Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Pro-us

The Story So Far......

Guest Pro-us

1.BUSH SNR told Saddam it was ok to invade Kuwait to give him an excuse to invade Iraq.

This was done to give Bush SNR an excuse to install troops in Saudi Arabia (largest oil reserves in the world.)

2.NOW Bush JNR wants to invade Iraq to steal the Iraqi oil.(second largest oil reserves in the world.)

After this war there will be a HUGE US presence in the most strategically important area in the world - the middle east. (according to EX-President Eisenhower.)

3.Keep the people of America in fear of terrorism to distract them from 1 and 2. Launch a multi -billion dollar PR campaign to convince people Saddam is evil!

At the end of the 2 gulf wars the US will be influencial of the FIRST and in control of the SECOND largest oil reserves in the world.

Anyone who thinks this is a coincedence has led a very sheltered life.

Pro I think it's all a ruse. Whats really going to happen is we are going to invade Canada to gain control of thier stategic moose reserves :mrgreen::mrgreen:

:welcome:

Anyone that thinks Sadaam is NOT evil, has led more than a sheltered life, they have had their head where the sun don't shine. :huh:

Uncle SADDAM ain't evil he's just a poor guy mentally disturbed by his childhood memories! :mrgreen::bang: :beer: :beer:

:nospys::nospys:

Guest Pro-us

Saddam's evil but he is a mere pawn.

His evil has been publicized to allow US troops to occupy Saudi Arabia which by an AMAZING COINCEDENCE just happens to have the most oil in the world.

Also US arms sales have increased greatly to his neighbours and we were selling arms to saddam himself not so long ago.

If this really was a war of liberation we would also be getting rid of Robert Mugabe who is WORSE than Saddam to his own people in Africa.

If this really was a war of liberation we would lift the sanctions so the Iraqis could repair their water purifiers so they could drink disease free water.

Guest Donna

Pro I think it's all a ruse. Whats really going to happen is we are going to invade Canada to gain control of thier stategic moose reserves :mrgreen::mrgreen:

:welcome:

Hey, You leave our moose alone. I might just have to send a flying squirrel after you. :blink:

Given that Presidents spend their Presidency planning for next election or their library (if in their second term) I am amazed that Bush Sr. was able to plan this out and that the entire rest of the wrld did not see through this plan.

As for sanctions and water purification. I am sure you are right. Sadam has been chompin at the bit to get sanctions removed so that he can purify the water and bring peace, health, a higher standard of living, and prosperity to his people. I am sure that it was just poor planning that munitions and rebuilding of palaces was started first.

Oh & :welcome:

Pro-us, talk to some Iraqis that have escaped from Iraq. Saddam murdered his own daughters and sons-in-law having tempted them back after they escaped. As for oil reserves, there is no way that the rest of the world ( which is a considerably large and powerful place) would allow the US and the Brits to monopolise middle-eastern oilfields. Once Saddam is no more, the UN will ensure that Iraqis benefit from their own natural resources, something Saddam has declined to contemplate.

Pro-us, talk to some Iraqis that have escaped from Iraq. Saddam murdered his own daughters and sons-in-law having tempted them back after they escaped. As for oil reserves, there is no way that the rest of the world ( which is a considerably large and powerful place) would allow the US and the Brits to monopolise middle-eastern oilfields. Once Saddam is no more, the UN will ensure that Iraqis benefit from their own natural resources, something Saddam has declined to contemplate.

:tup::tup:

As for sanctions and water purification. I am sure you are right. Sadam has been chompin at the bit to get sanctions removed so that he can purify the water and bring peace, health, a higher standard of living, and prosperity to his people. I am sure that it was just poor planning that munitions and rebuilding of palaces was started first.

Doesn't everyone know that Saddam is really just trying to give his people what they need? I'm sure he gives a darn about pure drinking water for the people. Try looking at what he does. When we send aid, you know where it goes? To him and his military. When we lift sanctions, you know where it's gonna go? To his military. You know what's going to change for the Iraqi people? Nothing much, except maybe worse living conditions.

1.BUSH SNR told Saddam it was ok to invade Kuwait to give him an excuse to invade Iraq.

This was done to give Bush SNR an excuse to install troops in Saudi Arabia (largest oil reserves in the world.)

2.NOW Bush JNR wants to invade Iraq to steal the Iraqi oil.(second largest oil reserves in the world.)

After this war there will be a HUGE US presence in the most strategically important area in the world - the middle east. (according to EX-President Eisenhower.)

3.Keep the people of America in fear of terrorism to distract them from 1 and 2. Launch a multi -billion dollar PR campaign to convince people Saddam is evil!

And why do you think this is about oil? If he was seriously interested in oil, do you think he would have become president? No wait, he was really the one behind 9/11 so that he could have a reason to go over there, right?

I bet $10, that when you heard and saw what happened to the WTC towers, you said something to the effect of "I wanna kill those :censored: didn't ya? Do you really think Bush would trigger something like this just for oil?

I get tired of hearing that the Bush's are just in it to further their oil business. No one, except muslims, come to the thought of war easily, much less to make money.

A sidethough: If he really was after approval ratings, then why would he chance war?

You know, no one ever said "Well Clinton just wanted to be president to further his screwing business and play his sax for a higher crowd."

O yeah :welcome:

I bet $10, that when you heard and saw what happened to the WTC towers, you said something to the effect of "I wanna kill those  didn't ya? Do you really think Bush would trigger something like this just for oil?

