Sign in to follow this  
olivermax

Bootable Ubuntu USB for Installation

Got the Ubuntu LiveCD ISO on my Windows 7 PC. How can I make a bootable USB for installation? I simply copied the ISO to USB but it is not recognized as a bootable device.

On 7/29/2019 at 1:59 AM, nigsy said:

You need this little tool:

https://rufus.ie/

They will create a bootable USB.

Rufus does do a great job with this,as i have used it twice to create a bootable USB.I am only interested in tools that actually help.Like the ones above.

Edited by Tx Redneck
removed link that the quoted post did not contain.

On 8/5/2019 at 10:26 AM, Applisd said:

Rufus does do a great job with this,as i have used it twice to create a bootable USB.I am only interested in tools that actually help.Like the ones above.

Unfortunately, the USB is not recognized as bootable device after burning with Rufus

18 hours ago, olivermax said:

Unfortunately, the USB is not recognized as bootable device after burning with Rufus

https://www.androidphonesoft.com/resources/create-windows-7-bootable-usb.html

Has not been recognized?Have you set it to the first boot device on BIOS?By rights,Rufus is pretty good at this.In other words,other burners can do this.

Edited by Applisd

On 8/7/2019 at 9:39 AM, olivermax said:

I must confess I've used Rufus for years and never had an issue. I would try a different USB, make sure it has more than the required 4gb and check in Rufus its definitely burning as iso, this should be the default anyway. 

There may be other issues here such as your pc not supporting USB boot ups, or UEFi bios which means in the list of drive options you need to look for the USB entry that's states secure boot or UEFi boot, not just the one listed as USB.