Sign in to follow this  
Angela

Good For President Bush!

Someone should tell Bush what his rights are...

You have a right to remain silent. Anything you may will be held against you in a court of law...

Then maybe he wouldn't be so quick to say what everyone elses rights should be.

I still don't see marriage listed as a "right",, point it out for me will ya??

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#Am1

I already tried a few pages ago to show people that it isnt a right...

I'll tell you this much. If they do allow same sex marriages in the states they might as well just take "In God we trust" off their money. Because it is meaningless for them to do so.

ty

:lol:

so take it off the money it will still spend the same way as before. Athiests and non believers use the same currency it doesn't mean they believe in what it says, they aren't left with any choice in the matter of what it says on money, we have to use it to survive. Gay folks will still be spending it too married or not, religious references on it or not. Just wish I had a dollar for everytime gay marriage is mentioned in the media lately. I wouldn't have to work anymore :mrgreen:

I really despise the idea of gay marriages, not becuase I am homophobic, rather they alter the traditional meaning of marriage and it is not correct to do so. However I am very much for equal rights for all people and in this situation it is no different. I guess this is just the Facist side of Bush showing through, it is a very unfair and unjust practise of creating an elitist society and that is exacally what Bush is doing. he is suggesting gays are less deserving of constitutional rights then straight people. It is borderline Nazism.

I also believe that religion has no part whatsoever in politics and if reasons are being made becuase of religion then there are other problems with the political process.

You have a right to remain silent. Anything you may will be held against you in a court of law...

Silly questions for a silly question.

Is walking down the street listed as a right?

Is wearing your shoe's on the wrong feet listed as a right?

How about wearing a hat?

Is it listed as a right that I can have a mustache and beard?

Nope they sure are not, but I have the right to do those things if I so wish. It's called freedom. The right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That all men are created equal and deserve the equal protection under the law.

Not some men, not the men GW Bush decides, not the ones the religious right says are equal, but all men are equal, and all desreve the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. All men deserve equal protection under the law.

It's about explicitly writting discrimination into the Constitution. That goes against the very grain of the society we claim to be the "free" leader of the world.

Oh Boy! Here we go again :mrsgreen:

I aint read the whole post yet but this drew my attention

Angela Feb 24 And I recon I will deal with my God regarding my many sins.

So why not leave the rest of the world to do the same?

:)

Silly questions for a silly question.

Is walking down the street listed as a right?

Is wearing your shoe's on the wrong feet listed as a right?

How about wearing a hat?

Is it listed as a right that I can have a mustache and beard?

Nope they sure are not, but I have the right to do those things if I so wish. It's called freedom. The right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That all men are created equal and deserve the equal protection under the law.

Not some men, not the men GW Bush decides, not the ones the religious right says are equal, but all men are equal, and all desreve the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. All men deserve equal protection under the law.

It's about explicitly writting discrimination into the Constitution. That goes against the very grain of the society we claim to be the "free" leader of the world.

Your silly and confused Bruce,,and left with no other recourse I'll support ole man bush on this ban.

"In God we Trust" was a recent addition to our money and, IMO, a violation of the separation clause of the constitution. So if homosexual marriages means removing this from our money I now have 1 more reason to approve gay marriage rights.

I think it has been said before but just in case. There is no right to marriage. There is a right to equal treatment under the law. If a heterosexual couple can marry then equal treatment would demand that a homosexual couple can also.

"In God we Trust" was a recent addition to our money and, IMO, a violation of the separation clause of the constitution. So if homosexual marriages means removing this from our money I now have 1 more reason to approve gay marriage rights.

I think it has been said before but just in case. There is no right to marriage. There is a right to equal treatment under the law. If a heterosexual couple can marry then equal treatment would demand that a homosexual couple can also.

Not in my way of seeing it,, marriage is for man and woman,, not man and man or woman and woman.

And in god we trust has squat to do with it.

I hate Bush. Really I do. But This has to be the best thing he has done. Seriously.

I havent gone through the whole thread, but if religion doesnt have anything to do with marriage and you choose not to have it influence you, then hey, lets all take off our clothes, go out on the streets and have no moral values at all. Morals, like it or not, are all originated from religion. If it isnt for religion, its just a persons personal opinion on whats right and whats wrong.

Lets hope Bush continues on supporting this.

Your silly and confused Bruce,,and left with no other recourse I'll support ole man bush on this ban.

On which part am I silly and confused?

The part about all men are created equal?

The part about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

Or the part about we all deserve equal protection under the law?

Or perhaps the part that not everything we do and say is "explicitly" listed as a right but we are free to do them anyways?

if you can show me where or how allowing two people of the same sex to marry, would "infringe" on your rights, your freedoms, or your ability to marry the person of "your" choice. Then I might consider supporting a "law" but not amendmanets to the constitution.

You see that isn't the problem though, quite the opposite, it is a problem that such an amendment would infringe on the rights of others to to make those same choices for themselves.

I hate Bush. Really I do. But This has to be the best thing he has done. Seriously.

I havent gone through the whole thread, but if religion doesnt have anything to do with marriage and you choose not to have it influence you, then hey, lets all take off our clothes, go out on the streets and have no moral values at all. Morals, like it or not, are all originated from religion. If it isnt for religion, its just a persons personal opinion on whats right and whats wrong.

Lets hope Bush continues on supporting this.

I think the individuals ability to determine right from wrong was in place long before some old boy decided to sit down and pencil the Bible. Morals pre-date christianity and therefore do not originate from religion ;)

As for walking down the street nekkid! Weren't you one of those gagging to visit Kylie in Australia?

Marriage (holy matrimony) is a religious act. As such, it should be left to the churches to determine who can and who can't be married. I don't hear all this fuss about the Catholic church refusing to marry divorcees etc... Civil unions however, are a union of 2 people carried out by representatives of the state and should not be confused with the religious act. That said, the government should recognise both unions equally in law.

True the Bible was not there from the start, but there was religion since man could think sensibly. About all people being equal, we also get that from religion. And I do not consider myself as religios as I would want to be so I am not perfect.

True the Bible was not there from the start, but there was religion since man could think sensibly. About all people being equal, we also get that from religion. And I do not consider myself as religios as I would want to be so I am not perfect.

Oh you mean way back in the good old days :P

Sacrifice a virgin here, toss a baby on the fire there.....

Truth is, there will always be a top dog and it will be him/her that defines what is and what isn't right.

darkwave,

Well if all people are equal why should we do anything but treat them that way?

Edited by Bruce

darkwave,

Well if all people are equal why should we do anything but treat them that way?

They should be treated equally but if they start doing things which will effect everyone else adversely (In my opinion) then theres a problem.