Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

volt

Anyone Heard?

Well good Volt, glad you feel better. :D

Now I have to go dig a tunnel to my chicken coop, though. Man I'm sick of snow! Spring where are you?!?

Farmgirl, glad to see ya' hon'. Thank the Lord that everyone is safe but it sounds like maybe you better have a good taste for chicken! :mrgreen:

Farmgirl, glad to hear your ok. I've been reading this everyday, to see if you have responded yet.

I guess the kids don't have school?? :( I know how disappointing that can be. My kids were home 14th-17th and 2 hour delay that Tuesday. Today, the sun shinned!! But, alas, we are to have more snow etc... So keep warm, and keep together. Again, glad to hear your ok. :)

Hiya Farmgirl !!!

So glad to hear you are ok. Maybe the chickens will help you out and tunnel & meet you halfway !?! *S*

Yes, children are what matters !!!

Hey Farmgirl,

Glad to hear that you are OK.

That part of WV does get it's share of snow and more sometimes.

I know that first hand as I grew up in Moundsville,WV.

Been gone from there for longer than you are old.lol.

You be careful in all that snow,now :)

bdj- you grew up in Moundsville?!? Wow, guess it's a small world after all. I guess you don't live here now, are you anywhere close or did ya make a full run for it? :mrgreen:

I actually grew up in Proctor, WV -moved over a few ridges when I got married and that got me a Moundsville address.

Yup, it's the kids that are important, we were only apart for 3 days and they were in great care with my parents, but that doesn't keep me from missing them anyway. So glad they're home.

Lindalou- school was cancelled the whole week, and might be longer if some of this snow don't melt. Being a mostly rural county, only so many roads are taken care of by the state and as of yet, school buses still can't travel most of them.

Actually our county has on had about 10 school days for the entire months of January and Feburary, half of those were 2 hour delays. I think we might have a record amount of school closings this year.

Hey Farmgirl,

To answer your question. I am no where close to Moundsville anymore.

Left there 35 years ago. I've been in southeast Virginia for more than 12 years now. What I miss most about WV is the people. Folks there were always friendly. :)

Yes, I do think West Virginia has the friendliest people in the states.

Well Mary, in the state of West Virginia, the law is children cannot be forced to attend school past June 7.

So they pretty much just got a shorter school year, this year. My son says- WOOHOO!

BTW: snow was supposed to melt yesterday, it didn't. Not only that, but it's snowing again! And I'm still snowed in from before. Aaarrrgh! :angry: