Sign in to follow this  
wkunert

PC Matic shuts down during scan

I am having a problem with PC Matic shutting down at the start of the high level threats scan.  The program quits and the program display goes away.  The program is also not running scheduled scans.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled PCM-same problem.  I had a virus warning while using Edge last evening.  It was one of those supposedly from Microsoft messages wanting me to call an 800 number for help.  The computer was basically locked up so I shut it down with the power button.  I installed a complete disk image and the computer works fine except that's when I noticed the problem with PCM.  I emailed PC Matic about the problem and did the log file for them.  I was wondering if there is a cause for this that is simple.

Thanks

My computer ran a scheduled scan this evening for the first time in 2 0r 3 days.  The report says it removed several .dll and .exe files seen as viruses.  I ran a manual scan and it now works.  I don't know what happened but I'm glad it did.

Thanks for helping with the log files.

The development team was able to track down the issue and resolved it.

As for those fake messages in browsers, those are just ads with rotating scripts to try and keep them alive.

Right click your task bar and choose:  Task Manager

Click to highlight 'Edge'

Click End Task

Reboot the computer normally

Open Edge and clear the cache (see link below)

https://www.lifewire.com/clear-cache-microsoft-edge-4156806

:) Y

Thank you very much for resolving the problem.  I really appreciate it. Many times when you have a computer or software problem you e mail the company and receive a "thanks for getting in contact with us, we'll get back to you" and that's the end of it, or if you call their toll free number you end up talking to somebody 10 thousand miles away who barely speaks English.  I really appreciate the onshore support from PC Matic.

Bill