Sign in to follow this  
Jazzy

Tragic News

Rob, my friend that died last week was Irish, and made a trip to Ireland last year. We were searching some webpages for info about Ireland and came upon one with sayings, limericks and prayers. We found one prayer that we both really liked. It is more of a prayer for the remaining loved ones rather that the one that has passed. It serves to remind us that as long as we hold our loved ones in our hearts and think of them fondly and lovingly, they will always be with us. It goes like this:

Do not stand at my grave and weep

I am not there....I do not sleep

I am the thousand winds that blow

I am the diamond glints on snow

I am the sunlight on ripened grain

I am the gentle Autumn rain

When you waken in the morning's hush,

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of gentle birds in circling flight...

I am the soft star that shines at night

Do not stand at my grave and cry ---

I am not there....I did not die.

Edited by thehulk18

volt

i have no words ,that can or will ever change what happens in life.

you and your family have our deepest heart felt Sympathies.

may your god be with you as stand alone .

i am so shocked, and soooo sorry to hear that. that is so sad and such a tragic loss. may god bless you and all of your family. im very sorry. that is such a tragic thing, and i feel so bad for you and your family.

Edited by jenjen1018

I can't linger long because I can't see to type thru the tears.

I just wanted to thank you all for your kindness in this most awful time of my life.

Will return with some more details when this all gets better,,if it ever does.

Ya'll' mean alot to me and I miss everyone of ya,,I'm just not dealing very well with this whole thing right now.

To everyone who has PMed or emailed me,,I will answer you soon.

Again thank you so much!!

I just wanted to thank you all for your kindness in this most awful time of my life.

Ya'll' mean alot to me and I miss everyone of ya,,I'm just not dealing very well with this whole thing right now.

It will get better, it always does... its just going to be hard for a while. :) Just don't give up.

Thank you volt for stopping by. I can't even begin to imagine how horrible it must be, all I can say is stay strong, if not for yourself then at least for your kids. Hang in there bud, we're all praying for ya.

just take care of you 1st volt you know none of us are leaving anytime soon,get yourself better and when your ready to come back we will all be here,glad you stopped by for a few seconds :mrgreen:

Volt, I don't usually post but I have been reading and learning a lot from this site for some time, so sorry to hear about your loss. :mrsgreen: Ricky

Guest Donna

LIFE...so fragile. LOSS... so sudden. HEART...so broken.

Posted Image

In the wake of such a loss, we're haunted by things we don't, and may never, understand. Yet the solace we seek may not come from answers. So we look for comfort in the belief of love's everlasting connection. May that love lift you, hold you close, and give you peace.

I love you and I'm praying for you.....

volt,,you probably got my PM, but I just want to say right here in the forum that I can't even imagine the class you have to even post in this thread. A computer forum would be the last thing on my mind if I had to go through a loss like you have.

Dude, don't bother yourself with hurrying back here. Take your time to mourn your Debbie, however long it takes.

You'll always be welcomed back with open arms when you feel up to posting again.

I wish I was good with the usual cliches, but I'm not. All I can say is, dude, I'm sorry this happened.

I am sorry for you, Volt, and for everyone affected by this untimely loss. I wish for you strength to carry on through this, and bravery to accept what can never be understood. Through your words it has been obvious to me that you loved her deeply. I believe that in the transition from this life to the next, knowing that we were truly loved brings us peace.

Volt...at such a time for you...you still take time to reply to the Pitsters .....I think that sums up the type of guy you are to me...It was very difficult to read your reply and words cannot convey how I felt reading it....Great sadness :( touches the surface...You must be aware of the great outpouring of grief, the offers of support and the letters of sympathy...May you find peace somehow at this time....Hope you can be strong...Wish you love and respect ...To you and your family....God Bless....Archie