Sign in to follow this  
houmamiss

Today's Deaths In Iraq

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/03/31/...main/index.html

I am at a loss for words. I guess I just really don't understand. When I see this sort of crap on the news, the first thought I have is "What a bunch of stupid savages".

Here's a quote from the article I linked above:

"The four American civilians killed were employees of Blackwater Security Consulting, the US goverment contractor providing security for food deliveries in Fallujah, the company said."

PROVIDING SECURITY FOR FOOD DELIVERIES IN FALLUJAH - and yet it was residents of Fallujah that did those horrible things with the bodies.

I just don't understand. :mrsgreen:

i don't know what to think anymore either...not that i ever had a such good handle on the whole situation to begin with. But this, this is outrageous.

seriously, what would happen if the troops were pulled out....like now?

is that even an option?

Guest Deuces Wild

Nope. This is a war on terror and we will be in it till it is won.

Pull out now and the terrorists have won (physically and mentally).

not to offend any arabs here, as i'm not trying to generalize all arabs, but just talking about the people who did these terrible things,

not even monkies would've done that.

and they wouldn't, this is some really sad stuff.

but this is a war, a war that we're winning, we're not gonna pull our troops out until the job is done in iraq. and that may not be the end of the war, we're gonna fight til' we've gotten rid of this problem.

Edited by The1PatO

Deuces, how about we stop food deliveries? Could we do that? Seems ridiculous to deliver food to places and people like that when this is the sort of thing that happens. :mrsgreen:

Guest fragged one

what if our country was invaded and you disagreed with it? wouldn't you try to get your country back at all means necessary?

what if our country was invaded and you disagreed with it? wouldn't you try to get your country back at all means necessary?

not if the invading force was here to help.

and houmamiss, we would definitely not stop delivering food to hungry people, these are just a few, a minority no doubt, and they don't want to see iraq turn to a good and free country.

Guest Deuces Wild

It's not the citizens. It is al-queda and other terrorists trying to disrupt things and cause opinion to turn. We cannot stop the rebuilding or food efforts.

Deuces, how about we stop food deliveries? Could we do that? Seems ridiculous to deliver food to places and people like that when this is the sort of thing that happens. :mrsgreen:

You can't stop now, the second the first bomb was dropped a commitment was made to reverse the bad fortunes of the Iraqi people and now you cannot leave them high and dry.

From the same article:

"Elsewhere in the Fallujah region, five American soldiers died in a roadside bombing near Habbaniya, the U.S. military said.

The fatalities brought the U.S. military death toll in Iraq to 600, 408 of them in hostile action."

I was unspeakably angry when I read what they were doing to the bodies.

It should never have began over there and the situation becomes more sickening there every single day.

I still am not seeing how the "war on terrorism" is getting anywhere when people every single day are still DYING and the way these people's bodies were treated after death... I am not allowed to use the words here that are in my mind.

:censored: :bang::soapbox:

Many of the American deaths in Iraq are a result of the Iraqis' only form of self defense: guerilla warfare.

Now pop quiz, what type of warfare did we use against the British during the Revolutionary War?

Doesn't seem like such a bad thing for us to do, so why is it so terrible that they do it?

The invasion of Iraq was wrong anyway. When I was in the military, I found out that total dictators did not like anyone That could be a threat to them. That is why they always killed off their opposition. Saddam would give money to the terrorists, but not let its leaders in his country. They were too much of a threat. The same goes with training camps. And yes, this was terrible. Reminds me of Somilia. Since the terriorist are now in Iraq, They will do anything to get the U.S. out. Our troops are too tough to tackle, so they hit civilians who are less armed and less trained. What I am scared of though, is that these acts of terroism will eventually work to the advantage of the terrorists and the troops will leave. This will pave the way for the terriosts to take over Iraq. Then we will have a mess worse then what we already have.

not to offend any arabs here, as i'm not trying to generalize all arabs, but just talking about the people who did these terrible things,

not even monkies would've done that.

and they wouldn't, this is some really sad stuff.

but this is a war, a war that we're winning, we're not gonna pull our troops out until the job is done in iraq. and that may not be the end of the war, we're gonna fight til' we've gotten rid of this problem.

Yep it is indeed a very sad thing to hear, but you don't have to go to the mid east to see this kind of hatred.

Wasn't that long ago that racists dragged a black man behind a pickup truck until he was dead. At least the Arabs killed them before they dragged them around.

The saddest thing of all is these events will not end any time soon, or ever for that matter.

Until the United States realizes we can not impose our will and ideals on other cultures,societies, and countries these things will always happen, if not there then somewhere else. This the way these people fight back, we may not understand it, or even care to, but it is what it is, and we won't ever stop it from happening. Israel has been fighting the same problem for decades, it hasn't ended and it never will so long as Israel is there. The same applies to us, as long as we remain in the Mid East this is what we have to look forward to.

