OzBoz

Malwarebytes Exploit Blocker

Hi,

No matter what program I am running, I am getting a Malwarebytes popup every half hour or so, advising that an exploit has been blocked. It seems as if the exploit is buried somewhere in my PC Pitstop folder, but a scan of this folder with Malwarebytes and two other AV programs reveals nothing suspicious. I am aware of the history between Malwarebytes and PC Pitstop reference the PUP false positives, and was wondering if this was an extension of that action.

This continual popping up of this message has only started recently, and has now reached the stage where, if I can't do anything about it, I am quite prepared to uninstall. While I wait for your help, I have temporarily disabled Malware bytes in order to preserve my sanity. Malwarebytes has suggested two possible fixes, but neither of them work.  I've even tried excluding the entire PC Pitstop folder to no avail.

Copy of Malwarebytes Report:-

-Exploit Data-
Affected Application: Windows Script Host
Protection Layer: Application Behavior Protection
Protection Technique: Exploit payload process blocked
File Name: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCPitstop\PC Matic\cmd \c echo x86

Hey @OzBoz :wp: and sorry for the delay in my response. 

We've spoken with Malwarebytes and they agree this is a false positive and have stated they'd correct it in their next release. The other side of this is it's never recommended to run more than one real-time protection agent as they can conflict with each other and cause problems, potentially even make your pc less secure. 

Hope this helps, 

Tex