RainThunder7

Connection times out, on one specific site

I have recently been experiencing difficulties accessing a specific website. It is important that I can access the site. It takes a little while to load, only to give me the error message saying that the connection has timed out. My friend owns this site, so I have spoken to them about it and they can't seem to find a problem on their end. One of our other friends had the same problem as me, though. 

As far as I can tell right now, it has something to do with my connection. I am using Google Chrome on Windows 7. I've tried this in Firefox and Internet Explorer, only to get the same results. Accessing the site on my phone has the same result, except when I disconnect from my WiFi - this is what led me to figure out it has something to do with the internet connection as a whole. 

I've tried a number of troubleshooting tips regarding connectivity, and I can't seem to get any of these to work. Some of them are things I don't really understand so I can't even complete them, let alone start. As far as I can tell, nothing has changed in the time this error began. 

If you're familiar with your router's admin panel, hop into it and change your DNS provider to Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 1.0.0.1 or Google 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4, then hop on your pc and open a command prompt As Admin, type ipconfig /flushdns Now try to access the site again.

Well then, that's disappointing and is the only idea I had. I'd experienced a similar problem a while back that was rectified by the steps I stated. Hopefully someone w/more networking know how can chime in.

Tx

I have finally managed contact with my ISP. It sounds like it may be an issue of the modem not putting out access to IPv6, so a replacement modem is needed. I will return to this thread if that does not fix the issue. 

That's awesome and glad it was a reasonable simple fix.

Tx :)