Sign in to follow this  
lse123

Not wanted delete this partition and wanted use it for Windows PC backup - the free/empty space on this

I have a [for Mac 10.7 Lion] ext HDD that has usb esata firewire interface slots... this before 6-mos I was using it for Time Machine backups....

Now I do Not wanted delete this partition and wanted use it for Windows PC backup [i have sold this old mac] - the free/empty space on this.... Is any way use the empty space as NTFS or FAT32 or exFAT partition.... ?

Also The File system on disk must be Mac because only used for Time Machine backups  ...

Edited by lse123

Hi;

Not 100% sure what you are trying to do but if I'm guessing correctly you want to keep the partition with 'Time Machine Backups' and then reformat the empty space for windows?

If that's the case it should be pretty straight forward as you can just reformat the free space to what ever you like (Providing the time machine backup is on it's own partition).

If not then save the backup image somewhere else and create 2 partitions on the drive...1 for your windows backup and another to reload the time machine backup into. Use Gparted to do this. Or Acronis software might let you partition the drive without copying out the Time machine data first (i'd still keep a second image up just incase)