Sign in to follow this  
CowboyMike

Static In Speakers

I just started haven trouble with my speakers. They have static in them and do not know how to get rid of it. How do I get rid of it?

Yhanks

Mike

There can be a number of reasons why this is happening.

1.) your sound card might be having problems (rarely would this cause static tho)

2.) Your speakers might be goin out.

3.) Your plugin for the speakers might be wearing out.

4.) there is a short in the wires that lead to your speakers.

You can shake the cord and find the problem and rewire it, or get new speakers.

I just started haven trouble with my speakers. They have static in them and do not know how to get rid of it. How do I get rid of it?

Yhanks

Mike

double the little volume icon in the corner of the screen to open volume control.Mute cdrom,midi,and line in and you should notice that the static drops alot :mrgreen:

Yhanks

Mike

double the little volume icon in the corner of the screen to open volume control.Mute cdrom,midi,and line in and you should notice that the static drops alot :mrgreen:
That worked alot thanks! Now it only does it when I type or use the mouse. :shifty:

Definitely a hardware problem if it happens when you use the mouse and keyboard - make sure everyhting is plugged in all the way, there are no bent pins, etc.