Sign in to follow this  
John C.

Very disappointed

Wanted to use a made in the USA product and get away from Kaspersky, but after downloading PC Matic, I can't even get it to open.  I used Firefox and after it didn't work, I found where there is a conflict. So I uninstalled it and went into the security section and unchecked the Block Dangerous and Deceptive Content box. Downloaded 3 more times and ther is no difference. Everything looks good until I open the icon on the desktop. All I get is a gray box with 4 shields in it. From that point , nothing. The only thing I can do is right click the icon in the taskbar and hit close window. Anyone have any hints? If not I'll be looking for a refund.

Picture 27.jpg

Hey John C. and :wp:

I'm not real sure why you're experiencing this, but if you'll open a trouble ticket at our help desk, we can get some of frome you and get a resolution in place here. 

You can open a trouble ticket here. https://www.pcmatic.com/support/

Tx :)

Also, if you're just seeing this and haven't contacted our support team, try the below.

Thank you for contacting PC Pitstop customer service.

Make sure that you are both installing and running PC Matic from an administrator account. You can right-click on the icon(s) and select ‘Run as administrator’.

If that does not resolve the issue, run the Windows registry repair tool from the link below:

http://files.pcpitstop.com/support/Repair-ActiveX.cmd

If you are using Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a 64 bit operating system, first save the file above to your desktop, then right-click on the saved file and select, “Run as administrator”.

When you run the tool you should see a command window open and be able to watch the tool’s progress.  The tool may appear to ‘hang’ once or twice, but if you wait the tool should complete.