lse123

is there a solution to extent HDD to another 20GB ... ??

I use Mac - Vmware Fusion Pro 11 - Windows 10 Pro Virtual Machine[VM]

I resized hdd of VM [Fusion Pro 11]... i then went to Disk Management [in guest Win 10 Pro] to resize C:/ HDD but I can Not EXTENT This partition due middle recovery Partition... obstacle 

see attachment

is there a solution to extent HDD to another 20GB ... ??

Screenshot 2018-12-04 at 10.43.22.png

Can you delete the unused partition and then extend the C:/ or just allocate the unassigned space a drive letter and use it as a seperate drive. Not sure if you can just move the recovery drive to the end. I'll leave that to some one else to advise! 

2 hours ago, lse123 said:

"

Can you delete the unused partition

"

you mean the small recovery partition??? has anything do with Windows 10 boot process... ? is ok to get rid?

No the 20gb of unused space. Delete it. But not sure if you can. 

1 hour ago, Tx Redneck said:

I believe you can with https://www.easeus.com/partition-manager/epm-free.html but not sure how/if it'll work with it being a VM. Clone the VM to en external hdd and find out.

That was my initial thought. But wasn't sure how it worked in a VM. Not sure how partións are stored within the vmx file? 

4 hours ago, nigsy said:

That was my initial thought. But wasn't sure how it worked in a VM. Not sure how partións are stored within the vmx file? 

Yeah, that's why i suggested cloning the vm so if it does get hosed, at least they don't lose anything.