Sign in to follow this  
moon

Terrorists Behead American On Video

I don't hate my country, but I hate my current government.

Americans, we can take out a terrorist without any war. We can vote Bush out of office.

:tdn:
:tdn:
:tup:

Nice game :mrgreen:

BTW Not to stray from the beheading of this bloke but I was reading that the acts carried out against the Iraqis by US troops are far worst than the published photos.... maybe those people felt like a few selected members here and want to kill every American, be it man, woman, child, civilian etc., ..... scary though :erm:

I am referring both to the UN Human Rights AND to the "rights" conferred on them by Christianity. you know, the "love thy enemy" or whtever it is that the US national religion seems to be espousing?

Visit the sins of the father on the children?

The US guarentees religious freedom paul, there is no US national religion. and I dont buy into that forgive and forget crap despite the fact that my religion wishes i would and could. i pray everynignt for my president, my leaders, my country, and as hard as i can that people i love with all my heart and soul will come home safe, and that they make it just one more day alive while they fight so i can fall asleep worry free, so my child never ever ever sees images of commerical jetliners crashing into buildings and fields ever ever ever again. do you paul? or do you pray that the children of terrorists are safe? i admit that i dont, and i wont.

visit the sins of the father on the children? whatever it takes. whatever it takes. when i shut my eyes i still see people jumping from the WTC, and the pages I read in Lisa Beamers book. the terrorists set the bar paul, not america, and we shall see it and raise it if need be. nothing should be off limits. whatever it takes.

angela

All I see Angela are double standards - you seem to be complaining about the other side (an artificial distinction - we all bleed the same colour blood) and it's barbaric acts yet you are demanding the means to commit acts of vengeance.

The father of Mr. Berg has stressed the need for other ways forward yet you ignore his wishes in your bloodlust.

I find attitudes like yours to be the most damaging - there will be no peace whilst such attitudes prevail amongst those in power.

I don't think it's as simple as voting Bush out of office. There have been Democrat and Republican Presidents in the White House over the past 40 years. Do you really think that American policy over the Israel/Palestine issue is going to significantly change if Kerry beats Bush?

No, I realize that the conflicts over there predate Bush, Clinton, and Daddy Bush. There will be no quick fix to heal millenia of hatred.

But I do see that Bush's policy is megalomania. The silly tool really believes that he can rule the world.

Bush must be trimmed!

OK....

You have circled the wagons around Angela. She has said her piece

Now let me ask.... WHat do we do differently then what we are doing now. And please get into details. Not just.... "Lets pull everyone out" or Lets nuke a country".

Tell me how your solution stops terrorism.

I am not taking sides but I see what side Angela is on. THat is very clear.... What side is everyone circling her on?

That's a great question but it assumes everyone has a side / solution.

Personally I am simply affronted by what I see as Angelas bloodlust for revenge. It scares me that people seriously wish to get revenge in spite of the fact that hte father of the dead man himself doesn't want it.

It terrifies me that someone with such passion seems (and I apologise if I am wrong Angela but I DID write "seems") unable to rein in those emotions and tries to think of a constructive solution.

I don't know much about Ghandi - I do know he managed to bring down the British Raj using non-violent means.

I don't know much about the Good Friday Agreement - I DO know that , flawed though it is, there has been significantly LESS terrorism in Northern Ireland after it was signed.

Maybe, just maybe there are some lessons in these 2 examples...but they will be wasted if people are not prepared to move beyond their emotional responses...

A post along my line of thinking... the part about Gandhi and the Good Friday Argreement :tup:

Just maybe, maybe, there may have been a message in there somewhere. :erm:

I have no problem with the fact that someone doesnt have a side / Solution. I certainly dont

My issue is when people bash each and every situation that happens. It is possible (but fairly unlikely) that this IS the best solution. If I am going to bash something it would be with some thought finding out if there is a better way.

It is extremely easy to sit at our respective houses and say .. That is bad... They should not have done that.... This was totally wrong..... I cant believe they let that happen.... They dont know what they are doing....

It is much harder to say they should not do it the way the are doing it... it should be done like this....

Just knocking a situation for the sake of knocking it is not a constructive way to spend ones time. (IMHO)

I have no problem with the fact that someone doesnt have a side / Solution. I certainly dont

My issue is when people bash each and every situation that happens. It is possible (but fairly unlikely) that this IS the best solution. If I am going to bash something it would be with some thought finding out if there is a better way.

It is extremely easy to sit at our respective houses and say .. That is bad... They should not have done that.... This was totally wrong..... I cant believe they let that happen.... They dont know what they are doing....

