Sign in to follow this  
Droo

PCMatic Crashes During Scan

My problem is that whenever I try to scan my computer, the process stops whenever it reaches the High Level Threats scan.

Every time I restart and scan using PCMatic, it crashes specifically on the directory "C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_64\Temp\2ae8-0". I looked up the problem online and all of the cases that are somewhat similar to mine seemed to find this directory. I have attempted to put this directory in so I could locate the file it stops me on, but even with the Hidden Items box checked, I could not find it. This problem has happened before, and I deleted the file it stopped working on. The scan worked fine after that, but I can't do it this time, for the reason stated above. I have also ran command prompt in administrator mode and entered the command, "sfc /scannow". It only ran the beginning phase, called Verification, and after that it said something about not finding any integrity errors. I haven't installed SuperShield yet, if that affects anything. That's all the info I can think of on the top of my head that could affect this problem.

Hi Droo

Please open a ticket at our help desk so that we can get some more information and see what is going on.

You can open a ticket from here:

PC Matic Help Desk

Uploading a log file would be most helpful.

1) Open PC Matic and click the 'Options' gear icon, then select 'Technical Support' and click the 'Create a log' button to put a zipped file on your desktop. 

2) After a minute or so you should see a message that the log file was successfully uploaded and the log file should disappear from the desktop.

Please let the techs in the helpdesk know which machine is having the issue if you have more than one.

Also, let them know that you have uploaded a log file for them as well.

Thank you

:) Y