Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

volt

Anyone Heard?

hopefully she's just digging out and playing with the kids... :)

did you see the heartbreaking news in that story?

Local pizza establishments suspended delivery services as well

:(:mrsgreen:

I don't know where Farmgirl lives in West Virginia,either.

We have family in West Virginia and we heard from them yesterday.

They got a lot of ice, no snow. They were without electricity for a while on Sunday night.

Sure hope she's OK. :)

I think Rev Roy lives in the same area too, haven't heard from him either. Hmmm.... My mom lives near bristol, I think I'll try to call.....

Well ed1 is from W Va too and he posted early this morning. ah well maybe if she see's I'm a frettin she will check in!! :)

Rev Roy too for that matter :mrgreen: v

Rev-Roy lives quite a ways from West Virginia and here in Virginia where I live I can throw rocks at Tn and Ky but I don't (of course). There was lots of incredible snow amounts to the east and northeast of us but all we got was rain and floods (not too major) and most of Virginia has been declared in state of emergency (I guess to qualify for flood and storm damage help from Feds). I haven't heard from a friend in WVA about conditions but if I do I will get back in touch. I sure wouldn't worry (too much) about farmgirl, we know how creative the "Pitstoppers" are don't we. :mrgreen:

Virginia, W. VA. I thought they were in the same neighborhood, Got some relatives near Bristol, they said lotsa rain too. There next door neighbor works for the TVA (Elect. power) and he was sent to W.VA. for power outages

:P Thats how muCh snow we have here in jersey (storm of century) why don't you guys have a news headline for me!!!!???? HUMPH!

Bruce plowed snow for 24 1/2 hours straight! Running the front end loader for that amount of time was fine, but when I got in the truck and started driving home, things got a bit bothersome, I started falling a sleep on the highway, had to pull over twice, get out and walk around in the cold air to get my senses back.

Other than that all is fine, nothing out of the ordernary here, everything was open and going as usual. Boston usually closes allot of things, but that has more to with no where to put the snow then anything. There are allot of narrow streets in Boston, they actually have to "remove" the snow as plowing just won't do.

Just another day, we don't close the world up here because of a little white stuff.

:rolleyes:

We got lucky here in east ky, west of us in Lexington and east of us in WV got all of that ice and snow mess. It tried to ice a little early in the morning, but mostly flooding here. They were new cars floating down rivers from river side car dealers, if it had rained one more day it would have been really bad, not that it wasnt anyway.

I just got home after being stuck at my girlfriends since Fri!. I live in a suburb of Philla. PA. We got 24 inches here :woot::woot::woot: unreal! took me 2 days to get my car out, ( haven't been to work yet this week) the snow was over the roof of my car ( thanks in part to the plow trucks).

But speaking of plow trucks, Bruce, rock on bro! I know that must have been Hell for you! That's a lot of hours to be fighting the snow!! I hope you slept well after that! :mrgreen:

Adam

Real glad ya made it home ok Adam!! now I still need to hear from Farmgirl,,she may be buried in them boonies!! :mrgreen: v

Heh heh heh, crazy ol' Volt, I am fine! And, I've been home from school all week ;):P

Wrong Adam,,but I am happy your safe!! :P:mrgreen: v

Good to know that all of you are ok. Hope to hear from Farmgirl.

NW IN has had it rather lucky snow-wise this season ( never know ... )

Heard S Indy got it pretty good last week.

I'm back!

Wow, you guys know how to make a gal feel good, wondering about little ol' me.

Well, have have been digging snow, and still am actually. So Volt was right, I was and still am buried in the boonies. :P

My house being down in the hollar, the snow didn't drift, so it's and even 3 1/2 feet, of course once you get up my driveway we had drifts over 6 feet.

Unfortunatly I didn't get to play in the snow with my kids until today. My husband and I went out for Valentines day dinner Saturday night and my kids spent the night at my parents, when we woke Sunday morning to go pick them up we were snowed in. The snow in my driveway was too deep to plow so we started digging. But the main roads were still snowed in as well. My parent's lane was finally cleared (it was 6 ft.) and my kids came home last night. That was the longest I had ever been apart from my kids, 3 days! I spoke to them on the phone everyday, but I still cried from missing them so bad. :D But they had fun, with Pappy, Grandma and my 4 younger sisters spoiling them. :mrgreen:

Anyway, most of the roads around here have at least one lane open. My driveway is still snowed in, we just have the path we dug out. Anyone know how long it takes to dig 3 1/2 feet of snow out of a 1/4 mile driveway? :mrgreen: You don't want to know, trust me.

Fortunatly, my husband parked his truck at the top of the driveway before all the snow, but our jeep is completely buried. One perfect mound of snow with two side mirrors sticking out from it. :D Can't get out the driveway anyway.

But this storm was pretty mild to some we had as a kid, I remember having the national guard dig us out a few times. Sometimes the snow's just to deep for a plow.

As for where I'm at, I'm just outside Moundsville, WV. I, right at the very bottom of the northern panhandle. Just a couple miles above the mason dixon line. Still buried in snow, but my kids are home, so I don't care. :mrgreen:

Thanks for everyone's concerns. :)