Sign in to follow this  
Skippydoodle2

Canon printhead problem??

Not sure if I'm at the right forum but here goes...my Pixma 4200 printer is not printing the PGBK black ink, at all!  The nozzle check shows all colors and the other black ink but not the PGBK ink, which I need for the texts. I tried a new printhead and the same result.  What gives??  there is ink on bottom of cartridge and shows ink in its reservoir.  Any suggestions would be great.. Thanks!

Did you run the print head/nozzle cleaning utility built into the printer's software? 

Yes I did...three times..........is there a printer reset that might work??   Should I try another new printhead?   By the way thanks for responding....could two printheads have the same problem??    I'm just at a lose on whats happening.

thanks TX...tried this method with the two printheads I have, but no go...both heads still do not print out any PGBK ink...is it really possible that both heads are badf??  Should I gamble on another printhead??  

Tbh, as inexpensive as Canon printers are these days, I'd just replace the entire thing.