronies.

Edited by GreenTillDeath

Got a question for all of you commenting on this topic, Sorry if this question was asked already; I didn't bother to read through the 24/25 pages. But how many people here have actually seen the video of the decapitation or screen caps? I didn't think I had the stomach to watch the video but I happened upon some screenshots of the violent parts. It is still disturbing but a couple odd things are noticed right away, similarly to what the link houmamiss states. I won't go into detail here, but if you choose to read about go this this link originally from houmamiss. Link

*** Don't go hunting for the vid caps or video if you have a weak stomach, it probally isn't as bad as you'd expect but it is still disturbing.

Edited by Salo35

no, actually we got less then expected. The first months of the war made much of the public think that we were going to get through this war with no deaths. A lot of people including my self werent this delusional, also if you think America changed its sights your again wrong, I refuse to deny the thousands of troops and cia agents searching for Osama as we speak.

I am not saying they changed their sights, rather I am saying that they changed the publics sights so now Osama is a non-issue and no one is talking about Osama. They have shifted all of the publics attention to Iraq and until they find Osama it will remain that way so they do not feel the heat over the lack of results in Afghanistan

News is news, and the headline 'Osama not found today' is not going to sell any newspapers. It's easy to read conspiracy and manipulation when there is none.

I haven't seen the video and I don't want to see the video. I have enough trouble sleeping at night as it is, thank you very much.

I don'y buy into the conspiracy theory. I don't think that there is less focus on the torture photos than there was before. The only thing I can see at the moment is that an American man has been brutally killed by terrorists and that Iraqi prisoners have been brutally treated by Americans.

It is ironic that the war in Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, and yet now we are having to fight against Al Qaeda and associated groups in Iraq and every day we are there, it seems, we are helping them recruit new members.

I've said it and others have too. The only way to secure long term protection for America and its allies from Muslim extremist terrorist groups is to sort out Israel/Palestine.

You see a guy beating a kid around the head with a bat. Do you...

1) Insist he to stops.

2) Stand by and watch him murder the kid as you do not have some detailed argument to use against his brutality or an alternative course of action to reccommend he take.

Think I'll go for #1 regardless of what certain posters think. ;)

9/11 was wrong, horrific, despicable etc..........but why did they do it? What was the justification in their minds? Did they have any right to be #%^*! at the west? (not #%^*! enough to justify 9/11) If some of the posters in this thread had been through what some of the Muslim folk in Iraq had been through due to the West's actions over the last 12 years, 9/11 would pale into insignificance compared to the type of revenge they would be screaming for.

Provided things don't get into personal attacks. I've been on many bulletin boards discussing some very specific (and in some cases highly academic) stuff. And I get weary of the baiting and sniping that goes on in them (when it gets to "I think you'll find in  my las  tpost I said "TtingS" plural not "thing" singular, you know the type of thing?)

Happily this place doesn't often seem to get that too often (or I have too much sleep in my eyes to notice)

I can promise you that I , for one will not attack you for any honest suggestion (whether I agree or not). I have asked for alternate ways to get the job done and would love you to share your knowledge with me.
I don't feel attacked by you at all - I'm really speaking of others (holier-than-thou attitude slipping through perhaps). I've seen some really heated stuff here, luckily it all tends to get resolved - sometimes comments make my blood boil, but I hope my posts always reflect an attack on idea/concepts, rather than on "personalities".

You see a guy beating a kid around the head with a bat. Do you...

1)  Insist he to stops.

2) Stand by and watch him murder the kid as you do not have some detailed argument to use against his brutality or an alternative course of action to reccommend he take.

Think I'll go for #1 regardless of what certain posters think.   ;)

9/11 was wrong, horrific, despicable etc..........but why did they do it? What was the justification in their minds? Did they have any right to be #%^*! at the west? (not #%^*! enough to justify 9/11)  If some of the posters in this thread had been through what some of the Muslim folk in Iraq had been through due to the West's actions over the last 12 years, 9/11 would pale into insignificance compared to the type of revenge they would be screaming for.

