Sign in to follow this  
wendiau

What Does Everyone Do?

skeptic..

We run Cinci's and Kraus Maffi's and a couple of old Van Dorns. Got rid of our only Husky a couple of years ago. We have alot of Husky molds though.

We have about 50 presses and a couple hundred molds. I work for Owens Illinois. I don't do much maintaining anymore. I'm a processor.

Set up hangs the molds. I process them to meet quality and customer specs, and cycles for profit. Then if they fall out of spec, I get them back in.

Jim...

Well, I meant by 'maintaining' as in processing. But you got the picture. My job is officially 'processor', but our place changes responsibilities as much as we change molds (seems that way....lol). We also have a setup crew, but they are swamped so much that at least 1 or 2 mold changes come our way per week. I don't mind doing the smaller ones (actually, a change of pace keeps things interesting during the week), but those larger, heavier molds are a real pain. Hate to be squished by a 49,000lb mold. Kinda antsy around them.

Wendiau...sorry about hijacking your thread. I'll stop. As for what I said above (that you called double-dutch), those are machine brand names. Just like Porsche, Audi, Ford, etc. Nothing special. The tonnage relates to the size of the machine (more like it's capacity in mold size (part size) it can fill).

Jim...

Well, I meant by 'maintaining' as in processing. But you got the picture. My job is officially 'processor', but our place changes responsibilities as much as we change molds (seems that way....lol). We also have a setup crew, but they are swamped so much that at least 1 or 2 mold changes come our way per week. I don't mind doing the smaller ones (actually, a change of pace keeps things interesting during the week), but those larger, heavier molds are a real pain. Hate to be squished by a 49,000lb mold. Kinda antsy around them.

Wendiau...sorry about hijacking your thread. I'll stop. As for what I said above (that you called double-dutch), those are machine brand names. Just like Porsche, Audi, Ford, etc. Nothing special. The tonnage relates to the size of the machine (more like it's capacity in mold size (part size) it can fill).

Hey Np:)

Thought it had something to do with PC's...lol

And No...your not HJ my thread,....:)

I am an Entertainer from Sydney Australia....

My name is Wendi I have a partner (who is an awesome guitar player)

and 2 great (big) kids...:)

Have added my site...would love you to sign the book too....

http://www.geocities.com/wendi_jackson_and...bain/index.html

I hope to meet a few of you soon :)

Wendi

I'm volt and I like electrical work!! and I ain't got a site worth seeing!! :mrgreen: v

I'm volt and I like electrical work!! and I ain't got a site worth seeing!! :mrgreen: v

Nice to meet you Volt.....heard some great things about you :blushing:

Take care eh!! :)

Retired Submarine Sailor

Retired Letter Carier

Active Golfer (Really just Hit and Hunt)

Active parent and grandparent

That about says it all..... :P

Hi Wendiau. Nice to meet you. Great idea starting this thread. It's good to get to know everyone.

I am an Accounting Manager for a major property management company here in Florida. My husband and I have four beautiful children, ages 21, 16, 14, and 13. Wanted to have another one, but got a yellow lab instead!!

Used to be a democrat, but 9/11 changed that!

Nice to meet you!

Pattie

Bush/Cheney '04

yes i think this is going well.....a quite a few posts from quite a few people....and all walks of life, all over the world.......

Great to hear from all age groups too.....by the sounds of it, all you lot would be a lot of fun at a Party.....hmmm food for thought...:)

Keep 'em coming....

Cheers

wendi

Hi nice to meet ya Wendi, call me Snake... I was born in Guyana, grew up in Jamaica and now reside in England.I like travelling and meeting people from other parts of the world. I'm young and technically single at the moment. Some folks think i'm a nutcase.

Hi nice to meet ya Wendi, call me Snake... I was born in Guyana, grew up in Jamaica and now reside in England.I like travelling and meeting people from other parts of the world. I'm young and technically single at the moment. Some folks think i'm a nutcase.

Nice to meet you too......

Why do people think your a nutcase?

I feel ....in this world you have to learn to laugh......if you don't you wont survive (you will shrivel up like an old prune) *and i hate prunes* : :lol:

Love the posts all.....

Wendi

What a great thread!

Sure does seem to be a bunch of old hippies here, <LOL> so I'm in good company. Libertarian at heart, but a registered Republican because most local elections here are settled in the primary.

I work for the government (Census bureau) getting the data they use for the employment/unemployment figures each month. (A lot like selling door-to-door <G>)

I live in northeastern Wyoming- no, not the side with mountians- where men are men and sheep are nervous. <VEG>

Happily married to a construction guy, mother of a 25 year-old (*gasp* where did the time go?) biology grad student son.

Started going to The Pit on a tip from the LockerGnome after we got our first Windows-based machine (had a C64 and an Amiga) and think it is the best site around.

Edited by stoneking

I'm a...

Professional Fine Artist & Photographer

Professional Athlete

In my free time I like to travel the world, play with computers, and in general experience as much of life as I possibly can.

Drafted in '60, between Korea and Viet Nam, thank God....made me an M.P. . posted at Ft. Myers, Va., just across river from D.C. Directed traffic at JFK's funeral.

Thanks for being a vet.........

Retired Submarine Sailor

Hey Hulk..

My son John was in the Navy..

on a nuclear submarine USS MARIANO G. VALLEJO

during the Gulf War.

Good for him Ike. It takes a different breed of sailor to become a wearer of the Dolphins. I started out on old WWII diesel boats and ended up on Polaris/Poseidon FBMs. I retired in 1970. Can you say..."old dude"... :mrgreen: