PJ5344

Error message when running PC Pitstop OverDrive

I have tried to run the PC Pitstop OverDrive test at least 20 times and it will not run. I've gone to troubleshooting and reset everything to conform with what the requirements are and I still get an error message that says no session in Progress (see screen shots attached). It did not time out or take anywhere near the 20 minutes.

Then I went to try to debug. When I click on the link, it DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I NEED this program to run for a job I'm applying for and it won't work.

Any suggestions.

no session in progress 6-4-19 mdfd.jpg

times for PC scan.jpg

Hey PJ5344 and  :wp:

Sorry for the inconvenience bud. We're aware and actively investigating this issue. 

Thanks for your patience, 

Tx :) 

16 hours ago, Tx Redneck said:

Hey PJ5344 and  :wp:

Sorry for the inconvenience bud. We're aware and actively investigating this issue. 

Thanks for your patience, 

Tx :) 

OK, yes, also eagerly waiting for some solution for this ...

The most probable phase to get this test cut is, just after Drive Health / Sending Results to ...

Edited by PeteV

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:16 PM, PeteV said:

OK, yes, also eagerly waiting for some solution for this ...

The most probable phase to get this test cut is, just after Drive Health / Sending Results to …

Yes, the problem still existing also on a brand new Windows 10 Home / IE11 v1903 installation.

And , tested also with Windows Defender Virus Scan and Firewall both on and off!

What on earth is causing this long lasting nuisance on this ...

Addition 10.06.2019:

IE11 has always been run as regular Administrator.

The cut is taking place from 5-10secs on, but mostly at less than 3mins time from test start, after the Drive Health phase.

Addition 13.06.2019

One more note, there will not be any difference processing all this with IE11 as a regular user Administrator, but also logging in as a super Administrator opening it by  -> cmd -> net user administrator /active:yes , and back /active:no  (Note! administrator by your own language, and hopefully it do not have any unknown password ...).

Edited by PeteV

Hello, anybody home!

What's the status solving this problem/nuisance for me and also many others ...

Edited by PeteV

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 2:22 PM, PeteV said:

Hello, anybody home!

What's the status solving this problem/nuisance for me and also many others …

Please, here you have the PC Pitstop OverDrive Test failing workarounds!

In the meantime waiting for the correction of the OverDrive No Session problem, you may try this, sorry, quite laborous workaround procedures! For ex. on Windows 10 v1809 10.0.17763.615 .

Start OverDrive with IE11
-> http://www.pcpitstop.com/default.asp -> Free Tools -> Free Scans -> Legacy Scans -> OverDrive Free Analysis

On the login page you may also try starting the test anonymously without logging in, but then the results will not be saved anywhere, and thus may not be too applicable now on this
-> Run OverDrive anonymously -> Don't create an account
   or, if seen the another link
-> Test this system

But, after logging in regularly begin the test with
-> Scan this system Now!
-> Let's Go!

If OverDrive starting, so far OK

But, if not and No Session window appear
-> Reverse 1 window back into -> Let's Go!
-> Refresh window or F5

-> Let's Go!
Note! This may have to be done 1-2-3+ times!

If OverDrive starting now, so far OK

Later very close to the test end after Drive Health/Sending results to, if No Session window appear
-> Reverse 2 windows' back into -> Scan this system Now!
-> Refresh window or F5
-> Scan this system Now!
-> Let's Go!
Note! All this may have to be done 1-5-10+ times for a successful test!

When/if Almost There! window appear
-> Continue

If the Test Results Summary window appear, so far OK

But, if not
-> Reverse 1 window back into -> Almost there!
-> Continue
Note! May have to be tried 1-2-3+ times!

If not at all successfully getting to the Test Results Summary window
-> Reverse 3 windows' back once again into -> Scan this system Now! and go on similarly as on Reverse 2 above

But, note! During these Reverse 2/3 procedures after the -> Refresh window you may also check on the Scan this system Now! window clicking the link on the right square of the machine's row, getting checked, if the test results despite all may anyway have reached the final phase and new results are already there! For this please, always write up some of the seen previous results for this machine to see, if the results are really new ones and not some previous, or maybe even older ones!

After this, if no new results

-> Reverse 1 window back once into  -> Scan this system Now! and go on similarly as on Reverse 2 above

And finally, after numerous patient retrials, if lucky enough … you may have and see the new actual Test Results there! Great! I have seen this happening many times ...

I hope this problem will very soon be solved the right way and disappearing totally!

Lucky test trials, especially in a hurry! lol, lol ...

Edited by PeteV