Sign in to follow this  
kelly2

Photo display options

I recently had to change the battery on my Asus laptop (Windows 8.1) which has brought along the usual problems re-learning and re-doing things, I must've pressed the wrong option for displaying photo's when I hooked up my Canon A1400 it displays photo's in a way I would like to change, I've explored but have yet to find a way to change this, the first photo is what I'm presented with as soon as the camera is connected, the 2nd photo is what I've always been used to, how do I change this ?

CanonUploadScreenDon'tWant.jpg

CanonUploadScreenDoWant.jpg

It might be a camera setting...looks like it's trying to jump straight to importing all the pictures rather than just launching the utility. 

Just had a quick look at some google results - The first screen shot looks like the windows built in photo import screen, not the cannon software in the second picture. You need to look for a setting to launch the cannon software as the default for opening pictures. Might be worth un-installing the cannon software / reboot the machine and reinstall the cannon software and let it walk you through the connection wizard.

Thank you nigsy, that's exactly right, a few options popped up as soon as the camera was hooked up and I made the mistake of choosing one, when I should've waited for the Canon Utilities Camera Window DC to open as it usually does, I will try your suggestion !

8 hours ago, kelly2 said:

Thank you nigsy and Tx for your help, it turns out that Autoplay was the issue so I turned it off 👌

👍