Sign in to follow this  

Hey all,

I have a 16GB PNY microSD that I had been using in a Samsung J1. That phone broke and I put the SD card into a new Alcatel phone. All good for a few weeks, then suddenly it says the card is corrupt.

Does this mean I've likely lost all my photos (800+) that were on the card? Any chance of putting the card in lappy with adapter to pull the pics and save them?

Thanks much!

It's possible, try Photorec and I recommend setting up Google Photos on your android device and have it set to auto backup your pics when on wifi. This will save your bacon in the future and is free.

Thanks Tx, I'll check it out. And definitely going to set up Google photos.

Couldn't find any app called Photorec in play store. Most other info I find from Google search says to do via pc, but I don't have access to pc at the moment.

Not sure if this happened because of just taking the SD card from my broken Galaxy J1 (shattered screen) and just putting it in this new phone. Never formatted it, but no way to back up photos either.

Oh well...

Ahh, sorry, it's a pc application. You'll have to be able to put it in a reader in/on a pc. Sorry for the lack of clarity.