Sign in to follow this  
The1PatO

Our So Called Allies...

yeah, it did. the u.s. didn't enter, however, until 1941 or possibly 1942, as the attacks on Pearl Harbor were on December 7. likely somebody here knows more than i do on the subject

Edited by The1PatO

yeah, it did. the u.s. didn't enter, however, until 1941 or possibly 1942, as the attacks on Pearl Harbor were on December 7. likely somebody here knows more than i do on the subject

all depends on what you mean by entering as our enemies tend to think we entered we started bankrolling europe/Russia Edited by one2gamble

If I recall correctly, F.D.R. declared war on the Japanese Empire in 1941 and Hitler declared war on the US shortly after. (BIG mistake)

Hawk :beer:

If I recall correctly, F.D.R. declared war on the Japanese Empire in 1941 and Hitler declared war on the US shortly after. (BIG mistake)

alright, 1941 it was then. and yeah, HUGE mistake on hitler's part :rolleyes: Edited by The1PatO

alright, 1941 it was then. and yeah, HUGE mistake on hitler's part :rolleyes:
well chances are we would have entered the war anyway even if he did not declare war...we would of mobilized fully to attack japan so it really was just a matter of him going YAY the US is finally in it entirely when he really had no choice

the title of that page translates from portugeese to english as "USA Special Forces in Afghanistan".

then it show's what appears to be u.s. operatives embedded with the pakistani military, pretty confusing that you named it "Spanish troops in Afghanistan".

Edited by The1PatO

Arf arf ....... no speaky Portuguese here matey ... I thought that I had eneded on a Spanish site for afghanistan while reading about the Madrid attrocities on a Spanish Euro news site ....still interesting pics ...and ZZtop beards ....

War's have started on less confusion I guess.....

(Edit ..must remeber to babel fish the headlines before posting ,,,next time )

Edited by Tankus

yeah, i love that guy's zz top beard there, i'll bet it strikes fear into the hearts of terrorists everywhere :lol:

US Declared war upon Japan on December 8, 1941.

In Europe during the later half of 1939--the war was called the Phony War in Britain.

A country allied with the United States is not an enemy just because they fail to march in "lock step" with George W. These countries are still our allies---they just have a world view that extends beyond the borders of the United States.

Mr Bush is very provincial in his thinking and tends to have his head in the sand most of the time---and this exposes his best side of course---however he has managed to ruin most of the foriegn policy put into place over the previous years since WW II. REally makes us Yanks look bad to the rest of the world.

Dwight D Eisenhour had the national debt paid off in the budget year 1957, and the country was enjoying a period of prosperity at the time---last time we were debt free too.

:)

As I read the original post, it basically pointed out that any of our so-called allies....Greece in this case, will talk bravely against anything that we, the Americans, do, be it right or wrong. Then, when they need help, they call NATO..or as I usually spell NATO...U S of A. I do think that the USA sticks it's nose into other countries' business way too often and too soon. But, do NOT ignore us and then call us for help.

Being from one of the "so called allied" countries, Canada I can appreciate Greece's situation in asking for help, after all they do still provide troops for NATO. But then again, does the USA really want to support a country that really has no respect for them? My way of thinking is this...the USA has obviously done some things that Greece objects to, not helping provide security for the Olympics would only further part the relationship; for the sake of diplomacy I think the US should help. Of course it is their right to or not to help, so if they wanted to send a message to the world that they are ____holes then by-all means, don't help.

I think helping would be the "right" thing to do, it would show alot of class...we'll see though.

Well no matter what the US decides to do,, one things for sure...

Its going to be a nightmare of a security detail to keep those games safe.

how is it a loss to remove a dictator and his two worthless rape happy sons from power GB?

By doing so illegally.

Noone disputes the fact that Saddam was a butcher, although the jury is still out on whether Iraq is a better place now with Bush taking his spot.

The real crisis is not in Iraq, but rather in the US, where the constitution has been battered mercilessly in the name of a false war falsely declared by a false administration.

I

Although Britain is an 'itty bitty' group of islands in comparison to the power of the USA, we share one common problem. That of how growing sections the electorate feel about their current administration. The British have no problem with going to war over moral issues, but we feel that we were misled by our government about why our young men and women needed to die, and what the cause really was. So strong is the feeling that we were conned, that it may bring down our existing government. We are justifiably proud of our Armed Services, and courage is never in short supply, but morale is suffering. There are a number of forces and ex-forces web sites in Britain that debate (in very blunt Anglo Saxon) these issues, and although the job will get done, it's not the job they were sent to do in the first place.

V,

bit harsh in my opinion Iain!!

I know you're good in thought, but think about it: I'm plenty :filtered: and I'm Canadian.

PS This crap about Spain going weak-kneed is entirely without foundation. Spanish support for the US aggression against Iraq was predicated completely upon the Aznar administration's need for US backing of Spain's economy. 90% of the populace rejected Aznar's Iraq position prior to the Madrid bombings. Complicating matters, Spain is moorish in background.

Much the same as America failed to recognise Viet-Nam's history -- to their mutual detriment -- I see CNN citizens failing to respect Spaniards in all their complexities.

I

Unfortunately ...I see the same thing happening in London ,as in Madrid.... just before the UK elections possibly next May , with the same results being attributed for the wrong reasons ....?

"UK..... weak kneed surrender monkey's as well ? "

Blair's record in government is an absolute disgrace ...Education is in turmoil , transport , health , soon to be public service strikes , once the 40,000 civil servants start getting laid off , (They found out about the job cuts with no consultation in the budget speech )shady dealings within the government , immigration ,and stealth taxing....With the Iraq issue being used as a cover .."If you don't back me , you must be unpatriotic !"

The only thing going for it ,is a fairly stable appearing economy , but what is the true cost ...? And can anything that the government states as facts can be trusted anymore ...?

This is all apart from the terrorist problem ,and our leaders un-ceaseless need to be "seen" as a "world leader" ....If you want proof of the size of his ego check out all things "Dome " ..

But how would an attack be seen to twist a result ?

Edited by Tankus