lse123

The Boot C:/ Partition must normally recognized automatically, or needed setup the Boot Partition in BIOS

CLONING an HDD [having partitions C:/ boot-able and T:/ Not boot-able] to SSD 

the PC is HP Compaq 8200 Elite Micro-tower model 2011, processor core i5 2400

The question is 

After perform the cloning with ACRONIS TI 2018

and replace the HDD with the SSD 

The Boot C:/ Partition must normally recognized automatically, or needed setup the Boot Partition in BIOS ? 

been a while since i've cloned anything but if memory serves when you clone the drive you have options to clone just the c partition or all of the drive, now if you clone just the c partition this does not include the mbr or efi boot partition which is needed to do a straight swap of the drives and have it boot into the os.

so if i'm correct just doing the clone procedure again but this time choose the option to clone all partitions, which will include the mbr/efi partition should get it to boot correctly.

edit sorry just reread your post and may have misunderstood what you're really wanting to know.

yes if the cloning was successful then the c boot partition will automatically be recognized without the need to make any changes in bios.

Edited by terry1966

In Acronis, select Clone Disk, Automatic, Select the source disk(old one), select the destination disk(new one/ssd). it'll warn that if the new one has partitions or info, it'll format it. Allow that to happen if you're sure it's the correct drive to image to. When it's complete, shut the system down, swap the drives and boot as usual. 

They make the process pretty easy in Acronis TIH, it's my preferred disk imaging utility. You shouldn't have to do anything in the bios post swap.

I tried Acronis TI 2018 cloning live in Win 10 Pro... by this meaning run Win 10 Pro / Acronis TI 2018... and clone OS itself ... This i tried.

I exchanged disks but Not booted... what happened the cloning does not completed OK... ? 

The other way is cloning by booting on Acronis Media TI 2018... and clone the OS win 10 Pro withOut boot from it ... this Not tried.

if i'm understanding you correctly you tried cloning the drive while using the os on the drive you wanted to clone? this you can not do.

you need to boot to acronis, so the os drive is not being used, and then clone the os drive to the ssd.

The other way is cloning by booting on Acronis Media TI 2018... and clone the OS win 10 Pro withOut boot from it ... this Not tried.

this is what you do need to try for it to work.

Edited by terry1966