Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest reeBrelliM

"cableone" 580k Cable Modem Service...

Guest reeBrelliM

I have Cableone as my ISP, it's their 580K premium service (..also is their best service available at $60 a month :blink: )

Now, I had been using Windows 98 SE for a very long time, and there wasn't much that could be done to modify and speed up my connection. It's not the slowest connection in the world, but I know that it can be optimized and made to run much faster and more consistantly, too.

NOW, I have just recently formatted my HD, and for the first time I've loaded Windows XP Pro for my OS. It's not a bad OS, but there are many differences compared to '98 SE., but overall I really do like it.

I've noticed that with Win XP Pro, there is quite a lot of stuff that can be tweaked for the Network Configuration settings etc.. I'm not on a network though, just the coax cable running into my cable modem (Motorolla SB3100), then from my cable modem to my Realtek 10/100 Ethernet LAN card (which is in a PCI slot).

The burning question is this: What can I do to speed up my connection speed? What within Win XP Pro can be tweaked to make it faster? I've tried many software programs (Cablenut, TWEAKMaster, etc.) but none seem to do much of anything. Please let me know.

Thanks a million!!!!

Robin (a.k.a. reeBrelliM)

Guest reeBrelliM

Thanks guys!!! I surely do appreciate the help. ;)

Best Regards,

reeBrelliM