I can't get my password application in the white list. I've created a couple tickets over the last week or so and have received no response.

The help file tells me to go to the advanced mode so a popup will appear allowing me to white list it. I have yet to see a popup of any kind in the week I've been running it.

I am using Windows 10 and the application is called "Sticky Password". The only way I can use it is to pause protection, run the application, and minimize it on the task bar. I can then enable protection, but must leave it minimized. Prior to installing PC-Matic, it ran on boot up and stayed in the background until called for.

Kenny send me a PM with your registered e-mail address used for PC Matic.

Or, you can open PC Matic and look at the top center of the screen and let me know your license key number.

I looked for your e-mail address used here on the forums, but it is not registered with our products.

Also the name Kenny Golub is not registered with PC Matic either.

Help us to find your account and we'll get you sorted.

Thank you

:) Y

Thanks Ken,

I was able to access your account.

Can you upload a log file for me?

1) Open PC Matic and click the 'Options' gear icon, then select 'Technical Support' and click the 'Create a log' button to put a zipped file on your desktop. 

2) After a minute or so you should see a message that the log file was successfully uploaded and the log file should disappear from the desktop.

Let me know when completed.

Hi Ken,

Yes, the log file is present.

Please check your junk and/or Spam folder as well as these folders on the internet at your msn address.

There are several replies from the techs trying to assist you, but you do not seem to be getting their replies.

Hi Ken,

I had a chance to go through the logs and would like for you to try a registry merge to see if this resolves the issue.

Download and save the following zip file where you can find it:

Unzip the file and double click the file:  regfix.reg

Okay the merge into the registry when prompted.

Restart the computer and try the Sticky passwords program once again.

Please keep us posted on your findings.

Thanks for your assistance.

My apologies Y......I did find the email in the junk folder. Have to thank MSN for that.

I will look over the replies and run the "reg" merge in about a half hour and let you know the results.

Thanks again.

Ken

Here is what happened after the reg fix: I rebooted and the password application did not automatically load, like it did prior to installing PCMatic. I changed the "Block Notification Method" turned on for "Advanced" then ran the password application manually. This time it did run, but I still did not see a popup for me to add it to the whitelist.

Thanks

Yes, it does load now if I do it manually. It's not as big a deal now because of that. But to this day, I have never seen a popup window allowing me to either whitelist or deny any application. And it still does not auto load on boot up like it always has.

So, I can live with loading it manually, but if I'm not seeing a popup for whitelist or blacklist, how can I trust in the future, some other application isn't being blocked that I would want to run?

Thank you for your time on this.

I did find out since, that Sticky was disabled in the startup applications. I re-enabled it and it now auto loads. The only issue remaining then is that I cannot get the popup for whitelisting/blacklisting applications.

This was a bit different than an application being blocked, so the fix was different as well.

The file stpass.exe was not being blocked, but rather a set of dll files that it called were hanging and timing out.

Normally, if an application is "unknown" or has been classified as "bad" by our malware research team, then there will be a prompt that the application had been blocked.

Again, because this application was not blocked, there was no prompt.  This was a "hanging" issue and not a blocking instance.

I'll send you a link to a file in our PM thread that you can test out and you'll get a prompt.