Yall, keep him in your thoughts and prayers please, he's in the ER right now. He suffered a heart attack this morning.

Update: The episodes have stopped, they put a stent in and will be implanting an ICD as well. He's now in ICU.

Here's the latest, copy/pasted

Good morning everyone,

Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts.

My dad has survived the night but remains in critical condition in the ICU.

The cardiac pump placed in his heart last night is working. He is still intubated and in a medically induced coma.

I was able to see/talk to him last night and he knows you're all sending love and support his way.

Alright so I got the official word from the doctor moments ago. He's no longer having GI bleed, kidneys are producing some urine. Right now they're allowing the heart to rest as the two pumps are doing all of the functions/pumping. They're going to take pictures of his heart tomorrow to see if they can begin to lower the settings of the pump to see if his heart is rebuilding it's strength to work on it's own.

I'll post more later as I know. 

Got this in the wee hours. 

Hey man, I got a call at midnight to come say my goodbyes because his heart rate had dropped to 30. Come to find out his heart did stop once. I stayed at the hospital for 4 and a half hours and just got home. They're now doing dyalysis on him as his kidneys have begun to stop. His blood has become acidic which may have factored in on the drop of his blood pressure. Theyre working to get him balanced again but have to do it  slowly to assure his heart can take the blood leaving to be filtered. His numbers have come back up and he's still fighting the good fight. I'm gonna try and get some sleep for a few hours and head back to the hospital to be by him.

Just got off the phone with his son, 

He said his dialysis is goin well, the pumps installed to help with heart function are working well. They feared w/dialysis that his BP would drop too much, but that didn't happen. His BP, pulse and all are looking good, O2 is a lil low, but he's on a ventilator, so that's ok. In the time Zack spent with him so far today, David has squeezed his hand, wiggled his feet and head and winked at Zack, so he's aware of Zack's presence. They took a picture of his heart and in comparison to when he was admitted, there's been improvement of 3%, so this is good.

He said thanks for the continued prayers and good juju. He's gonna stay the night with him, just hang out, talk to him and play music for him.

Latest on Y

Just left the hospital now, my dad's O2 sats, BP etc. are all doing well as they were earlier today when I called you. Him and I enjoyed tons of music and hungout together pretty much for the entire day. He's been resting and building his strength while the dialysis and pumps do the work for his kidneys and heart. I'll be back in the morning to be with him

I'm embarrassed, I'm just now seeing this.

OMG!

He's not old enough to be going through all this, oh my, of course I'm praying for him.

Thank you Tx for the updates.

Here's the latest.

Zack says: I'm with him now, he's been in and out of AFIB but his BP is higher than yesterday. 

The swelling on his face has gone down drastically and the unofficial word of the heart imaging is that his heart is a wee bit stronger than yesterday but it's progress nonetheless. 

His O2sats are even higher than yesterday as well

Update: Dad's O2 sats have been 96 and greater all through the day. He has been going in and out of AFIB but is on medication to assist with that. When the RT was assisting him he became a bit uncomfortable and did open his eyes and looked directly into my eyes for quite some time. I let him know that he's doing great and that everything is okay.  He knows that I'm with him and not going anywhere and he squeezed my hand tightly until he fell back asleep. They will continue him on the dialysis and the heart pump as his heart is making progress little by little each day.i will be back with him first thing tomorrow morning

They will be performing a bronchoscopy tomorrow to check out his airways. Friday they will be giving him a tracheostomy since it'll be almost a week that he has been intubated. 

His heart ejection rate went from 9% when he came in on Saturday to 20%!

He got out of AFIB this afternoon, blood pressure has been great as well as O2 sats. They're going to take the right impella pump out as his ride ventricles are strong enough now. The left will be left in. The dialysis is still running to assist his kidneys. 

Here's the latest yall..

He went from 13 drips to 9. They've lowered the amount of medication and the mechanics. Still has the left impella pump and dialysis machine running. They've taken even more liquid off of his body to relieve the pressure. I have not gotten the updated ejection rate of his heart as of yet

Bronchoscopy has started

Fresh update on Y. 

Tracheostomy went well. All of his numbers are great, swelling is down even more. Left impella pump is still in and the dialysis is continuing however they have dialed back on all the mechanic settings. He's still on a vent with the trach but he now also has a trach collar to allow him to breathe on his own as well.

Big update today. 

As of today my dad is still on dialysis, mechanics have gone back to allow his body to work more but this is now the only machine assisting any organs. No more heart pumps, his heart is working with the assistance of some medications. He is on a few drips but all have decreased dramatically as well. He is having persistent bleeding from the nose and mouth at this time due to low platelet count and being on an anticoagulant. He had cat scans done today which showed his upper extremeties was perfectly fine but his stomach shows that he has a hematoma and is causing a slow intestinal bleed. This is what is resulting in his blood pressure also being low within the past 24 hours along with the low platelet count. At 9am tomorrow they will perform an embolization to help clot this intestinal bleed. He's fighting so hard and knows you're all by his side. Him and I are forever thankful for all of your prayers and thoughts. 

It is with a heavy heart that I must tell you that David has passed. He continued to fight until the very end, but after all of the trauma and surgical repairs, sepsis had set in. His body could no longer fight and he was taken off all machines and medications that were keeping him alive. I spoke with Zack this morning after they made the decision to take him off the support, but waited to send this email until he had officially passed. 

He went quickly and peacefully as soon as the support was stopped. He was also surrounded by family and loved ones until the very end. David was an amazing person, and he will be deeply missed. We will no more about funeral arrangements in the coming days. Right now Zack needs some time to recharge, and grieve the loss of his father.