Sign in to follow this  
lse123

Is the red squared RAM Samsung chip 1GB compatible with this PC so ADD IT TO THIS AND INCREASE RAM TO 4GB... ? SEE ATTACHMENT

I have an old PC intel core 2 quad

that having 4 DIMMs and has 3 chips of 1GB RAM  total 3 x 1GB = 3GB one of them is the green squared in the attached photo... Kingston

Is the red squared RAM Samsung chip 1GB compatible with this PC so ADD IT TO THIS AND INCREASE RAM TO 4GB... ? SEE ATTACHMENT

20190519_143611w1500px.jpg

It looks like it's 666mhz vs the top bein 800mhz,if I'm reading the labels correctly. If that's the case, your mobo will clock the rest of the ram to the slowest speed dimm in the board. 

But to answer your question, it should work. 

Thanks Tom, I didn't take the time to look up the specs, was just trying to decipher the label. 

This PC has HDD 150GB and plan to clone this in a SSD 240GB... 

Is this OK

?

Connect SATA internally the SSD [SSD has two partitions - was in a PC and removed]

Boot from Acronis CDROM Cloning/backup Media DVD

and clone the HDD to SSD... The data in SSD will get deleted Automatically.... and become one partition.

Choose shut down PC upon Finished... cloning.

Then when finish disconnect HDD and leave only SSD... In this case The SATA cable of HDD must connect it to SSD... to avoid boot problems ... correct???? is this scenario steps all OK... ????

I've never used Acronis so as for steps not sure. But it all makes sense. Two things I might do differently:

1. Make sure you have a separate backup of all your important data (Photos, files, music etc) before you try anything
  2. I would be tempted to reformat the SSD to a single partition before I did anything with it.

Also if you are going to dispose of the original HD make sure you wipe it correctly so any data is not recoverable. Personally I would add it back into the system as additional storage and reformat it.

cloning can result in data lost ... ? if power Not lost ...

Since data is max of 150GB C:/  (HDD 150GB C:/ capacity) i think in 20-30min will cloned....

1 hour ago, lse123 said:

cloning can result in data lost ... ? if power Not lost ...

No it shouldn't; but as with all things a good robust backup is essential. As I say; it's  only what I might consider to do differently.

ok

PC has also a 1TB E:/ HDD for Data

if in c:/ 150GB exist data i will back up them... 

BTW needed backup and  E:/ the separate data HDD but Not bootable disk ... ???

Also system is windows 7 Pro

if decide install windows 10 Pro [after migrate to SSD] can or is any way keep win 7 pro programs after install windows 10 pro to working under windows 10... In other words upgrade to win 10 but all data and programs NOT touched and kept working... can i now ?  is it free or paid this?

Not sure if it's free anymore, but yes, an upgrade will keep your programs and data in tact. 

Hi , If it were me i'd Disconnect the 1TB Data Drive Before you try to Clone , that way it won't show when you go to Clone .Regards Philip... Ps Also on the win 10 Upgrade , i'm sure it's no Longer Free , they offered only a Short Period time wise to do ok ..

As of about 2 weeks ago.....Windows 10 Home was still free.  I just upgraded a machine from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home and it activated without charge.

2 hours ago, Signman said:

As of about 2 weeks ago.....Windows 10 Home was still free.  I just upgraded a machine from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home and it activated without charge.

Yep. The 'Get Windows 10' program has finished (2016??), but if you have W10 installation media and a valid W7 licence key you can still upgrade for free.