Sign in to follow this  
Zoo4361

Mac PCMatic beta question

This app is NOT on the start on login list of items in my System Preferences.  When I try to send the app to the Trash I get a message that PCMatic is running and cannot be moved to trash.  But I can find no way to shut PCMatic down.  How do I uninstall PCMatic beta for Mac please?

Edited by Zoo4361

Hey Zoo4361 and :wp:

Thanks for helping in our beta of PC Matic for Mac. If you would, could you share why you're seeking to uninstall so I may pass it on to our developers? 

In the mean time, to uninstall, the uninstaller is contained in the install disk image at https://utilities.pcpitstop.com/osxupdate/InstallPCMatic.dmg

You should be able to run the uninstaller by double clicking the “Uninstall PC Matic.tool” item after opening the disk image.

Tx

Reason for wanting to uninstall the beta for Mac is that right after installing the beta, all programs would exhibit a "loss of control" as the active window.  For example if is using Mac Mail, and trying to type a reply to an email, after a few keystrokes I would get the audio notification that I was not typing in the displayed window, and could not enter any key strokes until I had left clicked on the Mac Mail client email to resume typing.  Same for entering text in a browser, or playing a video game.

The uninstaller is asking for a password.  I tried my Mac admin password and it was incorrect.  Next I used my PCMatic password and that was incorrect.  I am stumped.  What password is required for the Terminal script please?

Hey Zoo, I just heard back from one of the developers about this.

"It is his mac password.

If he is logged in on a non-admin account at the time he runs it, he might need to run the admin script from the admin account."

Try this and let me know if it works as expected.

Thanks, 
Tx 

You're welcome, glad to help.

Tx