The WTC (World Trade Center 1990's) and the (twin towers 21st century) have absolutely diddly squat to do with Kuwait!!

Just so happens Kuwait was 10 years before 9/11. :mrsgreen: Kuwait was the reason we ever went there in the first place, the UN sanctions that were imposed were a direct result of that conflict, and now we are going back to enforce those sanctions and resolutions. So if we are going there because of 9/11 or the WTC then we are going to the wrong place for the wrong reason. Last I knew the proposed war on Iraq, is becasue they failed to meet the resolutions that were placed on them after a war that happened more then a decade ago because they invaded Kuwait.

If we are going there because of 9/11 or the WTC then someone better explain why we are pushing the UN for support on enforcing UN resolutions, that are a direct result of them invading Kuwait.

I think too many people are confusing the two issues. They are in fact two distinct and seperate issues, that deal with two very different and distinct lunatics. Bin Laden is not the president of Iraq. Saddam is not the leader of Al Quida, they are two different people and two different issues stop mixing them up. Both of which are responsible for two seperate and distinct events in history. The WTC is a thrid and seperate issue!

A sidethough: If he really was after approval ratings, then why would he chance war?

Because he has done absolutely nothing else since in office that he could possibly get an approval for. :mrwinky: Unless a 300 billion dollar budget spending defecit that our children will be paying for, or highest unemployment rate since his father was in office is something that should garner approval then I just don't see much more that he can do other then seek attention by starting a war.

Thank God it will be his last term in office!

I think the veiws of the thread starter are a bit out in left field, but it bothers me more when the issues are clouded over, and the proposed war on Iraq is mixed up with the twin towers.

It is not about the 9/11 or the WTC, it is about Kuwait, and UN resolutions.

It's not about Kuwait either...this whole cat fighting in the middle east started with 9/11.

It's not about Kuwait either...this whole cat fighting in the middle east started with 9/11.

It did??

I thought it all started about 55 years ago!! Actaully longer then that but most of our involvement in the region can be associated with the creation of the Isreali State after WW2. Saddam don't have much to do with the other issues, his religious beleifs are not the same as the beliefs of the islamic terrorists blowing up the world one cafe' at a time.

If this is about 9/11 then we need to go to the UN and apologize for wanting to start a war under false pretenses!! Last time I watched the news, the secretary of state, secretary of defense, and president were all talking about UN resoltions, imposed after Iraq invaded Kuwait.

Pro-us...first you said this:

3.Keep the people of America in fear of terrorism to distract them from 1 and 2. Launch a multi -billion dollar PR campaign to convince people Saddam is evil

then, you said this:

Saddam's evil but he is a mere pawn.

Is he or isn't he, make up your mind.

Do you think we really landed on the moon, or was that all a ruse to.... :blink:

I gotta agree with Bruce about WTC and UN sanctions over Kuwait being two different things, and this is about the UN Resolution being ignored. WTC may have been the proverbial "straw", but the so called "cat fighting" over there is timeless.

I am curious about this "I get tired of hearing that the Bush's are just in it to further their oil business. No one, except muslims, come to the thought of war easily, much less to make money."

I am wondering which muslims have come to the thought of war easily? Surely you are not suggesting that Saddam represents Muslims? Which other Muslims have started a war of aggression in recent history? Hitler's Germany no, maybe Tojo's Japan no, Vietnam, Korea ? Or is it now adequate to label a person, country, religion and accept it as true?

I never said that one person represents the whole of Muslims. Have you ever read the Koran? The msulims are called to go to war and kill those whom they cannot convert.

And Bruce, I meant with us now. If you really want to go back, it started before Christ. What I mean is the crap that has been happening. We know each other's stances on this from previous threads, so I don't really want to rehash all we've said to each other...do you? :blink::mrgreen:

WTC and 9/11 are not one and the same!!

WTC, as in the World Trade Center! Remember? It was a Van full of explosives. That was the 1990's!

9/11 was flying airplanes into the Twin Towers.

The two events seem to be talked about by many as if they are the same event. Either folks are confusing the two, or I am not understanding what some folks are talking about. They say the WTC on 9/11, well the WTC was not bombed on 9/11, that happened almost a decade ago.

The UN resolutions against Iraq are a third, completely seperate thing. Having nothing to do with the other two events. The resolutions are a direct result of Iraq invading Kuwait 12 years ago. Those resolutions were well in place before the Twin Towers incedent.

Sorrrry...no need to get hostile...I still don't want to get into again...We've already had this same exact convo twice. :mrgreen:

I aint getting hostile?

I don't remember pointing out in any other thread the things that I am saying here?

Guest Deuces Wild

You registered today to post that? :rolleyes:

So you think we are going to war for cheap oil? That may be France's motive in trying to block our actions. We could have easily taken Iraq and the oil fields during the Gulf War. We could do it now. You are falling into the trap of the mindless protestors when you make such assertions that this is war is all about oil.

Where does the US buy their oil from?

Year 2000 figures:

Supplied Domestically 38.2 %

Canada 9.2 %

Saudi Arabia 8.0 %

Venezuela 7.8 %

Mexico 7.0 %

Nigeria 4.5 %

Iraq* 3.7 %

United Kingdom 2.9 %

Norway 2.4 %

Colombia 2.7 %