bobc45

Can't contact customer support thru PC matic pop-up

I have been trying to change my password for 3 days with no luck. I enter my email in the window but I never get the expected link message. I even entered a different email address and still no link message. Are my requests being swallowed in a black hole? I know there is no phone support but what am I supposed to do? I have been a VERY happy user but this is NUTS! Thanks for any help you can give me...I am not good with computers so be slow...Thanks

Hey bobc45 and :wp:

I'm unsure of where you're trying to contacts through, but I'll forward this forum post to someone who can help ya out promptly.

Tx

Hi Bob,

Are you able to currently log into your PC Matic program?

If so, then you can change your e-mail address and/or password right there in the program.

Open PC Matic and on the first screen click on (Edit) near the top, below the license key.  You can change your information from there.

If you have scheduled scans you will need to reset the scheduler to include your new e-mail address. 

You've got 2 computers on your account, so if you are unable to do this on one, then try it on the other.

Once you change your password, then go back to the first and log in with your new credentials.

Let us know if this works for you.

Thanks

:) Y

Hi Y...I am not able to sign on and all I get to is the screen to login, which I can't since I don't remember my password....ugh. I only have 1 computer in my house now so I can't sign on from another. ???????  

Thanks for your help to Tx Redneck! Help is on the way to me!

Here Bob,

Give this a try:

To reset your password click the link below: 

http://www.pcpitstop.com/support/#/kb/login-issue

If you do not receive the link to reset the password in just a few minutes, be sure to check your junk mail folders both on the local email client and also at the online email program.

I have checcked several times and as of now no link. I really don't understand where to check my online program...I don't understand that ...duh. Anyway, I have checked my spam and nothing there. Before I drive y nuts...any other ideas? I appreciate your efforts!

What do you mean by checking your "online program"?

Do you see a PC Matic icon on your desktop?

Not the tray icon by the clock, but an icon on your desktop.

Double click it to open PC Matic.

Are you logged in there with your credentials and License key at the top center?

Okay, thanks.

I'll send you a PM and let's see if we can get you back up and logged in.

At the top right of the forums, click on the Envelope icon to access your messages:

messages.PNG

Or check your e-mail as it should be sent to you there as well.