Sign in to follow this  
moon

Terrorists Behead American On Video

Jammin, yes I regard bin Laden as the enemy. It is his group that offed the WTC and Nick Berg. These deaths should be avenged.

However... indiscriminately wasting Muslims won't solve a damn thing. All it is doing is breeding more hatred of the US, and making bin Laden more of a hero to some people over there. Look at all the rage over here about Berg's death. Can't anyone see that surely the same rage exists in the Mideast over the torture (yes, torture, the public hasn't seen it all yet, and probably never will, but it is said to involve forced homosexual acts and murder. I would rather have my head chopped off then be forced to get with men that way.) of the Iraqi prisoners, who had no ties to bin Laden. Yes, kill bin Laden to show the world that America avenges its dead, but then get the hell out of that region completely, before our own actions create the next generation's version of Osama.

Want to fight terrorism? Vote no to Bush.

Edited for the spelling police.

Edited by GreenTillDeath

THat's a cycle that never ends.

Hatfields and McCoys ring a bell?

i dunno, even the mccoys would have backed off had it been horrific enough.

angela

:mrsgreen:

To be honest with you Angela. You're making yourself look no different than the people our troops are fighting against.

Edited by Henry8866

The problem is, Angela, you and your family would be dead. And I'm pretty sure you wouldn't give a flying banana after that point.

The other problem, of course, is at what point does this escalation end? So you send in the bombers and nuke 'em all? What, all of them? Every single Muslim extremist/terrorist? Oh, but we can't be sure exactly who they are or where they are hiding. Never mind. Nuke 'em all just to be sure. Every single Muslim. It's the only way to keep us safe after all, isn't it? Then what. What about the namby pamby liberals who want to stop you. Nuke 'em too? How about the French? Their likely to complain and put up some resistance too. Nuke 'em. In fact, the rest of the world hates America doesn't it? Nuke the rest of the world then. It's the only way...

Angela, you hit Same, Sam hits you.

If going by your terms, you hit Sam, Sam rapes your daughter.

nope, sam hits me, i shoot sam dead. thats where i was headed newdles.
Following your other post I had the idea that if Sam hit you that you'd shoot his kid and his wife :erm:

id probably kill his whole family but im the vengful type. At least that way there wont be a circle of violence because they would all be dead :shifty:

Nuke 'em all just to be sure.   Every single Muslim.

i never said i hated muslims

I hate all terrorists .

angela

Edited by Angela

id probably kill his whole family but im the vengful type.  At least that way there wont be a circle of violence because they would all be dead  :shifty:

There'd be someone, one2gamble.

A relative, a friend, a compatriot...

I used the Hatfield/McCoy analogy earlier, but a better example of that practice is the cycle of violence in the middle east. Can anyone here, opponents and proponents of the eye for an eye theory, see an end to that cycle?

Edited by dwparsnip

Actually we know where this ends. Since there are Muslims than Americans the Muslims would win. No thanks I will take my chances trying other solutions than trying to win a war of ruthless attrition when I am outnumbered.

OK....

You have circled the wagons around Angela. She has said her piece

Now let me ask.... WHat do we do differently then what we are doing now. And please get into details. Not just.... "Lets pull everyone out" or Lets nuke a country".

Tell me how your solution stops terrorism.

I am not taking sides but I see what side Angela is on. THat is very clear.... What side is everyone circling her on?

OK....

You have circled the wagons around Angela. She has said her piece

Now let me ask.... WHat do we do differently then what we are doing now. And please get into details. Not just.... "Lets pull everyone out" or Lets nuke a country".

Tell me how your solution stops terrorism.

I am not taking sides but I see what side Angela is on. THat is very clear.... What side is everyone circling her on?

I dont think there is anything else we can do, The only way to stop terrorism is by building strong, free states. People are against nation building but as we stand, we have no choice. We dont have to invade every nation we want to rebuild though. When people are living well and are educated and informed with a non opressive state they are much less likely to breed terrorism. The failure of the muslim world to build such states on their own is part of the problem. Some states in that part of the world are ran fine but others such as Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Afganistan, Pakistan are all essentially failures and breed/finance/educate terrorists. The US must put pressure on the Saudi royal family to make consessions to their own people, and they must do it publicly and they MUST HAPPEN. Iran will come around on its own, its people are beginning to get sick and tired of the garbage they have to put up with and they blame nobody but their own system of government. The difference is they have access through the internet and family about what life is like in the US and other parts of the world, they want that life. The other countries are questionable, pakistan is hopefully coming around but it will take much more effort from people that I dont really trust and may end up like Saddam but we have no other choice at this point.