The unfortunate fact is, unless Israel left the Mid East, or the United States stopped supporting Israel then there will always be attacks against American citizens. Iraq just gives terrorists another reason and more support from the people who are willing to attack us.

I hate the whole mess, I would love to see it all stop. The truth is that is nothing more then a pipe dream, not only will it not stop, but we can count on it getting much worse in the future. :mrsgreen:

From the same article:

"Elsewhere in the Fallujah region, five American soldiers died in a roadside bombing near Habbaniya, the U.S. military said.

The fatalities brought the U.S. military death toll in Iraq to 600, 408 of them in hostile action."

It should never have began over there and the situation becomes more sickening there every single day.

I still am not seeing how the "war on terrorism" is getting anywhere when people every single day are still DYING and the way these people's bodies were treated after death... I am not allowed to use the words here that are in my mind.

:censored: :bang::soapbox:

yeah, people are dying in a war...go figure

From the same article:

:censored:  :bang:  :soapbox:

yeah, people are dying in a war...go figure
What war? No war was EVER officially declared. This is simply an invasion by the United States in an attempt to establish themselves as the world police, and gain some oil in the process.

Yep it is indeed a very sad thing to hear, but you don't have to go to the mid east to see this kind of hatred.

Wasn't that long ago that racists dragged a black man behind a pickup truck until he was dead. At least the Arabs killed them before they dragged them around.

The saddest thing of all is these events will not end any time soon, or ever for that matter.

Until the United States realizes we can not impose our will and ideals on other cultures,societies, and countries these things will always happen, if not there then somewhere else. This the way these people fight back, we may not understand it, or even care to, but it is what it is, and we won't ever stop it from happening. Israel has been fighting the same problem for decades, it hasn't ended and it never will so long as Israel is there. The same applies to us, as long as we remain in the Mid East this is what we have to look forward to.

The unfortunate fact is, unless Israel left the Mid East, or the United States stopped supporting Israel then there will always be attacks against American citizens. Iraq just gives terrorists another reason and more support from the people who are willing to attack us.

I hate the whole mess, I would love to see it all stop. The truth is that is nothing more then a pipe dream, not only will it not stop, but we can count on it getting much worse in the future.   :mrsgreen:

what do you mean we cannot impose our will and ideals on other cultures? we've been doing it for quite some time now. i don't see how you can think these terrorists are some kind of omnipotent force, capable of taking on most of the power of the western world. this war is by no means terrible, in reletivity to other wars, and we are definately winning, whether the democrats like it or not. it seems anytime anything good happens to either us, or iraq these days, there's always a democrat sitting there going "Dang, DANG, DARN YOU". they don't want to see the us do well now, simply because the republicans are in power, they're willing to ditch our country completely, all they want is power, and they hate that they don't have it, that is all.

it will stop, it's gonna stop, and we're gonna win, american determination ensures it.

What war? No war was EVER officially declared. This is simply an invasion by the United States in an attempt to establish themselves as the world police, and gain some oil in the process.

the war in the middle east, whether or not it's called a war is a different story, it likely won't be, as we're not at war with a country, we're at war with a group of radical extremists. gain some oil?!?! i can't believe you had the nerve to say this, my gas price just rose to $1.75, if we're gaining some oil, i'd like to know where the heck it is. as for establishing ourself as the world police, where were you? we already have, we did this just about after WW2.

Edited by The1PatO

Nope.  This is a war on terror and we will be in it till it is won.

Pull out now and the terrorists have won (physically and mentally).

i suppose it would be naive to think pulling out is an option, but perhaps all civilians should leave. i can't help but think there's a better way to fight the terrorists. different tactics....different something!

the casualties have been heavier since the official "conflict" ended and it's only going to get a lot worse. this war on terrorism doesn't have an ending, at least not one that i see.

what really scares me is that i'm starting to feel a bit immune to all of this. it's become the norm to read about the atrocities on a daily basis. i don't mind feeling cynical but callous?

maybe my brain's built-in protection system has kicked in to keep everything at bay....but if that's true, it doesn't seem to be working very well :erm:

the war in the middle east, whether or not it's called a war is a different story, it likely won't be, as we're not at war with a country, we're at war with a group of radical extremists. gain some oil?!?! i can't believe you had the nerve to say this, my gas price just rose to $1.75, if we're gaining some oil, i'd like to know where the heck it is.

And this is exactly why the US is getting the oil, we're running very low over here. It can't get over here overnight you know.

We invaded a country with the excuse that we didn't like the way they run their country. Well I can tell you they sure as hell don't like the way we run ours, but you don't see them invading our country now do you?

it will stop, it's gonna stop, and we're gonna win, american determination ensures it.

It doesn't have much to do with Democrats or Republicans LOL, it is more then 60 years of bad policy in the Mid East, as far as it ending and "winning" how do you propose to do such a thing?

