Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

magog

Well Taking A Page Out Of Volt's Book

i agree with you on all parts magog, but stringing Tux up. How can you think such a thing ;):mrgreen: Im sorry to hear about the whole email problem you been getting from visiting the pit. Shame we have to loose you over it all, but well i can see where your coming from. We have lost some well respected members over the last few months bcus of the way things are becoming, and even if someone says its minimal compared to how many posts are actually made, its those posts which loose the respected members and thats not right at all. If things continue the way they seem to be going, then im guessing there may be a few more up and leave over it (me included tho i wouldnt be a loss). Anyway magog sorry to hear your having problems outside of the pit because of you being on the pit, thats not right in itself and it just goes to show what the place seems to becoming. Your not the 1st to say you has been harrased via email just bcus of coming to the pit.

All the best magog.

Keith

Guest DaveB

How unforunate that a person of this caliber has to feel the need to leave. :angry:

What is it with some folks? I know this sounds corney but.......

Don't we already have enough crap going on in the real world? Why bring it here I mean you can't even see the person how can you be mad or make remarks about something you can't see.

Hmmm drugged up youngins

When I was a kid we would never ever have talked to anyone in the maner that some kids do today. Did I take drugs nope, but when I sassed I got the belt

A little more wacks equals a little less sass

I know I know physic say a smack on the butt is a bad thing

hmm more teens and younger in or jails for major crimes, teen births way up, teen deaths on the rise

guess them there doctors where right :angry:

magog, I hate to see anyone leave and have enjoyed your input. I hope that you see in the overclockers forum that I don't edit or delete post, that is censorship and thats something I don't believe in. I am afraid we have a few members that no matter what I have ask them they continue to look at the world with blinders on. As volt said it is a bbs and as such we all have to have thick skin on occasions and take some members post like a grain of salt.

I also hated to see Jim Bailey leave, I will say though that in the pits defense members have no idea how much went on in the background. And if I look around now the poster that caused all the problem is no longer at the pit.

So with that said if you must go then go but the pit needs more members with your knowledge and willingness to help others. If you find yourself needing a bbs fix feel free to return.

Max

sorry magog i hate to see u leave but do what ya gotta as i see u have everyone`s support if you do leave hope to see u back soon

Well this isn't a street corner where the constitutional right to free speach and say whtever the hell someone wants applies, it is a private and usually very civil forum, with rules and regulations about posting and the treatment of other members. Editing and censorship are two different things.

It is the job of a moderator to warn the offender, to edit, and or delete offensive and abusive posts.

Censorship and enforcing the rules, that evry poster agrees to when they sign up are two very different and distinct things.

whats the point being a mod id you dont believe in editing and some form of censorship??

Keith

This is just my opinion, but here it is never the less... Censorship is preventing someone from speaking their piece. Editing posts to remove offensive content, insults, etc., is all part of moderating, and if you don't have moderating, you may as well not have any rules.

Come to think of it there is one good thing about gators.

They have tough skins.

Read the quote below,,you should have already but read it again.

The mods here are bound by the rules too,,if anyone see's something they feel is out of line,, contact a mod,,if you feel the mod didn't help then go to the next step and contact admin via email.

I see lots of things posted that I don't "personally" care for,,but I try for the most part to keep my feelings out of the moderating job,,hell yesterday on one thread It was all I could do to contain myself from doing some heavy handed moderating,,but sometimes with kids today its kinda hard for me to tell when they are being abusive to each other and when they are just kiddin each other. :)

So lets all try and be civil to each other,,we will never ever all agree with everything posted by others but being civil is not that hard to do,,and if you find that it is,,its time for you to leave. :) v

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this BB. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB.

Ya, Like I said before the mods and Admins do thier very best to take out all the bads tuff so we can get on with the good stuff. If i am feling down i usually come to the pit because i'll find a funny post or everyone is just having a flat out good time. But i mean when some of these guys come over and think its a joke to insult harass flame etc. someone thats just not right. I do get what magog is saying the pressure just keeps building and building up until finnaly you can't take it and its time to ay good-bye for good. :( I hope what ever it is you are doing now magog you are very happy and when you cool off come back to the pit and have a good time again like at the old pit