Supershield definition download started failing about a week ago.  Every day I get this message repeatedly.  Does anyone know what causes it and how to fix it?pcmaticDownloadFailed.png.46f560ad6b2526f553db37a7f9f52b00.png

Edited by Laurence Smiser
correction of spelling

Please open your web browser, then copy and paste the links below, one at a time, into the address bar, then hit the Enter key:

defs.pcpitstop.com/3.0.15.0/pcpsfed.dat

defs.pcpitstop.com/3.0.15.0/pcpsfed-inc.dat

Follow the prompts to download each file to the computer, use the navigation tools to put the file somewhere that you can find it easily.

Once you have the files downloaded, go to Control Panel>Appearance and Personalization>Folder Options (or File Explorer Options in Windows 10) and click on the View tab, then move the dot to "Show hidden files and folders" and click on Apply.

Next, navigate to C:\Program Data\PCPitstopDat and move the downloaded pcpsfed.dat and pcpsfed-inc.dat file to inside of the datRTP folder that is at that location.

After you have both files inside the datRTP folder, reboot the computer and let us know if the issue is not resolved.

You can click the link below that corresponds to your version of Windows to view a video of the process. 

Windows XP

Windows Vista & Windows 7

Windows 8/8.1 & Windows 10

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. 

I have followed these instructions and the problem does not go away.  I have uninstalled Supershield, rebooted and reinstalled Supershield but the problem persists.  I am at a loss to know what is causing the problem.  However, I did the manual update and feel secure for the moment.

i am having this same problem. i sent a message to support but have not received a response although i sent the message several days ago. i will try this recommended fix

Hey @PCC

:wp:

Can you double check your spam folder to see if the reply was sent there. 

Tx 

The responses from Support have been rapid with many suggestions but there doesn't seem to be a resolution.  I did some system snooping and found if have run afoul of the Windows 10 0x800703f1 bug. See explanation here: 

https://ugetfix.com/ask/how-to-fix-update-error-code-0x800703f1-on-windows-10/

It seems it is related to corrupted or misconfigured system files and the only best solution is a clean install of Win 10.  I also have been unable to update Windows 10 except for some vulnerability patches for over a year.

The two may not be related since I was able to get auto updates of definition files before the problem began.

Edited by Laurence Smiser