lse123

COPY these files about 140GB vdi, vdmk etc more faster ... ? I do Not care if remove the bootable ability or remove Windows 10 files... since Now having SSD in old PC

I changed from HDD to SSD

after loaded HDD (boot-able - windows 10 disk) in another PC - also Windows 10

Tried COPY VIRTUAL MACHINE VDI VMDK  huge files 

because I did Not backup these in old PC due were VMs

Now in my try to COPY to external USB Stick 

copy goes to 52% after delays too much, for one vmdk file -  I think this is due to Windows 10 HDD / bootable

How COPY these files about 140GB vdi, vdmk etc more faster ... ? I do Not care if remove the bootable ability or remove Windows 10 files... since Now having SSD in old PC...well?

If you are trying to save on an external USB you are limited speedwise by the bandwith  of your USB port / device - USB3 would handle 140gb no issues in minutes (up to 10 times faster than USB2)

Also ensure your USB drive is formatted to exFAT and not the default fat32 or NTFS.

yes usb stick is exFAT and usb 3.0

but the fact that is windows 10 boot-able this HDD

makes folders hard slow accessible

and the copy of files very slow from it ... is correct?

exist cure by disable boot-able from this second HDD disk for ever... for coping faster data from it ???

blue usb slots are usb 3.0??? what about light blue usb slots are the same as black usb slots usb 2.0...?

1 hour ago, lse123 said:

exist cure by disable boot-able from this second HDD disk for ever... for coping faster data from it ???

Will make no difference. Being a bootable disk won't change the transfer speed.

1 hour ago, lse123 said:

blue usb slots are usb 3.0??? what about light blue usb slots are the same as black usb slots usb 2.0...?

Yes Blue are USB3 also light blue - You can always check in device manager to make sure.

A quicker way would be to network the 2 PCs (Im assuming you have old and new pc) and use the windows file transfer tool. Or remove the old drive containing the VM files and plug it into the new PC and just copy the files off.

yes usb stick is exFAT and usb 3.0

AND also slot in PC was light blue usb 3

also because I had removed HDD in favor of a SSD

I inserted that time HDD in PC... and now is in as SATA 3 connected

but Was very slow

In other words all you say were true but speed was slow

ARE YOU SURE BOOT-ABLE DISKS OF WINDOWS 10 IN ANOTHER SYSTEM WIN 10 - HAVE THIS DELAY IN COPY FILES? IS TRUE THIS? I CAN AS WELL RENAME SOME WINDOWS FOLDERS SINCE I DO NOT CARE TO REMOVE BOOTABLE ABILITY.... Because I have SSD now in the old PC....

1 hour ago, lse123 said:

ARE YOU SURE BOOT-ABLE DISKS OF WINDOWS 10 IN ANOTHER SYSTEM WIN 10 - HAVE THIS DELAY IN COPY FILES? IS TRUE THIS? I CAN AS WELL RENAME SOME WINDOWS FOLDERS SINCE I DO NOT CARE TO REMOVE BOOTABLE ABILITY.... Because I have SSD now in the old PC....

Being a bootable disc won't have any effect. It's now a 'slave' drive and all files on it will be read at the same speed. HDDs are intrinsically slow when compared to a USB stick or a SSD especially if you are transferring single VMK files which are massive.

If you are worried just delete all the windows system files first. 

42 minutes ago, nigsy said:

Being a bootable disc won't have any effect. It's now a 'slave' drive and all files on it will be read at the same speed. HDDs are intrinsically slow when compared to a USB stick or a SSD especially if you are transferring single VMK files which are massive.

If you are worried just delete all the windows system files first. 

what folders you mean DELETE when you say "just delete all the windows system files first."

?

19 hours ago, lse123 said:

what folders you mean DELETE when you say "just delete all the windows system files first."

?

Don't worry; I meant just delete the files you were going to rename if you weren't worried about them.