Sign in to follow this  
Newdles

Who Do You Think Is Leading The Pit?

im just curious who you guys think is beating the other in overall performance ( this is not a competition )

i was just curious as i have no clue how many members are active in folding and how many members are active in seti

oh... and by the way to all you seti @ home members... look :)

Posted Image

Edited by Newdles

I think folding is stronger....we have more people who have more powerful processors....and I think in general, more cpu's working

you know what would be interesting?...if we had all of the processors working for seti and folding work for folding for a week, and then work for seti for a week...just to see how much was accomplished :P

I think I agree with the folks in Hammers thread. SETI is great, I even ran it for about 3 years, but it is searching for an inprobable result. Even if aliens existed there are 2 possibilities.

1) they can't travel faster than light, so in all probability we will never meet them.

2) they can travel faster than light and are avoiding us for reasons we don't understand.

Either way, a cure for cancer sounds much more useful, IMHO.

And why only 1264 in the last 24 hours?

Probably the same reason our team has less than 50% of members actually running SETI........lazy gits!! :mrgreen:

Tim53819 - "not people like me, who have done it and stopped"- Guess who's not on my Chrimmy card list Tim!! :lol:

Probably the same reason our team has less than 50% of members actually running SETI........lazy gits!! :mrgreen:

Tim53819 - "not people like me, who have done it and stopped"- Guess who's not on my Chrimmy card list Tim!! :lol:

I still run it occasionally on my Pentium 150mhz machine 40mb ram lol but it gets no where fast

Lazy? Why look for little green men when you can cure cancer? Plus, as was stated before, if there is another lifeform out there, which there very well may be, they're probably WAY too far away to get here in their lifetime.