Duane

Installing PCMatic

I have Avast installed and want to replace it with PCMatic.  Do I need to remove Avast before installing PCMatic?  Any conflicts possible with both installed at the same time?  Any tips on getting Avast completely removed? 

Waiting to purchase PCMatic until I have answers.  Could not locate anything in the online materials available.

Edited by Duane
Additional info

Hey Duane, 

When you install PC Matic, we'll identify any conflicting software and remove it during our installation process. 

Thanks for your interest in our software. 

Tx

Nigsy - Thank you for the response and link, but I preferred not to use an Avast product to uninstall their product.  Too many rumors/stories about their intrusive code.  I got rid of it with Revo and a little search and destroy work.

Tx - FYI, I purchased PC Matic, did the download, etc., but the install did not identify any conflicting software (Avast) so I had to remove it.

Notes for whoever is interested at PCPitstop:

1.  I got a script error in the install process, but it doesn't appear to have affected anything.  Sorry, I forgot to post first and lost the screen shot when I restarted.

2.  Your purchase/install process could use a little refining.  It seemed convoluted, and at times, hard to follow.

Edited by Duane

Hey Duane, 

Thanks for your interest in our software and your feedback. I'll pass it along to the team.

Tx

i just purchased PCMatic for home and I am having trouble installing it. I watched the install video ( a number of times) but when I try to go through the steps as outlined, I don't find what I should be finding. I'm not too tech savvy, so any help on this matter is greatly appreciated. thanks Gene