Actually SirT, I would go with a third option. I would pretend it never happened and if I was confronted about the situation, I would say that; "hey, it was only one person beating that boy, its not like my whole neighborhood was involved, and besides the liberals are just whipping this incident out of proportion for political purposes." Edited by Ronbo

All I see Angela are double standards - you seem to be complaining about the other side (an artificial distinction - we all bleed the same colour blood) and it's barbaric acts yet you are demanding the means to commit acts of vengeance.

The father of Mr. Berg has stressed the need for other ways forward yet you ignore his wishes in your bloodlust.

I find attitudes like yours to be the most damaging - there will be no peace whilst such attitudes prevail amongst those in power.

no paul, what you see are my opinions and like them or not they are mine. just opinions, im not running a damn thing here from Lincoln, Nebraska, no General's called today to ask my advice and get orders. So you can find my attitude most damaging as I am free to find your hug a tree, lets hug them into submission attitude the biggest slap in the face I can imagine.

angela

As I understand it Angela you demanded (begged?) to be allowed to go to Iraq - that is an action resulting from an angry reaction to the atrocities perpetuated upon your fellow countrymen.

That is NOT an opinion - it is an action. Had the person in authority allowed you to go I have no doubt you would have gone - and added to the misery and suffering.

And it isn't just your opion that scares me or that I find most damaging. It's that fact that your views are shared by people in a position to effect the lives of many innocent people.

Thi sis not apersonal attack on you Angela, but it is most assuredly an attack on your beliefs.

You might be surprised to find that I am not a tree-hugger, nor do I beleive in tree-hugging, nor do I want to hug anyone into submission.

You seem to have an extreme view about any opinion that ddiffers form your own. There is a whole spectrum of opinion, it isn't simply black OR white , nuke 'em OR hug 'em. My opinino is different to yours - it is not a hippy based let's all hug a tree and I'd appreciate it if you stopped to think a little harder before you post assumption-laden opinions about my views.

News is news, and the headline 'Osama not found today' is not going to sell any newspapers. It's easy to read conspiracy and manipulation when there is none.

I can imagine the new conspiracy with this new footage! That the Americans where behind it to get everyone off the Iraqi footage!? And were not below doing that..that's the sad part

Perhaps Bins capture is being saved for a good news story just before the vote .....My bet is it will be dead rather than alive , as the CIA may find him a bit of an embarrasment...

The head chopper will become the next Bogey guy , as hollywood (oops sorry US public opinion) needs a hate figure ,as issues don't film as well ...!

I can imagine the new conspiracy with this new footage! That the Americans where behind it to get everyone off the Iraqi footage!? And were not below doing that..that's the sad part

I don't think our government would ever hand over an American civilian to terrorist to chop his/her head off. That punch is way below the belt merlin. :mrsgreen:

Well if I were the conspiracy theory type I would expect that there will be a badly mangled corpse, believed to be Bin Laden's, that will show up a few days before the elections. Unfortunately DNA testing will not prove that it is just some poor :filtered: that got blown up until the week after the elections.

But the good news is Rumfield announced that about "3 handfuls of nations" which I would think is at least 20 are about to agree to possibly send some troops maybe to the Iraqi war to help relieve our over stretched & over burdened troops. I guess the down side is we will need more money appropriated to pay for them.

Kram I wasnt talking about handing them over!! I was talking about just doing it themselves!! Done in the US. No I don't believe it just spark's thought! Although I do belive are country is up to a task like that!

Countrydave55

But the good news is Rumfield announced that about "3 handfuls of nations" which I would think is at least 20 are about to agree to possibly send some troops maybe to the Iraqi war to help relieve our over stretched & over burdened troops. I guess the down side is we will need more money appropriated to pay for them.

He also announced that further photos of US abuse victims would not be released as it would be against their human rights under the Geneva convention .......... !

Said it with a stright face too ....!

Edited by Tankus

Guest Deuces Wild

Kram I wasnt talking about handing them over!! I was talking about just doing it themselves!! Done in the US. No I don't believe it just spark's thought! Although I do belive are country is up to a task like that!

:mrsgreen:

further photos of US abuse victims would not be released

Said it with a stright face too ....!

Makes Ya laugh a little :mrsgreen: Least he is honest in saying yep were still going to do it!