Sign in to follow this  
wkunert

Super Shield causing problems with Microsoft Edge Beta

I am in the Windows Insider program and earlier this week I got version 17704.1000 which included a beta version of the Edge browser.  Each time I try to use Edge it crashes to the desk top.  I found that if I disable Super Shield the browser will load and run properly.  I don't want to run with SS disabled so I'd appreciate some advice.

Thanks

Thanks for letting us know.  Can you reproduce the issue with Super Shield enabled and then again disabled and then upload a log file for us?

To upload a log file, open PC Matic, then click the Options button.  Go to Technical Support on the left and then create a log file.

It'll get created and uploaded automatically.

Please let us know when completed.

Thanks for your assistance.

:) Y

The log has been uploaded.  Hope it's what you need.  If not let me know

Thanks

Bill

I just noticed that the forums load in Edge and they loaded with Super Shield activated.  Edge will not load by clicking on it's icon on the desktop with SS activated.

Edited by wkunert
updated info

This is interesting, as the executable is crashing within their own .dll file.  Most likely because of the way that Super Shield 'hooks" it when checking, but interesting nonetheless.

One of our chief Super Shield developers is looking into this and has asked if you'd be willing to create some "dump" files for him to examine.

It's actually quite easy.

I have a registry file that will need to be downloaded, saved, unzipped and then double clicked.

After double clicking, allow the merge when prompted.

Restart the computer and then recreate the crash a handful of times.

Then upload another log file for us and I'll get it to him.

The registry file is here:  http://transferfiles.pcpitstop.com/EdgeDumpCreate.zip

Let me know if this is okay with you and if so, just let me know when the latest log file has been uploaded.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

I started having another problem.  PC Matic won't load.  I get a message on the load screen that says if this screen appears for more than 60 seconds press Alt 4 to clear and try again.  I uninstalled PC Matic and reinstalled from a saved file and still won't load.  As soon as I get this figured out I'll upload a log file.

Apparently the problem was caused by your website being down.  At any rate PC Matic is working again and I've uploaded the requested log file.

Edited by wkunert
correction

Yeah, a pretty mean attack took place last night against us and our servers.

The log file never made it up.

When you are able, please give it another try.

Sure do appreciate your assistance.

Hi Bill,

Give this a try:

Please download and save the following zip file to your computer.

http://transferfiles.pcpitstop.com/regfix.zip

Navigate to the file and unzip it.

Double click the reg file that it contains and allow the merge when prompted.

Reboot the computer.

Give the 'beta' Edge program another try and let us know the results.

Hmmm, log file didn't make it up here.

Take a look in the hidden directory at C:\ProgramData\PCPitstop

Look for any ".dmp" files like ~ PCPitstopRTService.exe.2008.dmp

Attach any of these with today or yesterday's date on them to a reply here.

You may need to change the extension from ".dmp" to something like ".jpg", to make it work.

Thanks again

I'm still not generating any .dmp files.  Today Microsoft loaded version 17711.1000 on my computer.  Still a beta version of Edge but it behaves a little differently.  It doesn't crash to desktop but gives an error code of 0x8027025b.  I sent a new set of log files.  I appreciate the time you are spending on this problem because I don't really think the problem is yours.  I can always temporarily disable Super Shield when I need to use Edge.

Edited by wkunert

Microsoft loaded version17723.1000 on my computer a couple of days ago.  Edge is no longer a beta but the results and error code are the same as my last post on 6 July.

Edited by wkunert

The whole build is a beta.  The latest stable version of Windows 10 is 17134.191 with Edge running version:  Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0

I have spoken and worked with our chief Super Shield developer about the issue and he stated that there are just so many bugs that if we had a crash dump (.dmp) file to look at, then we may be able to get around it.  However, as soon as Microsoft pushes forward a new beta, the whole thing may well start all over again.

Sorry about that, but I'm not seeing a light at the end of this tunnel.

Hi, I recently started using Supershield, and also just updated the latest version of Windows 10, and I can't load Edge, keep getting an error code 0x8027025b, is this a Windows issue? 

I don't know