Terrorists have been around since the beginning of time and will exist until we are all gone. It is the very fact that as you put we impose our will on others that brings us to this mess. Atrocities have been around since the beginning of time, and will continue until man is no more. For every terrorists we kill, we inspire ten more to become terrorists.

"What war? No war was EVER officially declared. This is simply an invasion by the United States in an attempt to establish themselves as the world police, and gain some oil in the process. "

sigh... thank you for saying it for me Chris :tup: my thoughts exactly.

I'm sure Bin Laden is having a party today. :mrsgreen:

Edited by TracyLynn

i suppose it would be naive to think pulling out is an option, but perhaps all civilians should leave.  i can't help but think there's a better way to fight the terrorists.  different tactics....different something!  

the casualties have been heavier since the official "conflict" ended and it's only going to get a lot worse.  this war on terrorism  doesn't have an ending, at least not one that i see.

what really scares me is that i'm starting to feel a bit immune to all of this.   it's become the norm to read about the atrocities on a daily basis.  i don't mind feeling cynical but callous?  

maybe my brain's built-in protection system has kicked in to keep everything at bay....but if that's true, it doesn't seem to be working very well  :erm:

we're fighting them the best way we know how, and it's working pretty darn well. this war was gone reletively great. the reason the casualties have been heavier since the major confilct ended is because the major conflict lasted only a few weeks, while we've been there a whole year now. everything has an end whether you can see it or not, it's going to get down to who has the better technology and who has more determination, the odds are in our favor.

And this is exactly why the US is getting the oil, we're running very low over here.  It can't get over here overnight you know.

We invaded a country with the excuse that we didn't like the way they run their country.  Well I can tell you they sure as hell don't like the way we run ours, but you don't see them invading our country now do you?

we're running low?! that's laughable. the reason the gas prices are so high is because of opec, they're raising them, and we have little say in that. the oil in iraq will be used to rebuild the country, all by legal means. jeez, we invaded iraq because there was a brutal dictator who mistreated his people and slaughtered millions, not to mention he condoned terrorism and supplied ti with as much cash as he could. yeah, i saw them invading our country, i saw it on 9/11, and i sure don't want to see it again.

It doesn't have much to do with Democrats or Republicans LOL, it is more then 60 years of bad policy in the Mid East, as far as it ending and "winning" how do you propose to do such a thing?

Terrorists have been around since the beginning of time and will exist until we are all gone. It is the very fact that as you put we impose our will on others that brings us to this mess. Atrocities have been around since the beginning of time, and will continue until man is no more. For every terrorists we kill, we inspire ten more to become terrorists.

really? so for every natzi we killed, we made more natzis? strange...i was under the impression that the nazi count today was pretty low.

this is all about politics bruce, because the democrats want it to be.

Edited by The1PatO

You underestimate the "determination" of a people that are so "determined" in their cause that they are willing to commit suicide in the process of their attacks. You don't fight that kind of determination with guns.

And this is exactly why the US is getting the oil, we're running very low over here.  It can't get over here overnight you know.

We invaded a country with the excuse that we didn't like the way they run their country.  Well I can tell you they sure as hell don't like the way we run ours, but you don't see them invading our country now do you?

we're running low?! that's laughable. the reason the gas prices are so high is because of opec, they're raising them, and we have little say in that. the oil in iraq will be used to rebuild the country, all by legal means. jeez, we invaded iraq because there was a brutal dictator who mistreated his people and slaughtered millions, not to mention he condoned terrorism and supplied ti with as much cash as he could. yeah, i saw them invading our country, i saw it on 9/11, and i sure don't want to see it again.
It's not just gas prices. Everything that you use and enjoy daily is based on oil. We don't have enough to last forever, we'll get it by any means necessary.

You saw Iraqis sent by Saddam invading the US on 9/11?? :o

I sure didn't.

What he does to his people is NONE OF OUR BUSINESS. We are not the world police, no matter how much of you want to believe we are.

Edited by ChrisR

You underestimate the "determination" of a people that are so "determined" in their cause that they are willing to commit suicide in the process of their attacks. You don't fight that kind of determination with guns.

if you know something the american military doesn't i'd suggest you run to washington pretty quick.

It's not just gas prices. Everything that you use and enjoy daily is based on oil. We don't have enough to last forever, we'll get it by any means necessary.

You saw Iraqis send by Saddam invading the US on 9/11??

I sure didn't.

What he does to his people is NONE OF OUR BUSINESS. We are not the world police, no matter how much of you want to believe we are.

no, not the iraqis, we went to liberate them, and to help to free the world of terrorists. terrorists were funded by saddam, don't try to make a joke out of this alright, i'm very serious about this.

and if it's none of our business, then i guess what was happening in germany was none of our business either?

we are the world super power, no matter how much you'd wish we were part of europe, and i think that as the world super power we do have a duty to do what we can to better the world.

Edited by The1PatO