leftydrummrr

Best anti virus/malware programs to use with Firefox?

I just switched from Avast secure browser to Firefox.  I'm paying for  Avast Pro and Malwarebytes Premium. Adaware Antivirus Free version. Uninstalled CCcleaner because I heard it was compromised and contained malware.

Anyone have any suggestions about what antivirus/malware programs work best with Firefox, freeware or paid for?

Trying to get rid of what dosn't work and keep or find what does.  No current computer issues.

Thanks

I think what you have is just fine. I would install ad-block plus extension in Firefox just to speed up browsing; and if you want to tie it down a bit more you could add the 'no script' extension, but you may find that a bit restrictive.

I'm not sure if Adaware is actually an AV; more to stop PuPs as Malwarebytes calls them; if it is a full AV then you don't need to run it and Avast together as they may conflict with each other.

I'll concur w/Nigsy on an adblocker, but I don't recommend adblock plus as they sell ads. I recommend uBlock Origin, it's a better, lighter ad blocking solution.

23 hours ago, nigsy said:

Didn't know that!! Guess I'll be switching.

And knowing is half the battle. 😛

Image result for and knowing is half the battle gif

My computer skills are not great. Juliet, mod from the virus/malware forum suggested Firefox w/ABP, so that's what I chose. I'm not getting any ads,but the ads blocked counter for ABP would hit 2400 sometimes on my email page, A.T.&T. Yahoo.

I just added Ublock Origin and disabled ABP.  Hope it works as well or better.

I might as well uninstall Adaware,it really doesn't do anything until I run it.

I get a small screen on start up that says Firefox is not my default browser. Then the microsoft settings screen pops up asking me to set my default browser. Google chrome is the only choice I can see, and no way to choose anything else. I uninstalled Avast secure browser. Is there some way I can choose Firefox as my Default browser?

15 hours ago, leftydrummrr said:

Is there some way I can choose Firefox as my Default browser?

In Windows 10 (not sure what you are running) - Go to Settings > Apps > Default Apps - Scroll to the Web Browser setting and choose FF.