Sign in to follow this  
houmamiss

Today's Deaths In Iraq

Guest fragged one

i love my country as much as one can, and i would be suspicious of anyone invading here for the sake of trying to 'help' us. if i seriously felt that they were doing more harm than good, then i would probably be doing the same type of things as those that did this. i'm not sure about hanging them from the brooklyn bridge, but i would be using my guns...so i completely understand why they are doing this, even though i feel us being there is just.

not to get to far off the thread but as far as for vietnam if johnson would have bombed the hell out of the north around the clock non stop those commies in the north would have gave up :)

Guest fragged one

not to get to far off the thread but as far as for vietnam if johnson would have bombed the hell out of the north around the clock non stop those commies in the north would have gave up :)

not the commies that were supplying weapons and logistics to the far north (china and russia)

i love my country as much as one can, and i would be suspicious of anyone invading here for the sake of trying to 'help' us.  if i seriously felt that they were doing more harm than good, then i would probably be doing the same type of things as those that did this.  i'm not sure about hanging them from the brooklyn bridge, but i would be using my guns...so i completely understand why they are doing this, even though i feel us being there is just.

I agree with you 100% fragged one, I would be fighting at your side.

I did however, bring Vietnam into this thread because I am hearing the same things being said today about Iraq, as were being said back then about Vietnam.

coughvietnamcough

cough support never dropped below 50% cough

We went into vietnam without a clear objective, without using the full power of the US military and for bad policy hopefully Iraq will turn out differently. I suppose you could argue resolve, which was also underestimated in the Korean war which could easily of been named the Chinese/Russian war. The simple fact is if the US doesnt use its full power in order to end a conflict things like this will happen. If the military went in as an invading force and patrolled the streets of bagdad with say 500,000 or so troops I doubt these kinds of things would happen.

not the commies that were supplying weapons and logistics to the far north (china and russia)

non stop around the clock bombing of hanoi how long to do think it would of took for them to surrender :)

hold on a minute...i'm confused. i thought it was the terrorists who are causing the problems, not the iraqi people. they were delighted to pull down saddams statue in the main square....

so maybe the analogy would be more like you'd be fighting the 'invaders for your own good' if you wanted the bad guy to still be in power?

every time the u.s goes to war some one has to bring up vietnam  :unsure:

yeah because apparently enough people didn't die the first time for the government to learn a valuble lesson about useless invasions.

I don't want to forget Vietnam, I choose to remember it. I want them ALL to know I haven't forgotten them and what they did. Everytime I look into haunted eyes of several of my dear friends...yeah I still am reminded. When I visit the cemetary sadly I am reminded again. It should still be shown every single day on the tv to remind those who have forgotten or didn't care but it would only bring more anguish to those who had to live thru it. So when you say WE are fighting this war on terror.. rephrase your terminology. Its THEM who are dying over there. And I can only hope when they return they are not treated like alot were in the past, and they all somehow find peace within themselves to cope with things they see go on.... . So yeah I will keep bringing it up and reminding those who seem to have amnesia. IF nothing else it honors those who can't speak up and tell you themselves. They can't. They are no longer alive to be able to remind you.

A justified war is never easy to accept. But it something that has to be done.

An unjustified one too sickening to comprehend.

Those who forget the past are condemned to REPEAT it

Edit: typo..

Edited by TracyLynn

non stop around the clock bombing of hanoi how long to do think it would of took for them to surrender :)

it'll certainly push them into the right way of thinking

angela

every time the u.s goes to war some one has to bring up vietnam  :unsure:

Its called Learn from Earlier Mistakes.

Ronbo, I didnt mean to, or intend to, correct the number used. It's just a number that is imbedded in my mind, and will probably be there the day I "sign off" to that great PIT in the sky. :(

Edited by NascarFan19

were not going to lose 58,000 solders in iraq.that was a mistake that so many men died.there is no draft these men in iraq are inlisted :)

Edited by t.rex1972

Ronbo, I didnt mean to, or intend to, correct the number used.

I know you weren't correcting me, I just felt bad that I inadvertantly hit the wrong number.

I for one am speachless concerning the events that happen.it brings back bad memories.but maybe

this time the current president will take decisive action against these people that did this.

I dont want justice I want revege....................

Justice and the rule of law seem the only options to me. They've got most of these sub-humans on video. I watched it on the TV last night. We should make ourselves felt in that region before these abhorent acts are repeated. Surround the place, go in and arrest these men, women and children murderers and accomplices and hand them over to the Iraqi justice system that we're rebuilding. Then back up the entire structure by overwhelming force until it's self-sufficient.

Edited by moon

Justice and the rule of law seem the only options to me. They've got most of these sub-humans on video. I watched it on the TV last night. We should make ourselves felt in that region before these abhorent acts are repeated. Surround the place, go in and arrest these men, women and children murderers and accomplices and hand them over to the Iraqi justice system that we're rebuilding. Then back up the entire structure by overwhelming force until it's self-sufficient.

Thats the way to handle that.

amen to that. :tup:

angela

Thinking like that is what probably caused that incident, do you think that if you go about looking for revenge that the rest of the westerners in Iraq will be safe?..... Just think a bit, both of ya, and then post a reply ;)

no doubt, but how many 'somebodies' and will they be the right 'somebodies'....

Well good question there,, from what I'v read and seen on the tube,,the whole town knew it was coming.

So my guess would be lots and probably not all all the right ones.