Sign in to follow this  
Paperboy

Ordered a new laptop to replace my 5 yr old MBP

I spent quite a long time comparing laptops to my 2013 MBP and reading pro reviews for each and it was a very tough decision.  Unfortunately none had every feature I wanted so it was always :filtered: for tat but seemed this one seemed to have the most overall features I want. There were a few others along this price range I would have chosen over this such as the Razer Blade or Gigabyte Aero but had a few key areas for me that wasn't up to snuff according to reviews such as heat, trackpad or battery life. I have to admit though, this 5 yr old MBP is still pretty darn fast at most everything and held up very well. It's always ran cool, very quiet and handled whatever I'd throw at it along with an awesome trackpad and spot on gestures. I give the Apple designers serious props but their Windows drivers suck and I prefer it over OSX. So I'm not sure if I'll notice much difference with performance in general usage with a new one as this still performs really well. Usually any PC tech I upgrade to after 5 years feels extremely dramatic in even the most basic tasks but the battery is showing it's age and it's not really too great for using Windows due to their poor drivers as if Apple did it on purpose.
So this is what I ordered, should be here Tuesday.

Dell XPS 15 9570 
Total $1,744.08

16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 at 2666MHz
Windows 10 Pro (64bit) English
8th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H Processor (9M Cache, up to 4.1 GHz, 6 cores)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti with 4GB GDDR5
Killer 1535 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.2
15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) InfinityEdge Anti-Glare Non-touch IPS 100% sRGB 400-Nits display
Silver Machined Aluminum Back Cover
Killer 1535 Driver
M.2 256GB 2280 PCIe Solid State Drive
CyberLink PowerDirector 16 & PhotoDirector 9 Ultra
McAfee Small Business Security 12-month subscription (CB)
Backlit English Keyboard with Fingerprint Reader

130W Power Adapter
6-Cell 97WHr Integrated
Mail In Service after Remote Diagnosis, 1 Year