Sign in to follow this  
jcr

Nexus 10 tablet Blue Tooth won't work

Hi. I just got a refurbished Nexus 10 tablet that works OK except for the Blue Tooth function. I tried connecting my Symphony PX-5 Blue Tooth earbuds but they aren't detected by the Nexus 10. They work fine with my other tablets and laptop but not with this tablet. It searches but doesn't detect anything. I tried doing a complete factory reset three times and still have the same problem. The OS looks different than my other Nexus 10 that I got new and that the ear buds work fine with. It also won't update to the higher OS that it says I can update to, no matter what I try, and I went through every suggestion I could find. Is there anything else I could try before I send it back for a refund? I got a really good deal and like the tablet's high resolution. Thanks for any help.

Edited by jcr

Hi;

Does the Nexus connect to any other device (mobile phone etc?) or can you 'see' the Nexus on another device when you scan on that device and not the Nexus?

My laptop detected it and then I could connect my earbuds. Why, I don't know. I guess the last factory reset fixed it. Now the battery wants to go to zero when it gets down to 20%.  And I can't update the system. I'm looking at YouTube videos for things to try. Thanks for the help.

The battery issue is that it;s a very old device and the cell is failing.