It is much harder to say they should not do it the way the are doing it... it should be done like this....

Just knocking a situation for the sake of knocking it is not a constructive way to spend ones time. (IMHO)

I agree about the first part . But I disagree that it's much harder to come up with solutions. Some people have offered their solutions all too quickly. I think it's all too easy to come up with a solution such as "nuke 'em all" or some such. It horrifies me that some people will say these things and since this is a discussion forum I'd rather challenge those statements than let them go by.

Provided things don't get into personal attacks. I've been on many bulletin boards discussing some very specific (and in some cases highly academic) stuff. And I get weary of the baiting and sniping that goes on in them (when it gets to "I think you'll find in my las tpost I said "TtingS" plural not "thing" singular, you know the type of thing?)

Happily this place doesn't often seem to get that too often (or I have too much sleep in my eyes to notice)

Provided things don't get into personal attacks. I've been on many bulletin boards discussing some very specific (and in some cases highly academic) stuff. And I get weary of the baiting and sniping that goes on in them (when it gets to "I think you'll find in my las tpost I said "TtingS" plural not "thing" singular, you know the type of thing?)

Happily this place doesn't often seem to get that too often (or I have too much sleep in my eyes to notice)

I can promise you that I , for one will not attack you for any honest suggestion (whether I agree or not). I have asked for alternate ways to get the job done and would love you to share your knowledge with me.

Surely no one is suggesting that we should have concentrated on Al quieda when we could go in and blow up a country and chase down Saddam. No we have to have priorities. Bin Laden and al-Zarqawi are just terrorist. We know that the administration doesn't have time to swat flies when they can be bringing freedom, and democracy to the middle east whether they want it or not.

You'd figure with all the money we spent in Iraq and all the troops we sent, we could give half the money and half the effort, scour Afghanistan and find Bin Laden already. I mean, its just 1 man and his little posse. Afghanistan is kind of big, but its no US, India, or Saudi Arabia. Had we concentrated enough on him, we would have found him by now. Instead, he lives on, while we have created hundreds of Bin Laden wannabes. Hell it was an aide to Bin Laden that killed the Nick Berg fellow. I mean give me a freaking break. Priorities? I've seen careless 15 year olds that blow their paychecks on crud have better set of priorities. Wheres John Stossel when you need him.

I was wondering if Binny boy funds this evil organisation with his own money? If he does then won't taking him out, and a few of his henchmen, be like a body blow to Al Killa?.. I mean with less funds they's be affected in a major way.... I think :erm:

I'm pretty sure he funds most of the stuff, he is pretty loaded. Came from a rich Saudi family if I'm not mistaken? I'm almost positive they utilize the black market to get the weapons and accessories they need.

I thought the US froze one of his accounts before in some bank that was supposedly holding a chunk of his money? I'm not too sure, I could be wrong.

All I see Angela are double standards - you seem to be complaining about the other side (an artificial distinction - we all bleed the same colour blood) and it's barbaric acts yet you are demanding the means to commit acts of vengeance.

The father of Mr. Berg has stressed the need for other ways forward yet you ignore his wishes in your bloodlust.

I find attitudes like yours to be the most damaging - there will be no peace whilst such attitudes prevail amongst those in power.

no paul, what you see are my opinions and like them or not they are mine. just opinions, im not running a damn thing here from Lincoln, Nebraska, no General's called today to ask my advice and get orders. So you can find my attitude most damaging as I am free to find your hug a tree, lets hug them into submission attitude the biggest slap in the face I can imagine.

angela

Pardon me... I was unaware that the coalition was doing the terrorist a favor for them to turn and slap anyone in the face....erm that puts a new spin on things. Take the heat off Binny boy a bit by focusing on Iraq and the Binny boy just slaps you in the face by killing one of your citizens... interesting theory. :blank:

The "war on terror" is a scam.

Terror is nothing more than "intense, overpowering fear." It's ludicrous to think that a 'war' can be fought to end an emotion, or even to end use of a violent tactic which can be employed by anyone at any time.

War is when two forces agree to slug it out against each other. Anything else is mere predation. And that's where the US is now - cowering in fear and preying on the unfortunate in a show of false bravado.

The result? Escalation of violence to insane levels.

Simply shake off your fear and you have defeated terror

And thats just my opinion! Now let me go hug my tree :mrgreen:

Got my trail mix but making sure to bring my doc martins I have tender feet :lol:

watch you dont step on any endangered insects on the way to the tree.....

angela