Sign in to follow this  
Paperboy

www.pcmatic.com:This website has poor reputation according to Web of Trust.

That's what I see when I try to open the website from this site's home page. So what's up with that?

Clicking on it shows it's listed under Scam labled as scamware, rogue software and scareware. I don't quite get it, I thought this site was legit.

Well pcmatic.com is a legit and reputable site and they sell a legit and reputable anti-virus program there, despite what the folks at WOT are presenting.

On what specific evidence do they base such a claim?

Who is WOT:

Web of Trust (WOT) is a website reputation and review service that helps people make informed decisions about whether to trust a website or not. WOT is based on a uniquecrowdsourcing approach that collects ratings and reviews from a global community of millions of users who rate and comment on websites based on their personal experiences.

Where do the reputation ratings come from?

WOT's unique tools are powered by our global community of millions of users who have rated millions of websites based on their experiences. All websites'reputation ratings in WOT are based on ratings from our users.

They are most certainly entitled to their opinion.

:) Y