Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doofus

Nice Going America

I saw CBS news last night and i seen the bit about some over there boycotting french products. Certain shops are not stocking french goods, and best of all i seen that some are even emptying bottles of french wine into the street :mrgreen: Man that wine spilling will just about cheese em right off seeing there love for wine......lol.

Btw no more bottles of evian water for me :)

Keith

Yeah it isn't exactly like the French were liked here anyways.

Gee let's see we are goign to listen to a country that gets most of its oil from Iqar, no wonder they are going to veto any resolution agasint Iraq.

Eh to hell with them. McDonald's is even thinking of changing the name of French fries to Liberty Fries.

We havnt been too keen on them over here for.............well lets just say for a while :mrgreen:

They even seem to be taking over our Football in some degree. Wayyy too many French players over here. :angry:

Keith

Seeing that news tho was kinda heartbreaking also as there was this American guy (sorry cant remember his name) who went and helped the french when they really needed help in the wars, and they sent him a certificate thanking him for his bravery, yet now bcus of how they are with this whole war on iraq, he is sending that certificate back. Good for him but shame on the French......how quickly they forget.

Keith

like a french??.......sorry you will have to translate that Randy ;):mrgreen:

Keith

When the French government cowered in front of Hitler, the French people joined the resistance and fought back...

Boycotting French products will only slow the economy, if it has any effect at all, and does nothing to stop the French government from being stupid.

Blimey ! I agree with Ax ! That's got to be a first :mrgreen:

The French peeps have had a long string of lousy goverments because lots of them can't be bothered to vote. It's so bad there that the neo-nazis were in with a chance of winning at the last elections. Your average Frenchman wouldn't pee on a politician if he was smokin'. :mrgreen:

Guest Deuces Wild

It may not hurt them (debatable), but it sure sends a signal to them on how we feel.

Heres a list in case anyone wants to know what the French products are

Bic (Razors, pens and lighters)

Club Med Vacations

Yoplait yogurt

Vivendi and its subsidiary Universal Studios (music, movies and Amusement parks)

Christain Dior

Michelin (tires and auto parts)

Marie Claire

Air Liquide

Veritas Group

Mephisto (shoes and clothes)

Moet (champange)

Perrier water

Evian (which is owned by a huge company Danone, which boasts of being No.1 in water, No1 in fresh dairy products and No.2 in cereal biscuits and snack crackers; brands include Aqua, Wahaha and Volvic waters, Dannon yogurt and LU biscuits and crackers)

Biotherm (cosmetics)

Jacobs Creek

Givenchy

Allegra (allergy medication)

Pierre Cardin

Peugeot (auto)

Alcatel

Renault (auto)

Bollinger (champagne)

Louis Vuitton

Hennesy

L'Oreal (health and beauty products)

Fina ( gas stations owned by the oil greedy French)

Hmmmm...Maybe we should send the Statue of Liberty back and put up our own statue of Uncle Sam... :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I have an old friend that is a WWII Vet, fought in Normandy. He says he can't believe the French are acting this way, they use to almost mug Americans in the street trying to be friendly. Recently his son and daughter in law ended a vacation to France early becaue they were being treated so rudely, and started feeling uncomfortable. He said all you hear over there is how much they hate Americans and the USA.

We don't need them, we've developed our own Truffles nicely, thank you :mrgreen:

As has been said before, "How quickly they forget!!"

The French peeps have had a long string of lousy goverments because lots of them can't be bothered to vote.

Now, does that sound familiar or what?

Almost half of eligible American voters don't bother to vote. That's what? 80 to 100 million people? That's sad...

Your average Frenchman wouldn't pee on a politician if he was smokin'. :mrgreen:

I think that might be better changed to your average person... :mrgreen:

And your right Ax. I irks me to no end to think that if the non-voting people in this country came up with their own party, they could win by landslides. I have an uncle, and he's always complaining about this or that with the gov. Be he doesn't vote! If you ask him why not, he'll say that it wouldn't make any difference. Well sure, if it was only him that didn't vote, yet still! Too many people say that someone else will do it, and that their vote won't do anything anyway. Our forefathers fought to get this right, other people are fighting to get this right, and here we are abusing it!

I really hate the French are'nt goint into Iraq with us. :(

We could have sent them in 1st, to show the Iraqis how to SURRENDER!! ;)

I really hate the French are'nt goint into Iraq with us. :(

We could have sent them in 1st, to show the Iraqis how to SURRENDER!! ;)

:cheers:

That joke never gets old :lol:

He said all you hear over there is how much they hate Americans and the USA

I have been to France 3 times so far. I have relitives there as my Stepfather is from France.

We were always told to make sure that we have our "Canadian" flag pin on our jacket so the french people would not mistake us for "Americans".

I have NO idea why the majority of French people dislike Americans. I think they are a "funny" breed over there, cause if I remember correctly they don't like "the british" either.

Talk about discrimination and racism. It really bugz me when people are "labeled" because of where they are from, what color they are, etc....

However, IMO , it is kinda no diferent that this Iraq thing. People hate saddam, and it seems they must hate the people of Iraq too, because of him, if they are willing to have them all killed.

There are many times I have heard...... :censored: Iraq people. Yet it is not ALL Iraq people that are bad.

I am not sure about there in the States, but I know alot of families here in BC that are Afganistan or Iraqiun(?) have been TOTALY "isolated" from society. Alot of these people were born in Canada, and have NO afilation with sadam or binlanden....and they "hate" sadam and binlanden just as much as we do. Yet because of their "ancestories" .....they are hated....

It is like during WW2, here in Canada and the States ( I believe)

they put Canadian Citizens and American Citizens in inturnment camps because they were Jappanese. Women, children, elderly and men. They were all considered potential spys and sabateurs. (yup, that 3 month old baby is REALLY dangerous)

Yet the majoraty of them probably would have "fought" right by our troops sides, because they WERE/ARE Canadians/Americans. But once again it was because of their ancestories and heritage.

So you see, IMO, it is not only the french that are this way.

I remember correctly they don't like "the british" either.

Yep thats right and the feelings goes the other way also as we are not too keen on them.....lol.

Keith

A couple of thoughts for the French government...

An estimated 4 million Americans went to France last year. If they spent an average of just $2,000.00 each, that comes to $8 billion. $4,000.00 each would be $16 billion, and $8,000.00 each would be $32 billion. If Americans decide they don't like France, they may decide not to go there anymore. Considering the population of both countries and the total number of tourists from each, 1.6% of French people come to the US, and 1.0% of Americans go to France.

According to the CIA World Fact Book, the US exports 7% of it's products to France, and France exports 9% of it's products to the US. US exports are estimated at $723 billion, and 7% of that is $50 billion. France's exports are estimated at $293 billion, and 9% of that accounts for $26 billion.

Can you afford to lose doing business with the US?

they veto you once and everyone jumps on the bandwagon. I think it is distasteful to boycott french products because they are not picking sides. The even worse thing is the way you guys jump down their throat's, they are not making a SH!TTY decision to send all of their troops to go and slaughter Iraqi's. honestly I have got to commend France for not siding with the states, the hardest choices are usually the right ones and they are not going along with the popular decision. Someday you'll thank the french!!!