Sign in to follow this  
Minnie

Computer Stuck On Mute!

Help!! I have my computer stuck on mute and i have to have my sound so i can hear my music. :( I go to accessories and click volume control and my icon turns like it is gonna open "volume control" and then nothing happens! :angry: Anyone got any ideas????

Minnie, do you have the little speaker icon on your task bar? If you single click it, it should pop up. Check that 'mute' is not enabled. :)

Minnie, do you have the little speaker icon on your task bar? If you single click it, it should pop up. Check that 'mute' is not enabled. :)

No it's gone..i used to have one their but i cannot find it no more! :mrsgreen:

:welcome: Minnie!!!

I would recommend closing as many programs as possible and then see if you can get some sound. If that does not work It might be a driver problem.

:welcome: Minnie!!!

I would recommend closing as many programs as possible and then see if you can get some sound. If that does not work It might be a driver problem.

That did not work either... :erm:

Go to your control panel and double click the Sounds and Multimedia icon. Put a check next to Show volume control on the taskbar. Click Apply, then OK. The icon should show up on the task bar. If it doesn't, reboot and look for it once Windows has reloaded. Then check that it hasn't been muted. :)

Go to your control panel and double click the Sounds and Multimedia icon. Put a check next to Show volume control on the taskbar. Click Apply, then OK. The icon should show up on the task bar. If it doesn't, reboot and look for it once Windows has reloaded. Then check that it hasn't been muted. :)

the box is checked and i rebooted and no icon still

you can also go to find files and folders, search for volume control, and check it there..

I found it that way and i clicked to open it and it again tries to open it but does not do anything....