Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Pro-us

The Story So Far......

All '11 million' Iraqis recently voted for Saddam as President of Iraq. That could only happen under a dictatorship. The free peoples of the world will owe the U.S, the U.K and anyone else that helps, a huge debt of gratitude when Saddam is overthrown. In recent history, alliances of the world's free peoples have overthrown other dictatorships; Hitler in Germany, Mussolini in Italy, various warlords, Milosovic in the Balkans and the Taliban in Afghanistan. Dictatorships are quiet easy to spot, generally identified by heaps of stiffs, representing the indigenous populations, left lying around on street corners. Schoolchildren advancing with fixed bayonets whilst singing the dictator's favourite song is another good indicator. Democracy doesn't favour dictators and we that live within it periodically swap our leaders for new ones whenever we think the old ones are getting a bit slap-happy. Under a dictator, such as Saddam, this option is unavailable. I hope that we can remove him ,without loss of any lives except those of him and his henchmen, and that his regime is soon added to the long list of dead dictatorships. Should a dictatorship ever install itself in my country I would be most pleased if the free peoples of the world would come and rescue us. You can rest assured that, should it ever happen in yours, we will be on hand to rescue you. That's the brotherhood of democracy and all the other issues, oil, faith or whatever are just trappings. When Saddam is done with there are other dictators deserving our combined attentions and I look forward to seeing you all there. :)

:cheers: moon.

We had two similar convos...if you want another debate, sure, I'll take you up on it.

It is a fact that the US could really use inexpensive oil from the middle east. As the worlds leading oil guzzeler, we need it. But this isn't about oil (its a nice perk that the Iraqis will probably give it to us cheaper though). I really don't want to sit around to wait and see what happens. Saddam is a dangerous man. Just recently (my internal clock is messed up) Saddam said that he would not destroy his missles. Dangerous man, super-powers threatening him to disarm, he says he won't. Isn't that a little odd for someone wanting peace? How about his setting up SAM sites in no fly zones and the Iraqi military shooting at our planes and Britain's planes? Still a little odd for someone wanting peace.

He just plays the whole "I want peace" bit to manipulate the minds of the various anti-war protestors who don't actually think about the whole situation. What's really funny is the bit of footage I saw about the people going to Iraq voluntarily to act as human sheilds and one of the guys was saying something about how Saddam using them wrongly won't happen :huh:

Technically, I've been working on a political science degree but I've found myself disillusioned with people in general. It seems that they'll readily complain about politicians lying to them, but when it comes to believing what they want to believe, it's as if the enemies of their enemies are automatically truth-telling fairies. It's maddening that people don't actually think critically about their own positions on things.