Our aid to these countries must be done publically and directly to the people, we should establish a way that the modern rich world funds public schools that have international oversight as to prevent madrassa type teachings.

Some people are just fanatical and need to be killed, this is not just muslims but anyone including many people who reside within the US.

Edited by one2gamble

There are those who terrorize for the sake of terrorizing, which is impossible to solve.

There are those who terrorize in the name of religion, which is probably also impossible to solve.

There are those who terrorize because they think they want revenge, which is also probably impossible to solve.

All of them have their reasons. Understanding why they use terror is the first step. After that, a middle ground has to be found, which is the rub, isn't it.

You can't ignore terrorism and let it go unpunished, but you can't nuke terrorists or destroy them because they have no country or home base or clubhouse.

In answer to your question hftmrock, is there a solution?

There are those who terrorize for the sake of terrorizing, which is impossible to solve.

There are those who terrorize in the name of religion, which is probably also impossible to solve.

There are those who terrorize because they think they want revenge, which is also probably impossible to solve.

All of them have their reasons. Understanding why they use terror is the first step. After that, a middle ground has to be found, which is the rub, isn't it.

You can't ignore terrorism and let it go unpunished, but you can't nuke terrorists or destroy them because they have no country or home base or clubhouse.

In answer to your question hftmrock, is there a solution?

Well we knock Bush, we Knock the coalition, we knock what is being done , we complain about every little thing that happens bad but without having a better solution how do we know that this is NOT the best solution.

Since I do not have any better solution, I will applaud what is being done. I will feel horrible if something goes wrong but I hope we learn from the mistakes and better ourselves every day. I will not bash and critisize without having a better solution

But thats just me

QUOTE (Angela @ May 13 2004, 05:34 PM)

i pray everynignt for my president, my leaders, my country

Really?

Why would you question her on this?

I've asked this question a couple of times in different threads, what are we willing to give up in order to stop terrorism? With the exception of 9/11, terrorism has claimed fewer than 200 American lives a year. If saving lives is what this is all about, why not do something about smoking which claims 200,000 American lives each year? How about drunk driving at 20,000 deaths every year? Imagine what we could do to improve our country if we still had the $120 billion we've spent on the Iraq war and the billions more we will spend over the next decade. Despite all that spending, I seriously doubt our country is safer from future terrorism. The USA does not have unlimited money and we should be spending it wisely.

Some people are just fanatical and need to be killed, this is not just muslims but anyone including many people who reside within the US.

i am totally aghast by this "solution" you proffer, which is fanatical in it's own right....therefore you should be killed along with the rest of the fanatics.

doesn't seem viable unless the Constitution is done away with....

Guest Hurdy

QUOTE (Angela @ May 13 2004, 05:34 PM)

i pray everynignt for my president, my leaders, my country

Really?

Why would you question her on this?

I'm not questioning her.

I'm asking her a question.

Big difference.

Edited by Hurdy

Sorry to say but the President of the USA is a complete idiot. He means one thing and contradicts himself when he says another thing, and to think he said God chose him to be President :lol: , what an idiot.

That is what I think of Mr. Bush :tdn: .

That's the beauty of living in a free country, hftmrock.

I'm not a politician, I'm not a diplomat, I'm not associated with government in any way, and I am ignorant of the inner workings international politics. I wouldn't know where to start, as I suspect many people here wouldn't.

We (democracies) elect people to find solutions to problems, and have the right to question whether or not they are doing it right. Do I have a better idea, not even close, but I'm pretty sure what's going on Iraq, and some of the suggestions I've seen here, are not the right way.

Edited by dwparsnip

I've asked this question a couple of times in different threads, what are we willing to give up in order to stop terrorism? With the exception of 9/11, terrorism has claimed fewer than 200 American lives a year. If saving lives is what this is all about, why not do something about smoking which claims 200,000 American lives each year? How about drunk driving at 20,000 deaths every year? Imagine what we could do to improve our country if we still had the $120 billion we've spent on the Iraq war and the billions more we will spend over the next decade. Despite all that spending, I seriously doubt our country is safer from future terrorism. The USA does not have unlimited money and we should be spending it wisely.

because all those other things are choices, to die when your building blows up is not a choice a person makes. The 120 billion would do nothing to improve this country, sorry your wrong if you think it would have been used for anything important. More than likely it just wouldnt have been spent and we would be slightly less in the hole.