Sign in to follow this  
YotaFish

Kernel Fault Check At Start Up

I recently noticed a new start up program running called Kernel Fault Check. I have never seen or heard of anything like this before. Can anyone tell me what it is ? Can I disable it ? Thank you all very much.

YotaFish

No.I'm using windows XP Pro. %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k This is what it looks like in the registry. :help: :help:

Edited by YotaFish

Thanx for moving the file to where its supposed to go Lulu. I ran both scans. One for the Trojans and the other for Trend Virus scan. Both came up negative. I also use Trojan Remover with a boottime scan and Norton AV 2003. OK. Where do we go from here? It looks like I'll have to format the HD for a change. It seems like I do that once a month. Its really easy when you've done it umpteen times like me. :mrwinky: Seriously, you know that nobody knows your computer like you and I just feel something strange here. When I reboot it takes forever to startup as oppossed to last week when everything went swoosh. Its slugish, I'm getting program errors in musicmatch jukebox. All this gives me the jitters. I love my machine and I feel terrible when its sick. Should I post a score ? Think that would help? OK. Here it is. I hope I did this correctly. http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?i...0AZAWHWGCMS0PQ3 Thank you again for you help Lulu.

Edited by YotaFish

The entries are gone. Thank you so much. I grovel at your feet. I'm not worthy of your kindness :laugh: If you ever need my expertise you can always count on me. Seriously, thanks a million. BTW. What was that stuff? I think one had something to do with Real Player but the other one I have no clue. Thank you again.

Be Well & Stay Healthy.

Sleepily YotaFish

Edited by YotaFish

The first entry was your main problem, it seems that after a lock up or hard shutdown, the memory dump got locked in a loop.

The second one is Netster :nospys:

Glad you got it resolved. ;)